Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    So glad they're letting Rommath do things, even if just some snarky dialogue and a couple quests. I also like Liadrin's portrayal here, it's much more in-line with her BotH characterisation: a blood elf paladin, not just a paladin. Proud, a little haughty, compassionate, but also a tad cynical, with a survivor's attitude and an eye for war logistics.

All of the elves here seem flawed in their own ways though. Rommath and Liadrin clearly think their blood elf forces are the only ones capable of achieving anything, Vereesa is still on the vengeance train for muh Rhonin, and Tyrande's idea of diplomacy is rudely mouthing off to Thaly like a harpy. Elves in general are jerks.
    the blood elves are the only ones with a real profecional army

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Orcs had only one expansion, Elves had two.
    The Horde/Alliance plot of Cata, MoP, and all of WoD.

Blood Elves had BC, then in WotLK had a small faction acting as the Kirin Tor and Argent Crusade's sidekicks doing logistics you buy your raid gear from. One questline (Quel'delar) is not an expansion.

Then nothing in Cata outside a few small meaningless quests for the Reliquary that hasn't had any major focus in ever. That did nothing to make up for the Blood Elves not getting a starting-zone update to tell the story of what they're up to these days like all the other races except Draenei got.

Then a small storyline in 5.1, then another in 5.2, with no meaningful end, only being swept under the rug so Blizzard could make the Sunreavers, Kirin Tor, and Silver Covenant all friends again, only to...make them hate each other again in the first patch of Legion. Oh, joy.

The orcs/humans have dominated every major faction plot for years. The Purge of Dalaran and Isle of Thunder business was one of the brief moments the orcs let the Blood Elves come up for air.

Tauren got a lot of taunka business in WotLK, I'm sure lots of Cata quest zones that I didn't do because I don't care much for Tauren, Sunwalker Dezco's stuff in Krasarang and Vale of Eternal Blossoms and a short story in MoP, nothing in WoD, but really the only ones who got anything then were humans, orcs, and draenei, and now Tauren have Highmountain in Legion.

Trolls got Vol'jin and Zandalari quests, dungeons, and a book in Cata and MoP. Shame that's probably all they're ever gonna get now that Vol'jin is gone.

Forsaken have gotten plenty in Cata and Legion.

MoP was pretty much all pandas, bugs, mogu, zandalari, and humans vs. orcs (and both their friends).

WoD was all orcs, draenei, and Khadgar's human stuff.

Legion is tauren zone, Forsaken/Worgen/Vrykul zone, Naga/Night Elf ghost zone, Night Elf druid lore zone, lots of demons sprinkled all over the place, and the elf factions all coming together for a big 10th anniversary special in Suramar, a link back to where it all began for all of them.

It's almost like the orcs going back to Nagrand in BC, only not as profound and soul-searchie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post

OK, Tyrande, you just proved that all elves are racist. By Elune...
    So after we fight alongside her, with no reason to, even going up against xavius to save her husband.. she still acts like a complete spaz.

Why are the women in warcraft just such awful people? I'm not being sexist, blizzard just seems to write them as either terrible people, or background fodder. Tyrande - bubble headed bimbo. Jaina - emotional trainwreck. Sylvanas - Devious backstabber. At the moment Moira is the only stable one, and she use to be awful.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2016-09-15 at 07:51 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So after we fight alongside her, with no reason to, even going up against xavius to save her husband.. she still acts like a complete spaz.

Why are the women in warcraft just such awful people? I'm not being sexist, blizzard just seems to write them as either terrible people, or background fodder
    Not really, just Night Elves. Thalryssa is awesome, Liadrin, Draka, Moira, lots more. Night Elves are just night elves, and well, Jaina is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    So glad they're letting Rommath do things, even if just some snarky dialogue and a couple quests. I also like Liadrin's portrayal here, it's much more in-line with her BotH characterisation: a blood elf paladin, not just a paladin. Proud, a little haughty, compassionate, but also a tad cynical, with a survivor's attitude and an eye for war logistics.

