Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendaries CAN drop from Rare Mobs

I was doing a World Quest that required to kill a Rare Mob with a Buff on it to make it harder, but this was the first time I've had to kill it due to skipping rares while leveling.

You can see in the video that when the rare was killed it rewarded the item from the World Quest. Only when I went to loot the body that it contained the legendary ring.

That being said, they can be dropped from rares and I want to assume it has nothing to do with the world quest. Also, I think it's once chance per rare since the loot table is gone after the first kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice grats =)

Deleted
    Guess who is going to kill every rare in the game tonight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Guess who is going to kill every rare in the game tonight?
    ME! Not you, me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    ME! Not you, me!
    You will be to busy role playing on Argent Dawn. I will be getting my first legendary tonight.

Nice find. I think you need to have not killed the mob before + having the wq on it for it to worked. I killed all rares while leveling sadly...thank you handynotes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Nice find. I think you need to have not killed the mob before + having the wq on it for it to worked. I killed all rares while leveling sadly...thank you handynotes
    This is really shitty though, it basically forces you to skip a good source of gear while leveling ... If it is indeed a requirement that the rare hasn't been killed before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    You will be to busy role playing on Argent Dawn. I will be getting my first legendary tonight.
    I keep my roleplay on Outland
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Grats. Also, dammit, why did you have to make a video about the seed shuffle...I need to make another 300k before 7.1!

15+ Year Old Account
    Afaik lengedaries can drop from any mob. But it's most likely a higher, yet still super low drop from rares and bosses.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Is this your first legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    This is really shitty though, it basically forces you to skip a good source of gear while leveling ... If it is indeed a requirement that the rare hasn't been killed before...
    If this is how it currently works, I can't imagine it being intended this way. Would be very counter-intuitive that ignoring those stars on your minimap is potentially better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post

I was doing a World Quest that required to kill a Rare Mob with a Buff on it to make it harder, but this was the first time I've had to kill it due to skipping rares while leveling.

You can see in the video that when the rare was killed it rewarded the item from the World Quest. Only when I went to loot the body that it contained the legendary ring.

That being said, they can be dropped from rares and I want to assume it has nothing to do with the world quest. Also, I think it's once chance per rare since the loot table is gone after the first kill.
    They can drop off any mob in the zone it's all RnG
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Afaik lengedaries can drop from any mob. But it's most likely a higher, yet still super low drop from rares and bosses.
    It can't drop from trash mobs / quest mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is this your first legendary?
    No, this is my second legendary.

There is no reason to believe that is the case, the fact that one guy killed every rare and got no drop means nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can get them off trash mobs in dungeons as well. Literally anything in the game since they are world drops. There's no way to specifically farm for them.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You can get them off trash mobs in dungeons as well. Literally anything in the game since they are world drops. There's no way to specifically farm for them.
    They aren't world drops. They don't drop from trash at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    They aren't world drops. They don't drop from trash at all.
    This, they aren't world drop at all. Boss loot only + emissary / PVP caches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    This, they aren't world drop at all. Boss loot only + emissary / PVP caches.
    Except people are looting them off things *other* than this. As demonstrated by this thread you just posted in.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222