Page 34 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So , I've just dumped all my artifact items into my WW artifact, and spent I think 19-20 traits in it while going counter-clockwise...

well the thing is, I've watched my Fist of fury tooltip before and after putting 3 points into Fists of the wind (15%) and it didn't change, Im pretty sure it didn't change at all.
    I did the same for Rising sun Kick and it actually showed on the tooltip the new 15% bonus.

So basically, is that just a tooltip bug? Do you know if it's working or not?
    Last edited by Atreiu; 2016-09-15 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    So , I've just dumped all my artifact items into my WW artifact, and spent I think 19-20 traits in it hile going counter-clockwise...

well the thing is, I've watched my Fist of fury tooltip before and after putting 3 points into Fists of the wind (15%) and it didn't change, Im pretty sure it didn't change at all.
    I did the same for Rising sun Kick and it actually showed on the tooltip the new 15% bonus.

So basically, is that just a tooltip bug? Do you know if it's working or not?
    It's a tooltip bug I reported on earlier in this thread. It still modifies the damage appropriately.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, SoTW did not always do full damage to every target hit on Beta. As long as they add in a reduced AOE damage component and leave single target alone, I'd understand. It is a bit OP to hit full packs for 1.5 mil damage per mob.

I can understand the SotW change, but hopefully they don't just leave our talents in the dirt. Ascension, RJW, and Chi-Orbit, AFAIK suck really badly. Would really like some varied play here, to actually do some good damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Go take your fearmongering and chicken little syndrome elsewhere.
    Oh yeah, there is a topic for that too. Totally forgot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I can understand the SotW change, but hopefully they don't just leave our talents in the dirt. Ascension, RJW, and Chi-Orbit, AFAIK suck really badly. Would really like some varied play here, to actually do some good damage.
    Yep, some minor buffs to Ascension to close the gap a little to the other ones would be nice. Though, since it's probably the easiest to use talent in the row, and grants 1 additional max Chi, it should still be a little lower in my opinion.
    RJW is actually quite strong, but Hit Combo is huge in that tier and overshadows it.
    Chi-Orbit seems to be designed to be that weak, as it's the only talent in that row which has no impact on gameplay. I'm ok with it lagging behind, though they could close the gaps a little, too.

@ nerfs: We all know that they were possible. Our burst aoe is among the strongest of all classes. I personally would have prefered if they'd have waited a bit longer and looked at higher content to get more data from longer-relevant content (i.e. mythic+ and raids), but well.. we sure aren't in a position to complain.

Yea I understand the aoe nerfs but I hope they don't nerf our single target damage as we are already middle of the pack.

My Windwalker is still hands down the funnest of my characters to play and I will be sticking with him through the roller coaster of this xpac. A nerf to SoTW was bound to come at 849 ilvl with Horn and Alch Trinket procs i would almost hit 2million crits on the ability on an entire pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Yea I understand the aoe nerfs but I hope they don't nerf our single target damage as we are already middle of the pack.
    i would think they would buff ST when they nerf artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    @ nerfs: We all know that they were possible. Our burst aoe is among the strongest of all classes. I personally would have prefered if they'd have waited a bit longer and looked at higher content to get more data from longer-relevant content (i.e. mythic+ and raids), but well.. we sure aren't in a position to complain.
    DH and WW are simply too far ahead of others. imo, i don't think more data is needed
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    I dunno, I played a monk during Highmaul and we all saw how that went.

10+ Year Old Account
    DH and WW are simply too far ahead of others. imo, i don't think more data is needed
    But the difference is that our AoE comes in burst phases. I reckon in sustained AoE fights after we've blown our CDs our AoE will drop a decent amount. It's not rare to go 5-10~ seconds without doing ANY AoE damage once our CDs are down.

Which brings me to the point that WW monks use all of their CDs to achieve the amount of damage that we do on trash packs. They're specifically made for AoE for crying out loud. So now they're nerfing AoE because WW monks, which are supposed to do incredibly well on AoE, are far ahead of others on short term AoE fights? That's just backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    But the difference is that our AoE comes in burst phases. I reckon in sustained AoE fights after we've blown our CDs our AoE will drop a decent amount. It's not rare to go 5-10~ seconds without doing ANY AoE damage once our CDs are down.

