Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    All but one I've met have been nice people. The one who wasn't tho, was somewhat equal to some far right types on this site. As in, extremely aggressive, nationalistic, and super racist.
    People are people... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really matter what anyone is?

People have to stop putting labels on others,- in the end who gives a f***? I mean let's face it, love is love and there is no need to identify as anything. Ugh...~

However, regarding the OP: I don't think you did anything wrong really. People like that just want attention and then when you give it to them they either act nicely because they reached their goal, or they bitch and pretend like "WHAAAAT!!!!!" lol...

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    One I met was under the impression that no one could have any issues because none of them compared to what they've been through.
    If you have not, watch "difficult people":

http://www.hulu.com/watch/960803
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

How about this example:
    You just met someone and midway during the conversation you're calling them gay.

Would it be reasonable that they would be offended? Yes. Even if they were gay? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    How about this example:
    You just met someone and midway during the conversation you're calling them gay.

Would it be reasonable that they would be offended? Yes. Even if they were gay? Yes.
    I don't think it would be reasonable to be upset if they were bringing up the topic themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Duval View Post
    How about this example:

Yeah, and you know why? Because "gay" is considered an insult for most people, even if it actually is just a state of fact.
    But our great humanity / society is using it much more to insult people than for anything else.

And therefore, if someone just plain tells you "you're gay!" then... sure the first thing you think won't be "oh how nice!"- Huh? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Yeah, and you know why? Because "gay" is considered an insult for most people, even if it actually is just a state of fact.
    But our great humanity / society is using it much more to insult people than for anything else.

And therefore, if someone just plain tells you "you're gay!" then... sure the first thing you think won't be "oh how nice!"- Huh? Yeah.
    Personally I think gay is very weak insult. It might sting homophobic people, but why should someone else really care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think gay is very weak insult. It might sting homophobic people, but why should someone else really care?
    Well okay, right. Compared to what else people have to offer it may seem like a very weak insult, I agree. But that doesn't make it any less of an insult for some people right?

Anyway all I'm trying to say is: it doesn't matter which sexuality someone has. If this person decides to be bitchy they will be it. No matter which insult you actually throw at them. Might as well have called them ham-cheese or something, lol.

Personally,- I even think gay is a compliment let's face it. At least you get to be out of the "expected norm". haha ugh...~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Eddie Izzard isn't transgender he's a transvestite
    It was a reference to a stand up show he did in San Francisco... I am very aware.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Hehe ok sorry, sometimes it's easy to get the wrong end of the stick online. I used to like Izzard but since he started campaigning for Labour and the EU Remain campaign I thought he made a dick of himself

No worries

Deleted
    So if I am getting this correct... Someone is a transgender (which means they think they are a woman but have a dick dangling between their legs? Am I right saying that?) says they only like men but doesn't make them a homosexual because they "feel like a woman"?

A gender is defined by what you do or do not have dangling between your legs (not how you feel)?
    Homosexual is being attracted to only your same gender?
    So the person is a homosexual?

Since when did "being PC" become more important than a fact? When did a fact become less important because someone "feels" it is irrelevant? I am not up to date to this gay, lesbian, cross dressing or w/e scene and I may be wrong but I have seen where "being PC" was more relevant than actually saying something that is correct. If you got a dick dangling between your legs, I will call you a man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Some people are picky about terminology. "gay" may refer specifically to "male-male" and "lesbian" specifically to "woman-woman", as opposed to "gay" referring to homosexual people in general. The initialism is LGBT* for a reason.
    I feel like this simply might have been the case here.
    Maybe she was one of those people who are really picky about it, and thought by referring to her as gay you also implicitly referred to her as a man - despite gay being used as an umbrella term for homosexuality as well. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by velren View Post
    Ok! As someone who is, admittedly, sometimes out of touch with current trends I turn to the MMO-C forums in the hopes I can be enlightened. Recently while visiting friends I met a transgendered woman, this was brought up by herself, not me. As we all talked she made a comment that struck me, she said: "I'm not gay, I'm only into women". I asked this in response: "you are a woman, being into other women would technically mean you're gay/lesbian, no?". I even went out of my way to preemptively say I was unsure about terminology and didn't mean any offense. Her repose was to shout, cause a scene amongst the party, and call me "an insensitive dick" among a few other choice names. Was my assumption about the meaning of gay wrong? Did I deserve that sort of response? It feels we all have to walk on eggshells any more and even honest questions can piss off anyone at anytime. I am out of touch, perhaps, but i feel people need to understand thay not everyone 'gets it'....idk
    Sounds like they're mentally unstable and probably just desperately searching for attention. Probably why they had the surgery in the first place.

