Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpten View Post
    As a SV without Stun, this Scenario annoy me alot.

It works just as well without a stun as long as you start with 20.. you might lose ~3-4 to Dro, but that's pretty much it.

I do this as SV (my main) and its easy as hell. Frost trap the shit out of everyone and its GG.

On top of what everyone else has said, your pet's attacks don't activate your withered. Thus its pretty easy to pull out single mobs. For example with elfbreaker, just stand in the hall, have /petattack, once its engaged, pull him back into the hallway (/petpassive) and frenzy your dudes+intimidation when he's about to slam.

In boss rooms you should be able to clear almost all the trash on the sides with this trick too before engagine so when your dudes frenzy they all attack the boss.

Finished the scenario last time with about 54 withered, granted I had already gotten the 25% health, 2 beserkers and a mage from the previous run.
    Last edited by Teucer; 2016-09-09 at 08:40 PM.

I find it to be super easy as a BM hunter. I completed it 100% yesterday and cleared the entire place, with 54-ish withered to spare. Got a bunch of chests out of that! Stampede is a fantastic CD for burst damage on bosses, but mostly it's the withered doing the damage. Tanacity tank pet as others have said helps greatly, but other than that it's just about pulling and pacing yourself. =)

The easy mode:
    1. Start with 20 (2000 mana)
    2. Go BM
    3. Havoc on each pack and bosses (make makro to click Extra action button)
    4. Pet taunt on
    5. Pull things with either kill command, multishot or /petattack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I do this as SV (my main) and its easy as hell. Frost trap the shit out of everyone and its GG.
    I didn't think about intterupting with frost trap...

Derp

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeno View Post
    Hey all, hoping for a few tips if anyone has them.

I just cant seem to keep my withered in this scenario, I feel we dont have enough interrupts or CC to deal with alot of the AoE that some enemies do (Compared to tanks and such); and some of the bosses just seem to destroy them... I think the last time I tried it I was around 830 Item Level, currently at 841 for the next try.
    Im going to try a Tenacity pet for my next run but feel my damage will lower too much...

So, any tips / tricks welcome!
    1). This is not a timed event, so take it slow if you need to.
    2). Tenacity pet to tank is amazing. Send it in to 1-3 mobs, then have your withered go mayhem and finish the add.
    3). With 10 withered, you should only need to interrupt the void adds once before they start to cast the explode, when tha happens make sure to have KC ready. If you feel like you won't kill it put your withered on Follow and run away, keeping them out of the detonation.
    4). Don't overlook your artifact. Make sure to at least have the trait that gives Hati beast cleave/wrath to help kill adds in clutch windows.
    5). Base talents accordingly. Binding works great at the last gauntlet, but if you aren't making it there yet look into Intimidation for the stun on adds if you have to interrupt more than once.
    6). Plan your run. The main goal (early on) is to get 400 points and then use the remaining Withered to get your chests you passed earlier. This part is preference, but I recommend getting small cheats over the large your first few times thru. The large chests contain an upgrade for 1 withered that is permanent and changes it into a Berserker or Mana Rager, but the small ones contain upgrades such as more health/damage with a decreased chance to run away. Esssentially, the small chests make your runs easier.

Personally, I've never used tenacity-pet, as I've been using Ferocity for everything.
    Sure, they die some times, but a res it pretty easy to put up. I haven't had any issues with pets dying more than one time each boss so far, and I'll prefer that over less damage.
    The lowest I've gotten so far is around 350, and that was my first run.

After I understood how it worked (.. after my first run) I've gotten between 500 and 650 every time, including 3 large chests and 3 medium ones.

The only tip I got is that you should have as many withered you can at all times, and when you feel done, you can go back and send them with the chests.
    You should have at least 20-30 withered now unless something went amiss.

Remember to use your binding-shot as often as you can, as all mobs can be stunned when doing withered army-training.

I currently have 847 ilvl, and while this is one of the reasons I manage to go through it pretty fast and easy,
    I had around 820 the first time I did it and managed 820, so it's doable if you just take it slow.

There's no time-pressure at all.
    Last edited by DeadlyDag; 2016-09-12 at 05:38 PM.

Man, what the FUCK am I doing wrong? I finally get enough mana for 20 this time around, thinking maybe things will be different. I pull everything slowly and carefully, clearing out all the trash until I get to the first boss, and she proceeds fear at least 6 of them one after the other faster than I can catch them over the course of like 15 seconds, I stop maybe half from running, only to find I've gone from 22 withered to 3. I got no clue what everyone else is doing, I've never even made it past that first underground room. And now I got to wait three fucking days, that's what really gets me. Another three days until I can make another blind stab with absolutely no control or feedback as to who's attacking who or taking damage from what.

