Page 84 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here's kinda what I'd like to see change wise:

1. Sindragosa's Fury - Change from instant massive dmg & slow to instant medium dmg and medium dot. Then decrease cooldown. I believe the cooldown is so high because it's instant massive burst and utility, so decreasing the cooldown without decreasing the power I doubt will ever happen.

2. Obliterate w/ Killing Machine - Make Oblit's crit damage scale with crit when it consumes Killing Machine. Not 1:1 crit to crit dmg ratio though as that would probably make it too strong. Probably start off with 1:0.5 and adjust accordingly.

3. Obliteration - During obliteration user has fixed 1.0 gcd. Can't be increased or decreased by haste or external effects during that time.

4. Bad to the Bone - Just fucking crank this % through the roof to make Double RI competitive with RI/FC for fuck sake already...Maybe something like 33.3% increase per point (100% at rank 3, 200% at rank 6).

5. Chill of the Grave - Decrease from 8 yards to 5 yards and apply to all spells instead of just frost strike

6. Crystalline Swords - Boring animation, spice it up some please

7. Wraith Walk - FIX IT, enough said

8. Winter is Coming & Blinding Sleet - Combine these ideas a bit into: Blinding Sleet - Targets in a cone in front of you have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 8s. If the target was facing you it is stunned for 4s. 1s cast time.

9. Abomination's Might - Increase the % already...

10. New Winter is Coming - Single target movement speed reduction from 0% to 100% over 4s, after slow the target is stunned for 4s. Doesn't apply the stun if the snare is removed before it's run it's course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XScorpion2 View Post
    Here's kinda what I'd like to see change wise:

1. Sindragosa's Fury - Change from instant massive dmg & slow to instant medium dmg and medium dot. Then decrease cooldown. I believe the cooldown is so high because it's instant massive burst and utility, so decreasing the cooldown without decreasing the power I doubt will ever happen.

2. Obliterate w/ Killing Machine - Make Oblit's crit damage scale with crit when it consumes Killing Machine. Not 1:1 crit to crit dmg ratio though as that would probably make it too strong. Probably start off with 1:0.5 and adjust accordingly.

3. Obliteration - During obliteration user has fixed 1.0 gcd. Can't be increased or decreased by haste or external effects during that time.

4. Bad to the Bone - Just fucking crank this % through the roof to make Double RI competitive with RI/FC for fuck sake already...Maybe something like 33.3% increase per point (100% at rank 3, 200% at rank 6).

5. Chill of the Grave - Decrease from 8 yards to 5 yards and apply to all spells instead of just frost strike

6. Crystalline Swords - Boring animation, spice it up some please

8. Winter is Coming & Blinding Sleet - Combine these ideas a bit into: Blinding Sleet - Targets in a cone in front of you have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 8s. If the target was facing you it is stunned for 4s. 1s cast time.

9. Abomination's Might - Increase the % already...

10. New Winter is Coming - Single target movement speed reduction from 0% to 100% over 4s, after slow the target is stunned for 4s. Doesn't apply the stun if the snare is removed before it's run it's course.
    Jesus Christ those are all awful expect the cliché obliterate critical damage increase which will not happen despite how many times people ask for it.

I'd much rather have obliterate with a portion of frost damage.

Quote Originally Posted by zekken View Post
    Jesus Christ those are all awful expect the cliché obliterate critical damage increase which will not happen despite how many times people ask for it.

I'd much rather have obliterate with a portion of frost damage.

Quote Originally Posted by XScorpion2 View Post
    Go and buy Glyph of the Wraith Walker. Problem solved.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=139274/g...-wraith-walker

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    That's a band aid, not a proper solution. It's buggy in it's current state and needs some love, you shouldn't need to apply a cosmetic glyph it to make it work properly as that blocks you from other cosmetic glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    While the glyph fixes the issue, it's pretty stupid to all but require a class to purchase a cosmetic glyph in order to get one of their abilities to work properly.

Who cares. It works... Submit a bug report and maybe it gets a proper fixed some time.

So maybe this isnt the right place to ask this, but whatever. Why is the Death Knight community so set in stone on what dps spec they play. Like from what I can tell none of the other classes that have more than one dps spec have this issue. It seems that the unholy players will always be unholy players and the frost players will always be frost. It seems to add a lot of unnecessary tension in the community

Deleted
    no tuning for a couple of weeks, time to invest AP into Unholy so you can raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    So maybe this isnt the right place to ask this, but whatever. Why is the Death Knight community so set in stone on what dps spec they play. Like from what I can tell none of the other classes that have more than one dps spec have this issue. It seems that the unholy players will always be unholy players and the frost players will always be frost. It seems to add a lot of unnecessary tension in the community
    I think it is a combination of the two DPS specs being so different and a hold over from wrath when most DK players had a strong spec identity because they coudl customize it so much and again they were all three very different. The other DPS spec that is like this is hutners with Marksman not having a pet and BM being pet centric (and now with the melee option). They are all very different specs and you really like one over the other.