All of the elves here seem flawed in their own ways though. Rommath and Liadrin clearly think their blood elf forces are the only ones capable of achieving anything, Vereesa is still on the vengeance train for muh Rhonin, and Tyrande's idea of diplomacy is rudely mouthing off to Thaly like a harpy. Elves in general are jerks.
    Yikes, were any of Blizzard's writers involved in both the meetings to plan the Trueshot Lodge and Light's Hope Chapel stuff, and the meetings for the Suramar stuff?

Where's the Blood Knight Liadrin in my Order Hall? Because all I see there is a plain old boring human paladin wearing a blood knight tabard with long ears and green eyes.

And it's gonna be incredibly jarring for hunters, especially Horde hunters, but ESPECIALLY Blood Elf-Horde hunters to do their order hall stuff, have Vereesa be all buddy-buddy with the Sentinels and Farstriders there, go to Suramar, and suddenly be all "I'm fine with cooperating to fight the Legion, but cooperating to fight the Legion to save an oppressed people and gain a valuable ally against the Legion? Screw that, my husband Rhonin must be avenged! ...Even though I'm supposed to have let go of my hatred in War Crimes when I hugged by sons who've never had a speaking role in any lore ever, it seems."

And then go back to Trueshot Lodge and see Vereesa going "THE SILVER COVENANT ARE YOURS TO COMMAND, BLOOD ELF FARSTRIDER!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Liadrin - '' I feel bad for these people we know how shitty addiction can be''

Tyrande - ''Bitch you better do what I say or else, I DEMAND''

Lets say one is more likeable than the other. But I guess its in character.
    Liadrin is more comprehensive and always willing to help people fighting the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    moar Dalaran and moar Khadgar.
    Excuse you, when has that ever been a problem? I am delightful.
    Cool as a cucumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

Why are the women in warcraft just such awful people? I'm not being sexist, blizzard just seems to write them as either terrible people, or background fodder. Tyrande - bubble headed bimbo. Jaina - emotional trainwreck. Sylvanas - Devious backstabber. At the moment Moira is the only stable one, and she use to be awful.
    Liadrin lady is a very nice character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Not really, just Night Elves. Thalryssa is awesome, Liadrin, Draka, Moira, lots more. Night Elves are just night elves, and well, Jaina is a lost cause.
    Well, Thalryssa was a night elf once, high born, but I've taken it they and night elves are of the same race just changed down the line by magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Liadrin lady is a very nice character
    she is, but I'm more thinking of major female leads. Liandrin is at a postion like Nazgrim and Taylor were.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, were any of Blizzard's writers involved in both the meetings to plan the Trueshot Lodge and Light's Hope Chapel stuff, and the meetings for the Suramar stuff?

Where's the Blood Knight Liadrin in my Order Hall? Because all I see there is a plain old boring human paladin wearing a blood knight tabard with long ears and green eyes.

And it's gonna be incredibly jarring for hunters, especially Horde hunters, but ESPECIALLY Blood Elf-Horde hunters to do their order hall stuff, have Vereesa be all buddy-buddy with the Sentinels and Farstriders there, go to Suramar, and suddenly be all "I'm fine with cooperating to fight the Legion, but cooperating to fight the Legion to save an oppressed people and gain a valuable ally against the Legion? Screw that, my husband Rhonin must be avenged! ...Even though I'm supposed to have let go of my hatred in War Crimes when I hugged by sons who've never had a speaking role in any lore ever, it seems."
    I kind of expect Veressa to take a more submissive role now, most likely while getting yelled by the BE for the massacre of innocents in Dalaran and she should stay quiet and just look down (out of shame), that would give her some nice character development (Seen how she acted when she was blinded by hatred)

And then go back to Trueshot Lodge and see Vereesa going "THE SILVER COVENANT ARE YOURS TO COMMAND, BLOOD ELF FARSTRIDER!!!!!"
    As a main Blood Elf Hunter player, i feel you

7+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha ha ...

Interesting how the Highborne were supposed to be the high and mighty ones, looking down on and thinking they're better than everyone else in every way imaginable.

Compared to Tyrande, Azshara is so humble, she wears an old potato sack and sprinkles soil on her head as a symbol of humility.

