Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best legion Holy trinket atm

Hello, what are the best legion trinkets for holy priest so far please? Thank you for your answers.
    Last edited by pastachoutas; 2016-09-07 at 07:09 AM.

Haven't gotten much yet, I like Amalgam's Seventh Spine because it refunds a little bit of mana for Flash Heals and Greater Heals. It seems pretty good while mythic dungeons are the end game content and am running Surge of Light to keep up the squishier tanks. Maybe Thrumming Gossamer will be good for the int and ramp up of mastery over 20sec. Not sure about the others because I havent been lucky enough to get other trinkets to drop, gave away Horn of Valor to a Havoc DH guildie and Obelisk to a Boomkin guildie.

Edit: Can't post links yet :/
    Last edited by Jaconbacon1567; 2016-09-07 at 12:57 PM.

What is cool about Amalgam's Seventh Spine is that it procs off Trail of Light. So when you flash of light your target, your previous target will also refund you the mana as well. Its not groundbreaking stuff, but definitely something to consider as you work towards getting other suggested best in slot trinkets for raiding.

The best trinkets are thrumming gossamer from violet hold spider boss and infernal alchemist stone from alchemy. Good alternatives are chrono shard from arcway, flask of the solemn night from court of stars and amalgam's seventh spine from black rook hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The best trinkets are thrumming gossamer from violet hold spider boss and infernal alchemist stone from alchemy. Good alternatives are chrono shard from arcway, flask of the solemn night from court of stars and amalgam's seventh spine from black rook hold.
    >suggests 7th spine
    >ignores dmc: promises

elegiggle

7th spine is garbage if you're playing trail of light

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    >suggests 7th spine
    >ignores dmc: promises

elegiggle

7th spine is garbage if you're playing trail of light
    I don't suggest promises because even post buff it's useless, if you want to buy a darkmoon trinket that should be hellfire, promises is basically wasted gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    I don't suggest promises because even post buff it's useless, if you want to buy a darkmoon trinket that should be hellfire, promises is basically wasted gold.
    you suggest 7th spine

promises restores more mana than 7th spine

??

I don't see the 7th spine being good in 5mans. The mana restored per pull is extremely small. I haven't got to test in 30 man heroic raid yet but i'm not liking it. Im using using int + solid mastery stat on both my trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appatastic View Post
    What is cool about Amalgam's Seventh Spine is that it procs off Trail of Light. So when you flash of light your target, your previous target will also refund you the mana as well. Its not groundbreaking stuff, but definitely something to consider as you work towards getting other suggested best in slot trinkets for raiding.
    That is also a bad thing. Because you flash heal someone else and it refreshes the trinket on the previous target as well.. Basically delaying you the mana regen from that target until you flash heal another 3rd target or wait the 6 seconds.

I don't find the mana regen needed (probably in raid group :/ though the healing throughput trinkets surely will top them). Right now i'm running double world quests trinkets with secondary stats since i didn't get the mastery one from VH or any other from the Suramar dungeons.

I believe the VH one (mythic+) and the one from CoS first boss should be best until raid drops.
    Last edited by mmoc55545e35bd; 2016-09-16 at 12:45 PM.

Amalgams is absolute garbage.. i think anyone that thinks it is good should re-read the trinket proc carefully. The best holy trinkets are the intell/mastery stat sticks from WQ's

Quote Originally Posted by BlacChyna View Post
    Amalgams is absolute garbage.. i think anyone that thinks it is good should re-read the trinket proc carefully. The best holy trinkets are the intell/mastery stat sticks from WQ's
    intel/crit stat sticks you mean

you want BoT at 100% up time

or well, you want your crit somewhere between 30-40% before caring about mastery really. 30% crit is easily achievable in current gear. my priest has 35% crit 30% mastery and i see about 80-90% uptime on BoT

Quote Originally Posted by Eloren View Post
    That is also a bad thing. Because you flash heal someone else and it refreshes the trinket on the previous target as well.. Basically delaying you the mana regen from that target until you flash heal another 3rd target or wait the 6 seconds.

I don't find the mana regen needed (probably in raid group :/ though the healing throughput trinkets surely will top them). Right now i'm running double world quests trinkets with secondary stats since i didn't get the mastery one from VH or any other from the Suramar dungeons.

I believe the VH one (mythic+) and the one from CoS first boss should be best until raid drops.
    Very good point, I didn't think about it like that.

Has anyone done any testing with the naglfar fare trinket? It looks as though the absorb can proc off EoL. I still like the static INT trinkets more, but having random absorbs going off even as small as 70k, seemed fun.

- - - Updated - - -

intel/crit stat sticks you mean

you want BoT at 100% up time

or well, you want your crit somewhere between 30-40% before caring about mastery really. 30% crit is easily achievable in current gear. my priest has 35% crit 30% mastery and i see about 80-90% uptime on BoT
    Definitely agree with this. I am at about 32% crit and seeing about 65-70% uptime. I originally started off following suggestions of mastery first, but below 25% crit just felt bleh after picking up BoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been enjoying success with Naglfar Fare, the raw crit is helpful and the shield provides quite a nice buffer of 5-10% effective healing per fight. While others may be mathmatically better if we are able to get full use of mastery, I'm finding this one to be fantastic currently.

- Edited for bad math
    Last edited by Outcold; 2016-09-17 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
    BoT has a 20% chance on critical to proc. That means you need on average 5 crits every 12 seconds for 100% uptime. In 12 seconds if you spam 8 flash heals. You'd need 63% crit and a massive mana pool for 100% uptime.
    trail of light FH crits can proc BoT, so it's reduced significantly.

BoT has a 20% chance on critical to proc. That means you need on average 5 crits every 12 seconds for 100% uptime. In 12 seconds if you spam 8 flash heals. You'd need 63% crit and a massive mana pool for 100% uptime.
    That's not how it works.

Assuming you spam flash heal at base cast time (1.5 seconds), uptime is 1-(1-(0.2*CC))^8 which is ~66% at 63% crit.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-16 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    That's not how it works.

Assuming you spam flash heal at base cast time (1.5 seconds), uptime is 1-(1-(0.2*CC))^8 which is ~66% at 63% crit.
    Ah yes, you are totally correct. The casts during proc duration should be double though, since ToL crits on its own. 1-(1-(0.2*CC))^16

Using 40% Crit puts us at 73.66% Uptime (While Endlessly Spamming FoL)

Two things:
    1) Blessing of T'uure is a perfect example of conditional probability.
    2) Blessing of T'uure cannot proc when it's already proc'd.

So I'd like for you to explain your mathing? (Even your corrected mathing).

(Edited to note that assumption #2 on my part was incorrect after being provided further/better information by other players)
    Last edited by Lisabel; 2016-09-17 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisabel View Post
    Two things:
    1) Blessing of T'uure is a perfect example of conditional probability.
    2) Blessing of T'uure cannot proc when it's already proc'd.

So I'd like for you to explain your mathing? (Even your corrected mathing).
    the fuck are you talking about lmfao

do you even have the trait unlocked? because unless something was changed literally 5 minutes ago, it can and does proc while the buff is active.

yep just checked. buff refreshed when it was at 5 seconds (buff does not pandemic)

the fuck are you talking about lmfao

do you even have the trait unlocked? because unless something was changed literally 5 minutes ago, it can and does proc while the buff is active.

yep just checked. buff refreshed when it was at 5 seconds (buff does not pandemic)
    I'm curious about your need to be rude? Yes, I have it unlocked. I haven't seen it refresh while chain casting Flash Heals. If it does refresh the duration, then hallelujah, because that makes it infinitely easier to manage and model.