IMO, if you want to change the gender you look like, fine. Just don't kid yourself. You're not actually changing your gender. Biologically you just can't do that. It's not physically possible. You're merely changing your physical appearance. I don't care how non-PC it is. It's just a fact. Doesn't matter if people are offended or not. Don't expect people to know what you prefer to be called or what gender you prefer to have sex with. Don't expect people to understand you either.

If you go through a "gender change" and you actually believe you've changed your gender, you are delusional. If you change your gender and still understand that you're biologically still the gender you were born with, then whatever I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that's different from if the kids were your own. They come first anyway, unless you don't care about them. But then, someone should never be a parent if that's the case.
    Well, you usually don't have them yet when you start going out, so there's some #1 time (if you're lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    Well, you usually don't have them yet when you start going out, so there's some #1 time (if you're lucky).
    That's true I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Aralon View Post

A gender is defined by what you do or do not have dangling between your legs (not how you feel)?
    Homosexual is being attracted to only your same gender?
    So the person is a homosexual?

Since when did "being PC" become more important than a fact? When did a fact become less important because someone "feels" it is irrelevant? I am not up to date to this gay, lesbian, cross dressing or w/e scene and I may be wrong but I have seen where "being PC" was more relevant than actually saying something that is correct. If you got a dick dangling between your legs, I will call you a man!
    Factually speaking, gender is a matter of society and identity, and sex is a matter of biology. Your reproductive glands indicate your sex. Your identity is less simply and strictly defined, of which your gender is a part. Sometimes the two don't match up exactly.

I feel like you're making the same mistake as the people to whom you're opposed. You seem to be confusing "being PC" with "being considerate." Being incorrect and being inconsiderate are different things, and it'd be great if people all over the place could internalize that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    Factually speaking, gender is a matter of society and identity, and sex is a matter of biology. Your reproductive glands indicate your sex. Your identity is less simply and strictly defined, of which your gender is a part. Sometimes the two don't match up exactly.

I feel like you're making the same mistake as the people to whom you're opposed. You seem to be confusing "being PC" with "being considerate." Being incorrect and being inconsiderate are different things, and it'd be great if people all over the place could internalize that distinction.
    It may come as a shock to a person that only lives inside their head but nobody else thinks like they do. To freak out that other people don't get what she is going through is totally Narcissistic.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Sounds like they're mentally unstable and probably just desperately searching for attention. Probably why they had the surgery in the first place.

IMO, if you want to change the gender you look like, fine. Just don't kid yourself. You're not actually changing your gender. Biologically you just can't do that. It's not physically possible. You're merely changing your physical appearance. I don't care how non-PC it is. It's just a fact. Doesn't matter if people are offended or not. Don't expect people to know what you prefer to be called or what gender you prefer to have sex with. Don't expect people to understand you either.

If you go through a "gender change" and you actually believe you've changed your gender, you are delusional. If you change your gender and still understand that you're biologically still the gender you were born with, then whatever I guess.
    I mean, I don't really care what you think about this, everyone has their opinion... But why is it so hard to understand someone who does something you find strange? Why not just, you know, accept them as a woman if they see themselves as woman, even if you don't see them that way? That's just basic decency.

Of course, some people just want to be jerks, so there is that too. Some will rather say something hurtful, knowing that it will be taken as hurtful, than to demonstrate even a bit of empathy. Or than to educate themselves to understand what this really is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure there's equally "non pc" way to describe you then
    A non enabler to crazy people? I guess so, yeah. If you mean an sjw buzzword, well those dont mean anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    A non enabler to crazy people? I guess so, yeah. If you mean an sjw buzzword, well those dont mean anything anymore.
    Hmm...I actually had something in mind that usually people from far right use. Do you subscribe to that spectrum? You might have heard of it.

But that's enough on that topic. I don't feel like infractions on forbidden topics for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...I actually had something in mind that usually people from far right use. Do you subscribe to that spectrum? You might have heard of it.

But that's enough on that topic. I don't feel like infractions on forbidden topics for no reason.
    Sorry, i dont belong to any politcal idealology. If your only argument is calling somebody right wing, well you already lost. I also find it funny youre worried about getting infracted becauee all you pc people do is call other people names instead of having any arguments worth any sort of merit
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-09-15 at 07:13 PM.