Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    At least arms isn't getting nerfed
    Arms already got a nerf to focused rage which is the only build that's topping right now. All the other arms builds are middle or lower of the pack. I wouldn't mind it if the other builds could start to compete. Anyways the csmash cd still feels too long and the tactician droughts happen way more often than blizzard seems to be implying.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Of course i play PvE.

No, i like specs that are middle of the pack.
    Judging by your picture, you play Monk. Probably why you are crying right now since they are about to get nerfed. Hopefully alot because i have never seen anything like it.
    Monks aren't going to get any substantial nerfs, we are good but we aren't top 5. People that complain about Monk DPS need to either learn how to play or stop thinking that AoE numbers in dungeon matter when compared to Single Target in Raids.

Can anyone explains me a little further how the mythic+ loot system works?

Why would i run with another's one keystone if i have mine? why would my party let me use MY keystone having theirs... if nobody has it depleted of course.

The weekly lockout its shared with regular mythics? if i do 10 mythics in that week, can i got to mythic+1 and loot? and then +2 and loot? and so on, repeating all dungeons many time as i want if i find a group with keystone?

TY!

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post

Why would i run with another's one keystone if i have mine? why would my party let me use MY keystone having theirs... if nobody has it depleted of course.
    Can't help you with how the lock outs work, but keystones are dungeon specific. He uses his for MoS, you use yours for HoV for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by elvor0 View Post
    Can't help you with how the lock outs work, but keystones are dungeon specific. He uses his for MoS, you use yours for HoV for instance.
    but if the party wants to go further, we will have to keep playing on the same keystone. or my kestone will upgrade too if we run with another's one keystone??

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Monks aren't going to get any substantial nerfs, we are good but we aren't top 5. People that complain about Monk DPS need to either learn how to play or stop thinking that AoE numbers in dungeon matter when compared to Single Target in Raids.
    Not to mention, as a Demon Hunter, if they nerf the damage instead of something like AOE size.. our single target is going to be severely damaged. I've read guides where Fel Rush is a 30% dps loss. If it's nerfed into oblivion we have to take other lack luster talents.

But it's ignorant to cheer on DPS nerfs based on AOE trash when it will effect our already middle of the pack single target damage. Some classes perform better in AOE situations, some have stronger single target. Certain classes will deal considerate damage on fights with adds, but be burnt on a tank and spank raid boss. It's the nature of the game despite blizzards "bring the player not the class" mentality.

I get burned single target by Arms. I'm not calling for a nerf. I perform better on the trash and bosses with adds. It's my role to know my strengths and weaknesses. If a fight calls for Aoe I know it's my turn to perform.

My two cents.. but I agree with Snackycakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    At least arms isn't getting nerfed
    People should realize this is just the first wave of nerfs,there will be more balancing.

They really seem to have gotten their head on straight with Legion, but that prestige change and their explanation for it are absolute BS, in my opinion. They completely removed any weight that the system had.

"To make that progression feel good, we added a lot of rewards along the way including artifact power, artifact appearances, mounts, toys, titles, etc. We did receive feedback, both internally and externally, that losing your honor talents didn't feel good and would be a significant impediment to particpating in Prestige."

What?? Like...HAHA....WHAT?? Losing your abilities isn't supposed to fucking "feel good". That's the entire idea behind the system. A sacrifice for (what we've been told) cosmetic rewards and other cool e-peen enlarging items. The fact that this is their reasoning absolutely blows my mind.

What I translate it to - and keep in mind that I am not a cynical WoW player - once we added cool stuff that people would actually want, we were afraid to put it behind a wall of difficulty. It really is kind of arbitrary for the level reset to even be in place now if nothing even changes when you choose to go back to 1.

Disheartening response. Is there a WoD dev in charge here or something?
    Last edited by Shullski; 2016-09-15 at 09:28 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    I will never understand why people call for nerfs rather than buffs to their/other classes to bring them in line
    Because Blizzard designs raid bosses around the concept that classes do X damage, it is easier to maintain class to raid bosses by nerfing 2 rather than buffing 24 up to the level of the 2.
    It certainly would be nice to buff everyone to the 2 but it is far more efficient from a game design viewpoint to nerf 2 rather than buff 24. They are just being realistic. Even Mythic dungeons are not designed for 1 class to do so much aoe dps, it is suppose to be a challenge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Blizzard: We completely redesigned classes. Now we are making boss encounters. We have no freakin idea if the encounters are even doable with the current classes but if they aren't we will look into hotfixing them.
    Uhh.
    Naoki Yoshida wouldn't even let guys like these fetch his coffee.
    You mean the producer of a game whose encounter mechanics are mostly ripped off WoW and other MMO ?