At least Azshara knows who she is and embraces it. Tyrande is just an ignorant, egocentric dill hole, who thinks of nothing but herself (and Malfurion). Like for real. The way she spoke to me when I was just helping her rescue her useless preachy do-nothing-even-when-your-kids-are-being-murdered-as-we-speak-even-though-I-could-wave-my-hand-and-make-the-entire-forest-crush-the-Horde-because-vengeance-is-bad-but-when-I-want-vengeance-it's-justice-even-though-it's-actually-just-petty-revenge husband made it sound like she considered me responsible for his being taken by Xavius in the first place. "If my husband dies while you're helping me rescue him, it's your fault, and I'm gonna make you regret it" is not a motivation for me to help her in any way, shape, or form.

Her words now in 7.1 make me wish I could have left Malfurion to die, and have it be lore canon. Seriously. THIS is the High Priestess of Elune, leader of the now one true religion of WoW, and all others are just misinterpreted versions of the Night Elves' religion, or just completely and utterly wrong?

She seems more like Elune's answer to the Light's Scarlet Crusade now.

You'd think Elune would whisper a little to her and be like "Hey, quit bein' a bitch, or they'll never convert to Elune-ism, and the Army of Light'll never happen."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Ha ha ha ...

LOL. NOW she's trying to be all sensitive and diplomatic?

"Oh, that? That was just me trying to shatter any hope of eventual peace with this large group of arcane-inclined elves when I know for a fact that they're trustworthy, which could eventually result in hostile actions between us, perhaps making them resort to dangerous powers that could cause a lot of damage to both sides, resulting in me claiming the moral high ground and getting Thalyssra to be subject to a trial after being defeated, so every character in WoW can have amnesia and sympathize with me and throw hate on Thalyssra for 'unprovokedly' attacking a completely illegitimate but actually totally legitimate military target.

Now these plastic forks the Silver Covenant stuck into the grass all around our tents so we can't walk anywhere without stepping on them? That's gotta stop. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt or anything."

Today, I learned that harmless pranks are bad, but being a total bitch to someone just to establish your relationship as the SJW-level-of-easily-offended person who'll always be nothing but ungrateful and hostile all while demanding the respect, gratitude, and cooperation of the other person is A-OK!
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-09-15 at 08:32 PM.

Classic Blizzard to show the playable night elves in the worst light they can manage. They really love to shit on them for some reason.

Deleted
    Interesting how the Highborne were supposed to be the high and mighty ones, looking down on and thinking they're better than everyone else in every way imaginable.

Compared to Tyrande, Azshara is so humble, she wears an old potato sack and sprinkles soil on her head as a symbol of humility.

At least Azshara knows who she is and embraces it. Tyrande is just an ignorant, egocentric dill hole, who thinks of nothing but herself (and Malfurion). Like for real. The way she spoke to me when I was just helping her rescue her useless preachy do-nothing-even-when-your-kids-are-being-murdered-as-we-speak-even-though-I-could-wave-my-hand-and-make-the-entire-forest-crush-the-Horde-because-vengeance-is-bad-but-when-I-want-vengeance-it's-justice-even-though-it's-actually-just-petty-revenge husband made it sound like she considered me responsible for his being taken by Xavius in the first place. "If my husband dies while you're helping me rescue him, it's your fault, and I'm gonna make you regret it" is not a motivation for me to help her in any way, shape, or form.

Her words now in 7.1 make me wish I could have left Malfurion to die, and have it be lore canon. Seriously. THIS is the High Priestess of Elune, leader of the now one true religion of WoW, and all others are just misinterpreted versions of the Night Elves' religion, or just completely and utterly wrong?

You'd think Elune would whisper a little to her and be like "Hey, quit bein' a bitch, or they'll never convert to Elune-ism, and the Army of Light'll never happen."

- - - Updated - - -

"Oh, that? That was just me trying to shatter any hope of eventual peace with this large group of arcane-inclined elves when I know for a fact that they're trustworthy, which could eventually result in hostile actions between us, perhaps making them resort to dangerous powers that could cause a lot of damage to both sides, resulting in me claiming the moral high ground and getting Thalyssra to be subject to a trial after being defeated, so every character in WoW can have amnesia and sympathize with me and throw hate on Thalyssra for 'unprovokedly' attacking a completely illegitimate but actually totally legitimate military target.

