Few questions about momentum.

I have some doubts how to manage momentum correcly. The window is so short so I can use maybe 3-4 abilities. Basically Im using Throw Glaive and 2-3 Chaos Strikes but I wonder two things. Should I use FotI during momentum if up? What with fel barrage? Its channeled so Im not sure if should be used during momentum. What should I try to use during momentum for maximum use of this buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I have some doubts how to manage momentum correcly. The window is so short so I can use maybe 3-4 abilities. Basically Im using Throw Glaive and 2-3 Chaos Strikes but I wonder two things. Should I use FotI during momentum if up? What with fel barrage? Its channeled so Im not sure if should be used during momentum. What should I try to use during momentum for maximum use of this buff?
    Definitely use throw glaive, FotI, fel barrage and Eye Beam during momentum.

But EB only with anguish trait (still dont have it)?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You use Eye Beam any time there is more than 1 target without Anguish of the Deceiver. Anguish lowers the target threshold at which Eye Beam is worth casting from 2 to 1.

Yes. Also, make sure to use both FotI and EB at the beggining of the window. If you use it at the end (last skill), part of the damage won't benefict from the Momentum bonus.

Yes, always use those abilities during Momentum windows. The only thing you should be doing outside of Momentum windows is building fury(which is subsequently something you should never be doing during a Momentum window).

Your opener should look something like...

Fel Rush to target (Momentum Gained) > Fel Barrage > FotI > Throw Glaive (Momentum Lost) > Build Fury (to 80) > Vengeful Retreat (Momentum Gained) > Meta back > start rotation.

Fel Barrage comes first because each subsequent ability cast has a chance to give you a stack back.
    Last edited by fent; 2016-09-16 at 05:40 AM.

Does foti snapshot with momentum? Or does it lose the damage buff once the buff fades?

Does meta change anything or I want still use glaive, foti, eb, fel barrage during momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    Does foti snapshot with momentum? Or does it lose the damage buff once the buff fades?
    Testing on beta showed it did not snapshot. So I have try to have momo up for the RotI explosion.

Does meta change anything or I want still use glaive, foti, eb, fel barrage during momentum?
    Yes for all except FotI unless AOE. EB yes if you have AotD. For TG and FB you never want to sit on charges if you have Momo up cause those are lost charges/dmg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Also, everything Misume said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you don't want to reposition rotationally, don't main a Havoc Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    As far as I am aware, no damage snapshots with Momentum (except Bloodlet DoT). However, the window is large enough for FB, TG, and FotI.

Meta does not provide a damage boost to Fel Barrage or FotI. These abilities should ideally be used outside of your Meta window. During Meta you should be focused on casting Annihilation as much as possible, while only using TG to maintain Bloodlet. If for some reason your charges cap on FB, use it during Momentum so they aren't wasted, and only use FotI and EB if there is AoE. If you can, try to time your Meta window outside of add phases so you can get more Annihilation casts.

*Edited for better clarification.
    Last edited by fent; 2016-09-15 at 07:36 PM.