So if you really like the DK, but you don't particularly like pets, or dots, or small hits, etc then you just want frost to work but traditionally frost has never worked and has always been a problem. The other frustration is that there have been MANY suggestions over the years to alleviate this but Blizzard does not seem to really care that much or know that much so there is a sense that Unholy is the DPS spec and frost is just a trap spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    As stated above, I think Death Knights always had a very strong spec identity, even among the DPS'.

Another reason is that the specs play very differently. One is obviously a tank so let's put that aside. Unholy now has the dubious reputation of being one of the only pet-themed specs that does not now have a 'Lone Wolf' talent. It's also the only class with a pet-spec that only has one other DPS spec. A lot of people really do not like pets, even among Hunters, and being forced into it (whether they should or not is an entirely different debate) tends to put those who do into the Frost camp. Quite a lot of Unholy is about playing the 'slow burn' of building up your DoTs, whilst Frost is much more about burst damage.

Even when it comes to aesthetics you'll see plenty of people who exclusively used two-handed or duel-wielding even if one of them (usually duel-wielding) was superior and only being able to duel-wield played a big part in what spec they chose.

I think at the end of the day, DK has 'only' two DPS specs that are both are so widely different - ESPECIALLY in Legion - so people stick to that camp no matter what. The only real recent comparison I can think of is Enhancement and Elemental Shaman.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2016-09-15 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    I have a question
    Razorice offhand or mainhand?
    Different opinions everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I have a question
    Razorice offhand or mainhand?
    Different opinions everywhere
    Assuming you have frostscythe, if anywhere says anything other than main hand for razorice I would stop using them as sources. Again only if you have frostscythe. Reason being that frostscythe puts RI on all targets hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Assuming you have frostscythe, if anywhere says anything other than main hand for razorice I would stop using them as sources. Again only if you have frostscythe. Reason being that frostscythe puts RI on all targets hit.
    Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    I think we can agree the boat has been missed on a Frost redesign at this point, as much as it was needed prior tot he expansions release.

If they didnt take that 1+ years to develop a Frost redesign i doubt there gonna do it in a content patch, Unless you mean redesign the talent itself which again i think they kinda put themselves in a corner with class designs.

They now have to design for classess, specs, talent tiers AND artifacts. That is alot of moving parts to keep in check.
    I don't think frost needs a huge revamp like what unholy got. Maybe give the spec more DK flavor and fix the KM mechanic. However the KM mechanic won't be fixed since they've said on record that the KM mechanic is fine and isn't a problem. That's really all it needs tbh.

Deleted
    get rid of frost spec it is a waste of time.

Hero classes should have 2 specs like DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people whine about frost, I'm having a blast playing it. The spec is the most fun I've had since I don't even know. It's fast paced, it's organic and it's kinda unforgiving to the point you need to watch out about wasting resources if you don't wanna waste dps. It's RNG? Suuure, but really, take a real hard look at all the other specs in the game, they are much worse off, ESPECIALLY unholy. 2x2 festering wounds on the pull, yeah, might as well cause a ninja wipe at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I don't get why people whine about frost, I'm having a blast playing it. The spec is the most fun I've had since I don't even know. It's fast paced, it's organic and it's kinda unforgiving to the point you need to watch out about wasting resources if you don't wanna waste dps. It's RNG? Suuure, but really, take a real hard look at all the other specs in the game, they are much worse off, ESPECIALLY unholy. 2x2 festering wounds on the pull, yeah, might as well cause a ninja wipe at this point.
    I don't dislike frost, I love it. Most fun I've had since wotlk with the spec. However, I also care about numbers and we'd be lying if we said we're on par with everyone else.

Looks like DH/WW AoE is being toned down. Also no tuning until the end of next week(Not surprised by this, would rather have the real data on 5+ minute fights than 1-2 minute fights).
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-09-15 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Frost plays perfectly imo...The only thing that needs changing is co-efficient's for scaling purposes.
    Perfectly? You mean with Frostscythe being a mandatory single target damage increase talent over Obliterate? Yeah no. They need to fix Obliterate so that it's always better on single target to use Obliterate over Frostscythe. Always. Frostscythe easily does more damage per rune than Obliterate and that's absolutely stupid, especially for a talent. It also doesn't make any sense to take away Howling Blast spam and the accidental Killing Machine waste from Obliterate and Frost Strike and then put BOTH of those back in the game with the addition of a single talent. Makes no sense. Absolutely annoys me to no end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Perfectly? You mean with Frostscythe being a mandatory single target damage increase talent over Obliterate? Yeah no. They need to fix Obliterate so that it's always better on single target to use Obliterate over Frostscythe. Always. Frostscythe easily does more damage per rune than Obliterate and that's absolutely stupid, especially for a talent. It also doesn't make any sense to take away Howling Blast spam and the accidental Killing Machine waste from Obliterate and Frost Strike and then put BOTH of those back in the game with the addition of a single talent. Makes no sense. Absolutely annoys me to no end.
    Don't forget that Obliterate provides Rime.