Which brings me to the point that WW monks use all of their CDs to achieve the amount of damage that we do on trash packs. They're specifically made for AoE for crying out loud. So now they're nerfing AoE because WW monks, which are supposed to do incredibly well on AoE, are far ahead of others on short term AoE fights? That's just backwards.
    God forbid things are strong and fun to play. I don't like the idea of Blizzard already going head-first into nerfs possibly before raiding or shortly after. And not just that, completely going against the grain of wanting to buff over nerf classes. We shall see what happens in the end though, but honestly I expected things to not be nerfed for awhile -- just buffed.

This is not even remotely true.

Unholy DK is the undisputed king of aoe, with the luxury of it also affecting more spread out targets. Epidemic is an absolute monster, paired with scourge strike on DnD and dark transformation cleave.

Outlaw rogues are easily keeping up with DH and WW and surpassing them significantly in single target, where outlaw only lags behind feral druids (shit aoe spec) and arms warrior (shit aoe spec), whereas demonhunter and WW are middle of the pack single target DPS.

Same goes for fire mages as well, sitting in the upper tiers of single target but with extremely strong aoe potential.

The reason I'm not even optimistic about balance passes is because artifact power investment is a huge time sink.

The shitstorm they'd be courting if they suddenly nerfed the specs FOTM mages/rogues rolled into, is just not something they are going to risk. They said as much in a Q&A, that if fire mages were so ahead of frost and arcane, they'd only make minimal changes so they'd end up a little ahead instead of a lot.

They've had months and well over 40+ pages of concentrated feedback from mythic players who raid tested all throughout beta, and the underperforming specs like warlocks saw no changes whatsoever despite massive feedback in one direction.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-09-15 at 07:35 PM.

i meant to say DH and WW are far ahead of everyone else in aoe not ST
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Apparently I'm really good at finding things that get nerfed. I started legion as a WW monk (nerfed aoe incoming), went straight to Highmountain to get the floaty toy, jump toy, dream toy (nerfed), and even rolled skinning/leatherworker (nerfed). I'm afraid to roll an alt because they'll just dig into that next <_<

Ghostcrawler even admitted class bias on the dev team, as half the team mains mage. We had our time in the sun and now we're going be made examples of. In two months no one will even remember ww was strong at all, and it'll be business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    It is extremely rare to the point where it shouldn't ever happen but ok if you say so.

Literally all of this is pathetic logic. Being #1 on every trash pull for an entire instance isn't what the Devs wanted and shouldn't be a game you want to play. Sure some classes will be better but I don't want to step into a dungeon and know that I am going to be the best dps just because I play WW.
    I don't know what class you play but you can't pretend you play ww after your response to the first quote. Good try though troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodumene View Post
    Apparently I'm really good at finding things that get nerfed. I started legion as a WW monk (nerfed aoe incoming), went straight to Highmountain to get the floaty toy, jump toy, dream toy (nerfed), and even rolled skinning/leatherworker (nerfed). I'm afraid to roll an alt because they'll just dig into that next <_<
    Yep, I'm still remembering those toys before the nerfs. Good times.

i meant to say DH and WW are far ahead of everyone else in aoe not ST
    Just to add there: BURST aoe. Which was also specifically said by Blizz. We have almost no data from live for sustained aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    It is extremely rare to the point where it shouldn't ever happen but ok if you say so.

Literally all of this is pathetic logic. Being #1 on every trash pull for an entire instance isn't what the Devs wanted and shouldn't be a game you want to play. Sure some classes will be better but I don't want to step into a dungeon and know that I am going to be the best dps just because I play WW.

We excel at aoe fights that are less than 30 seconds or otherwise roughly 50 seconds (enough to fit in two decent rotations). Monk dps drops over time as other classes ramp up. The reason I have sustained burst is because sometimes I *gasp* don't cast my abilities if the trash pack is about to die. My cooldowns are up every trash pull. I also will hold off on casting my aoe shit on boss fights so it lines up with adds that spawn. Strategy.

Deleted
    Question about trinkets, especially to @Babylonius.

Why you dont place chrono shard combo with neck at higher requirements " to-get-items " ? The combo seems not that bad after all, especially that neck gives you extra mastery. 3k haste is damn good proc to have from time to time, no ? ;p

They fixed tornado kicks