I'm sorry but it's not the player's fault that Blizzard is adding content that requires higher lvl of balance over more variety of content. THis issue is created by implementing new systems like mythic dungeons. Players should expect the content to be balanced for the classes to a degree of beeing acceptable. If the game is balanced for raids and pvp only - then the game should not be offering 5 man content that rewards some classes more than others. Or at least the content should not be punishing players for playing certain classes or specs.

This was my issue with mythic+ dungeons all along and to think that a game developer can't see this - or at least address the issue with a fair system is beyond stupid. Game was never going to be balanced around it - and therefor it should not be rewarding players beyond certain line - at ANY POINT. Blizzard shoot themselves in the foot by launching Mythic system from start. It could have been added later on when raids had started as a catchup mechanic. To not see this coming is just criminal in my eyes. And things will get even worse with Mythic+

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be buffing tanks ST dmg not nerfing their aoe dmg, especially for tanks whose dmg is linked to their self healing. Just wish the Blood DK artifact skill had a bit more worth on ST than a possible link with VB

Deleted
    "Get Ready - Mythic Keystones will start dropping on September 20. Are you prepared?"

No im not prepared cause i play warlock and nobody inviting me for mythic cause i do half dmg on encounters like azshara last boss.. and u cant balance that with some hotfix... u cant balance a class if u made a broken encounter... but dont worry i can race with 10 ilvl less players on HC...

Deleted
    Could they finally fix the enchant Mark of Hidden Satyr? The damage from this enchant is not showed up in damage meter like Recocunt and Skada. It would be sad not fixing it before raids open. What is hard to fix it via hotfix really Blizzard.

Deleted
    People that complain about Monk DPS need to either learn how to play or stop thinking that AoE numbers in dungeon matter when compared to Single Target in Raids.
    You need to learn that mythic+ is viable endgame content now so performance in dungeons is absolutely important, and dealing with trash is just as crucial as dealing with the bosses, in some cases it's even harder

Deleted
    translation - play the broken game, we know everything is f...ed up, we fix it (if we do at all), when content is not important anymore. when nobody plays broken class anymore, then there is no problem anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    2016 and people are still bitching about aoe damage nerfs..... Why do you have a "beta" Blizzard? Why the fuck do you need to nerf class'es? You had MONTHS of beta time and you release a game then fuck people over again and again, whats gonna happen to Demon Hunters now? Forced to play a tank? Or rerole to a Mage/Rogue and top the damage charts?
    Man this shit is turning into Mists of Pandaria all over again....

Nerfing classes because of dungeons. Mental midget devs. Wait for the fucking raid before you balance shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldara View Post
    You need to learn that mythic+ is viable endgame content now so performance in dungeons is absolutely important, and dealing with trash is just as crucial as dealing with the bosses, in some cases it's even harder
    LOL nobody is going to be doing mythic+. Did you see the challenge mode participation? It's the same thing. At least challenge modes had some cool rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    LOL nobody is going to be doing mythic+. Did you see the challenge mode participation? It's the same thing. At least challenge modes had some cool rewards.
    You think ilvl 880 gear isn't a cool reward?

Quote Originally Posted by Shihao View Post
    You think ilvl 880 gear isn't a cool reward?
    Exactly. Lots of people opt out of cosmetic only rewards. . .but I think the naysayers will see a much different side to the playerbase when a weekly mythic quality reward is at stake, not to mention 2 pieces of loot per group per dungeon that gets better the higher up you go. Of course, years of "pull this room and aoe it all down" tactics might have left a lot of people woefully unprepared to counter certain affixes where AoEing/Not CCing will get everyone killed.

Should be very interesting to see the reactions people post after the first week. I predict the most issues with the healing debuff on each melee hit (lot of dead tanks if aoe packs are pulled without cc), and the enrages at low hp/dmg buff on death of any mob in range. Let the games begin.