Page 85 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Don't forget that Obliterate provides Rime.
    in the two GCD's assuming you're lucky to get it(this will change with 2pc as you're going to be more likely than not to get it) two FSc crits will do more damage than Obliterate/Rime even if both crit. Granted yes both are very unlikely to happen to get two FSc's to crit in a row without KM and same with Obliterate/Rime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Perfectly? You mean with Frostscythe being a mandatory single target damage increase talent over Obliterate? Yeah no. They need to fix Obliterate so that it's always better on single target to use Obliterate over Frostscythe. Always. Frostscythe easily does more damage per rune than Obliterate and that's absolutely stupid, especially for a talent. It also doesn't make any sense to take away Howling Blast spam and the accidental Killing Machine waste from Obliterate and Frost Strike and then put BOTH of those back in the game with the addition of a single talent. Makes no sense. Absolutely annoys me to no end.
    Honestly, there's four ways to fix it. Buff Obliterate every few months, Nerf Frostscythe, or have Obliterate scale with more than just AP/weapon damage, or buff the shit out of Rime HB's even more so the loss of damage is worth the potential proc, because right now it isn't in KM situations. Nerfing FSc would be bad, because there goes our aoe, Buffing obliterate every few months seems like tedious work...and they don't seem to care that obliterate doesn't scale. So...here's hoping one of those things happens? Also, my FSc crits for 190-220k withot Pillar...My Obliterate crits for(both mh/oh) roughly 150-190k). So worst case..So yes..it sucks...but it is the only way to proc Rime so the final thing may be the best thing to do. However we could become TOO strong in aoe situations if they buff it too much,
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-09-15 at 09:09 PM.

I got a proposition. Tell me if good or not.

Abomination's Might, right? The stun is so horrible it might not exist, but the knockdown and PvP daze are quite valuable. It's still off-set by random procs though, so all-around horrid talent.

So remove the stun, make the daze applied in PvE, and make the talent proc on Obliterate critical strikes 100% chance, not random.

So now they have reduced the movement speed increase from cloak enchants down to 2% from 10%.
    Ironically, that may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me.

Death Knights are just too damned slow. And Frost now lacks the ranged damage from previous incarnations.
    It may seem like a small thing. But this really, really annoys me. You can't put a price on mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    So now they have reduced the movement speed increase from cloak enchants down to 2% from 10%.

Death Knights are just too damned slow. And Frost now lacks the ranged damage from previous incarnations.
    It may seem like a small thing. But this really, really annoys me. You can't put a price on mobility.
    Those are the old enchants though? Why would you use the old enchant when you can use the new strength ones?

The new legion enchants for cloaks don't have any movement speed bonuses at all. It's just pure strength, stamina, or agility.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2016-09-15 at 09:52 PM.

Deleted
    low damage,

broken mechanics,

no real raid utility.

/Reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    low damage,

broken mechanics,

no real raid utility.

/Reroll
    I don't understand. Are you even a DK main? If not: GTFO. You literally know nothing and are contributing nothing to the discussion.

If you are then you must be one of the twelve year olds from back in Wrath when DKs first came out cuz hoooooly shit are you acting like one.

"hehe Anal [Obliteration] hehe anal [Virulent Plauge] hehe anal [Might of Mograine] hehe reroll dk nerds im so stronk"

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-09-16 at 07:20 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Perfectly? You mean with Frostscythe being a mandatory single target damage increase talent over Obliterate? Yeah no. They need to fix Obliterate so that it's always better on single target to use Obliterate over Frostscythe. Always. Frostscythe easily does more damage per rune than Obliterate and that's absolutely stupid, especially for a talent. It also doesn't make any sense to take away Howling Blast spam and the accidental Killing Machine waste from Obliterate and Frost Strike and then put BOTH of those back in the game with the addition of a single talent. Makes no sense. Absolutely annoys me to no end.
    Thats where the "change the Co-efficient" comes into play.....And even if they dont, the Frost 2pc will make most likely make Oblit a larger ST increase.

The spec "Plays" fine.

I don't understand. Are you even a DK main? If not: GTFO. You literally know nothing and are contributing nothing to the discussion.

If you are then you must be one of the twelve year olds from back in Wrath when DKs first came out cuz hoooooly shit are you acting like one.

