Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow Priest Hidden Appearence?

Hey Priests!

i was just wondering ... There is the Salty Kraken in 64, 14 is Highmountain. It's a LvL 99 Beast. I wondered why it didn't scale, and remembered you can only MindControl Mobs that are a level above you, right? And you an reach the Broken Isles with a LvL98.

Seeing the hidden appearence is called "Claws of N'Zoth" , and N'Zoth being the "Underwater"-Old God. Did anyone of you every tried to Mind Control the Kraken? Killing it as a Prot Pally it did nothing, it didn't even defended itself-

Guess it's a wild guess, but i figured I'll let you know, maybe it's something!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel View Post
    Hey Priests!

i was just wondering ... There is the Salty Kraken in 64, 14 is Highmountain. It's a LvL 99 Beast. I wondered why it didn't scale, and remembered you can only MindControl Mobs that are a level above you, right? And you an reach the Broken Isles with a LvL98.

Seeing the hidden appearence is called "Claws of N'Zoth" , and N'Zoth being the "Underwater"-Old God. Did anyone of you every tried to Mind Control the Kraken? Killing it as a Prot Pally it did nothing, it didn't even defended itself-

Guess it's a wild guess, but i figured I'll let you know, maybe it's something!
    That's rather interesting. I may have a look later. Thank you for sharing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting for something to pop up for the hidden shadow apperance (to be fair, I haven't looked further than this forum myself). I find it a bit ironic that when something finally IS brought up, it's a prot paladin.. Are all the shadow priests to busy crying about their aoe DPS?

On topic: Your discovery seems highly likely. Great catch! Might check it out tonight if I have some time to play.

Supposedly, the shadowpriest hidden artifact appearance was found on beta during testing for the eyeball boss in Emerald Nightmare (don't remember his name). There's a comment on WoWhead saying the same thing as well, but since the testing wasn't up for very long at all on beta and there's no real confirmation other than some hearsay, it might very well be false and could be tied to some hidden quest like some of the other specs have.

For now though, I think most people assume it's from that boss and hence why no one is really talking about it, since we won't know for sure till the raid comes out in a week. With such a short duration, most probably assume it's better to wait and see rather than go on a wild goose chase.

Deleted
    It has been semi-confirmed that it drops from a boss in emerald raid. Someone got in in lfr on beta apparently. But I haven't heard anything else or more for that matter since that post way back a few months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, and I'd like to believe you are on to something - mind controlling it doesn't seem to do anything though - but maybe we need to learn to speak N'Zothian?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, that's a bummer.. I have been following the mage goose chase (sheep chase in that case? :P) and having a very good time reading the comments and theories.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Interesting, and I'd like to believe you are on to something - mind controlling it doesn't seem to do anything though - but maybe we need to learn to speak N'Zothian?
    Maybe we can get the artifact to speak to it somehow? It should know any old god language I guess?

Deleted
    Well worth a try, I guess. And still , this area has secrets im sure. The Kraken, the underwater air supply, the
    contaminated ship east of it.

Yeah i did know it it's believed to drop from a boss, but a) that's .... boring. Especially after a "rework" of the shadow and so much potential. And b) maybe the droplocation changed, since a few of the locations from beta changed.

So I just went to check it out. Interesting how he's sat there. I managed to mind control him but he has no special abilities. I'm wondering if maybe we need to use the talented dominant mind with him for some quest in the future maybe? I shall keep looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel View Post
    Well worth a try, I guess. And still , this area has secrets im sure. The Kraken, the underwater air supply, the
    contaminated ship east of it.

Yeah i did know it it's believed to drop from a boss, but a) that's .... boring. Especially after a "rework" of the shadow and so much potential. And b) maybe the droplocation changed, since a few of the locations from beta changed.
    Well, I would normally agree and go crazy with hunting for clues too, especially since the last few days of MMO-C front page has been about finding the hidden appearances for the different specs in the game, but another one of our brethren (or arch-nemesis, depending on how you look at it :P) - holy - has just as boring of a hidden artifact skin, so it's not really that farfetched to think we did as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Well, I would normally agree and go crazy with hunting for clues too, especially since the last few days of MMO-C front page has been about finding the hidden appearances for the different specs in the game, but another one of our brethren (or arch-nemesis, depending on how you look at it :P) - holy - has just as boring of a hidden artifact skin, so it's not really that farfetched to think we did as well.
    Definitely brethren, not nemesis - priests are a singular conclave now - it's canon (as I've always claimed) that all Priests recognize that life is a balance between light and shadow. Paladins, by contrast, possess the myopic view that only the Light is good, and they can purge the Shadow from existence.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Definitely brethren, not nemesis - priests are a singular conclave now - it's canon (as I've always claimed) that all Priests recognize that life is a balance between light and shadow. Paladins, by contrast, possess the myopic view that only the Light is good, and they can purge the Shadow from existence.
    Which is why I'm a Paladin. /puts on narrow shades

Deleted
    Regarding this Kraken there is also a "Slimy Clam" which you can use for Water Breathing and Swim Speed at roughly 61, 19
    Has anyone tried to kill him? I've seen some kills on WoWhead but can't be sure any of it was from a Spriest.
    The fact that there's a buff of 5m nearby and he doesn't attack you back sounds fishy

People should just learn to live with the fact that only a selected few specs got real questlines.

I'd say everything that was a drop during beta still is a drop.

Deleted
    What's the point of just sitting and waiting.
    The Kraken is still a mystery as it does not function like any other NPC ppl have seen so far in Legion

Deleted
    I've not investigated personally, however with the presence of the water breathing nearby, it seems to me that there is something of interest sufficiently far underwater. Has anyone tried looking for any interesting landmarks within a 5 minute swim of the clams location? Perhaps taking the Kraken there with mind control?

My wildest dreams would be fulfilled if we stumbled upon some Cthulu-esque monolith that interacts with it in some way to get our skin!

Deleted
    Would be cool but look at the order hall quest and our order hall. Do you really think they'd spend time on that? Anyway lets be optimistic!

It definitely drops from Il'gynoth. I got it last night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookymeow View Post
    It definitely drops from Il'gynoth. I got it last night.

Pics?

Or it didn't happen.

I can't post links yet I guess. Ill edit it when I can