Quote Originally Posted by lmaoboat View Post
    Man, what the FUCK am I doing wrong? I finally get enough mana for 20 this time around, thinking maybe things will be different. I pull everything slowly and carefully, clearing out all the trash until I get to the first boss, and she proceeds fear at least 6 of them one after the other faster than I can catch them over the course of like 15 seconds, I stop maybe half from running, only to find I've gone from 22 withered to 3. I got no clue what everyone else is doing, I've never even made it past that first underground room. And now I got to wait three fucking days, that's what really gets me. Another three days until I can make another blind stab with absolutely no control or feedback as to who's attacking who or taking damage from what.
    Was this boss behind a door (Lapillia)? If so you need to run away from your withered when she casts Crystalline Shrapnel (it will place a swirl underneath you). Also, you should skip all the bosses, at least until you unlock a few chests (especially the +25% health/damage and the reduced fearing one), since they are not compulsory and they don't reward anything. The first boss you should be encountering is Leystalker Dro since he is the only boss that you can't skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Was this boss behind a door (Lapillia)? If so you need to run away from your withered when she casts Crystalline Shrapnel (it will place a swirl underneath you). Also, you should skip all the bosses, at least until you unlock a few chests (especially the +25% health/damage and the reduced fearing one), since they are not compulsory and they don't reward anything. The first boss you should be encountering is Leystalker Dro since he is the only boss that you can't skip.
    I didn't even hit any of them with the bomb, I think she just murdered them all while I was off chasing after the runways. Will take the advice of just skipping bosses though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems this is a lot easier for Survival now (at least in terms of getting the 400 score). Our Survivalist heal that activates on a kill heals the Withered Army. Not sure if it's always or when you got below a certain amount of Withered. Noticed mine healed when I had 1-2 Withered, before I noticed it didn't heal because it showed the heal then just subtracted the health again. This time though the healed stayed and they didn't lost health again.

Deleted
    20 wintered at start and you will ROFLstomp everything on sight
    Onlyt problem who i meet is that these dudes can stuck on boss and when this hapen ....they just vanish @Spl4sh3r Army cannot be premamently healed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    20 wintered at start and you will ROFLstomp everything on sight
    Onlyt problem who i meet is that these dudes can stuck on boss and when this hapen ....they just vanish @Spl4sh3r Army cannot be premamently healed
    The heal was working for me and it was permanent. I know since I have seen how it looked before. Before say they were on 14% and Survivalist healed to 17% before the next healing tick they go back to 14% and the next heal to 17% and it goes back and forth until Survivalist ran out. Now in my latest run I had only one Withered left after Dro at 4% and it healed up to 100% from Survivalist and stayed like that.

Hmm, I think I might know what my problem was last run. Either she's casting Crystal Shrapnel onto my pet was well, or the range is way longer than the effect would suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, hold on now. Watching my recording again, I notice every time Crystal Shrapnel expires on me, an explosion comes out of my pet.

One thing to remember, guys and gals, is that the sealed doors require either 10 withered still in your army (they are not consumed, it's just a power of your army requirement) or 2 berserkers. So, don't skip them thinking you need a key. If you have your withered, open the door when you have 20+ withered, especially, and annihilate what's inside. Once you get the spellcasters and the increased health and attack power, everything goes really quickly. The berserkers, to me, are more of a liability than a feature. They taunt off your pet and are usually the only withered I have that end up dying eventually. But whatever. They're free and help for a while.

One thing I do is related to what others have recommended by saying "go slow", but I haven't seen this specific recommendation, so I'll go ahead and explain it.

Have your withered army on assist to move them around and position them maybe 20 yards from the room where the next mobs are, then switch them to damage increase/stationary mode. They'll kind of wander, but they should be out of aggro range for mobs. Then pull mobs as you see fit and the damage increased withered will annihilate as the adds come to you. Switch them back to assist to move them forward, as necessary, and then switch them back to station-keeping/damage.

If you are going MM, then be sure to use bursting shot and Wyvern Sting to interrupt casts, as well as the counter shot. If you are going BM, I have had great experience going Intimidation for the stun and counter shot. After you get spell casters and the damage increase, some of the mobs die too quickly for interrupts to be all that important really, but getting up to that point is aided by taking it slow, understanding what you have to interrupt the arcane mobs and bosses, and saving CDs for the bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Is there any point to this scenario beyond the 425 rep?
    Not really, when you get 400 points you are entitled to the best rewards, the extra 25 won't have any additional effect from my experience.

Deleted
    complete joke as BM. This was my 2nd week of doing it

- - - Updated - - -

Finished with 45 followers and 590 points (everything over 425 is pointless unless you still need the chest upgrades)

Quote Originally Posted by lmaoboat View Post
    Hmm, I think I might know what my problem was last run. Either she's casting Crystal Shrapnel onto my pet was well, or the range is way longer than the effect would suggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, hold on now. Watching my recording again, I notice every time Crystal Shrapnel expires on me, an explosion comes out of my pet.
    So anyone else experienced this? I think it might be why I was having such a hard time in earlier runs as well.

What's ur Weapon XMOG look super nice