Now these plastic forks the Silver Covenant stuck into the grass all around our tents so we can't walk anywhere without stepping on them? That's gotta stop. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt or anything."
    As I said before Elune needs a new champion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Classic Blizzard to show the playable night elves in the worst light they can manage. They really love to shit on them for some reason.
    They fucked up pretty badly when they imprisoned Illidan and banned magic 10.000 years ago

Deleted
    I hope that Blizzard don't cave in to the fanboys of each side, because I'm loving all the xenophobic crap about the elves. Finally everyone will see the truth behind the elven race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Or they are finally showing the true nature of the night elves, like all the other elves? The savage xenophobic race that appeared in WC3?

I hope that Blizzard don't cave in to the fanboys of each side, because I'm loving all the xenophobic crap about the elves. Finally everyone will see the truth behind the elven race.

- - - Updated - - -

Or they are finally showing the true nature of the night elves, like all the other elves? The savage xenophobic race that appeared in WC3?
    Right, honestly I am tired of the lets hold hands bullshit, the horde has done terrible things, we can band together and fight the legion without huging and holding hands

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Today, I learned that harmless pranks are bad, but being a total bitch to someone just to establish your relationship as the SJW-level-of-easily-offended person who'll always be nothing but ungrateful and hostile all while demanding the respect, gratitude, and cooperation of the other person is A-OK!
    Well... i actually like her as an Asshole, she makes me think of the DnD paladin, i mean... Lawful Good, doesn't mean nice, i can be an Asshole that works for the greatest god of all that's good (and still be seen as Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    As I said before Elune needs a new champion
    For all the huge implications about Elune that are coming out these days, where she's basically the one true goddess of all of WoW that the Army of Light will be serving under, and is the origin of all the Light that all races use, so humans technically worship Elune, Dwarves, Gnomes, Trolls (now that I guess they've converted to Naaru-ism in the priest order hall), Tauren (since the UVG basically said that the Tauren are completely wrong and An'she doesn't exist, nor has he ever existed at all ever), Orcs (since their ancestors were only accessible because a dying naaru was leeching on their spirits to keep itself alive), Blood Elves, Forsaken Light-worshippers, Worgen, Draenei, Goblins I guess, Pandaren, and Night Elves, Blizzard is doing a really good job of making it impossible to take Tyrande seriously and see passed the rabid xenophobic racism.

For the speaker of the one true unifying goddess of WoW, Tyrande really seems to be incredibly intolerant and full of hatred.

It's almost like she's a false prophetess, or whatever the implications of being Elune's chosen scion on Azeroth are.

She's exactly like the Scarlet Crusade in her approach to her religion.

- - - Updated - - -

the blood elves are there to help and feel compassion for shaldorei

For all the huge implications about Elune that are coming out these days, where she's basically the one true goddess of all of WoW that the Army of Light will be serving under, and is the origin of all the Light that all races use, so humans technically worship Elune, Dwarves, Gnomes, Trolls (now that I guess they've converted to Naaru-ism in the priest order hall), Tauren (since the UVG basically said that the Tauren are completely wrong and An'she doesn't exist, nor has he ever existed at all ever), Orcs (since their ancestors were only accessible because a dying naaru was leeching on their spirits to keep itself alive), Blood Elves, Forsaken Light-worshippers, Worgen, Draenei, Goblins I guess, Pandaren, and Night Elves, Blizzard is doing a really good job of making it impossible to take Tyrande seriously and see passed the rabid xenophobic racism.

For the speaker of the one true unifying goddess of WoW, Tyrande really seems to be incredibly intolerant and full of hatred.

It's almost like she's a false prophetess, or whatever the implications of being Elune's chosen scion on Azeroth are.

She's exactly like the Scarlet Crusade in her approach to her religion.
    Too bad elune actually saves her all the time, she must be a part of elunes master plan like illidan