"hehe Anal [Obliteration] hehe anal [Virulent Plauge] hehe anal [Might of Mograine] hehe reroll dk nerds im so stronk"
    You didn't counter any of his statements and instead resorted to unwarranted character attacks. If anything, you don't belong here, making this thread toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited about new frozen pulse, could bring some downtime playing that I really crave for.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    I am excited about new frozen pulse, could bring some downtime playing that I really crave for.
    Honestly, wish they'd just completely redesign the talent. It goes against what feels like the vision of the spec is from how a lot of the fundamentals work.

Deleted

reported. Just because you are upset that you have no valid counter argument, does not mean it is ok to cry and personally attack people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    You didn't counter any of his statements and instead resorted to unwarranted character attacks. If anything, you don't belong here, making this thread toxic.
    reported. Just because you are upset that you have no valid counter argument, does not mean it is ok to cry and personally attack people.
    That's adorable really. The last couple of pages he's been memeing about the spec and then class as a whole. I don't need to counter his "points" as you put it since he literally is just shit posting. He hasn't made any points. Didn't say what was low about our damage. He didn't offer a thought process on how to fix things. No he told us to reroll. I'm not the one making the thread toxic as I'm not telling people to reroll. I'm not in here memeing about the spec. I've been advocating for buffs since beta. Been saying that Obliterate needs a component that causes it to scale with mastery. I've been saying that Killing Machine needs a mechanic that scales with crit somehow so the stat doesn't devalue itself when you gather too much of it. I'm sick of this class being a meme to certain people who like to show up and crack jokes. We're in here discussing the spec, discussing what is optimal and what is not, and trying to find out what we can suggest to Blizzard to make the spec as a whole better. If you want to contribute to that then go ahead. If not, then stop posting here.

I don't get why people whine about frost, I'm having a blast playing it. The spec is the most fun I've had since I don't even know. It's fast paced, it's organic and it's kinda unforgiving to the point you need to watch out about wasting resources if you don't wanna waste dps. It's RNG? Suuure, but really, take a real hard look at all the other specs in the game, they are much worse off, ESPECIALLY unholy. 2x2 festering wounds on the pull, yeah, might as well cause a ninja wipe at this point.
    Fun has nothing to do with progression. It's about performance. That's why you don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget that Obliterate provides Rime.
    Averaged out over the course of a fight Fsc is still better by far.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saying that Killing Machine needs a mechanic that scales with crit somehow so the stat doesn't devalue itself when you gather too much of it. I'm sick of this class being a meme to certain people who like to show up and crack jokes. We're in here discussing the spec, discussing what is optimal and what is not, and trying to find out what we can suggest to Blizzard to make the spec as a whole better.
    Why is crit chance still not going towards Obliterate damage increase? They already have that mechanic in place with Chaos Bolt. I just don't understand Blizzard's reason. Obliterate has suffered from the same issue for years. Who is the monkey they have over there giving Frost feedback? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    Why is crit chance still not going towards Obliterate damage increase? They already have that mechanic in place with Chaos Bolt. I just don't understand Blizzard's reason. Obliterate has suffered from the same issue for years. Who is the monkey they have over there giving Frost feedback? I just don't get it.
    I have no idea. If they wanted it to be unique then my suggestion was to have Killing Machine also cause Obliterate to deal a percentage of its damage as frost damage. No additional damage persay but frost damage wouldn't get mitigated by boss damage and would also scale with frost's mastery so it would technically be a damage increase even with low mastery.

Deleted
    Crit does increase KM procc rate, in fact Frost DKs scale very well with crit. So what´s your problem with crit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly, wish they'd just completely redesign the talent. It goes against what feels like the vision of the spec is from how a lot of the fundamentals work.
    Yeah I screamed my ass off when they first implemented it. But it is a completely different playstyle can bring alot of flavour to Frost if functions well.

Deleted
    That's adorable really. The last couple of pages he's been memeing about the spec and then class as a whole. I don't need to counter his "points" as you put it since he literally is just shit posting. He hasn't made any points. Didn't say what was low about our damage. He didn't offer a thought process on how to fix things. No he told us to reroll. I'm not the one making the thread toxic as I'm not telling people to reroll. I'm not in here memeing about the spec. I've been advocating for buffs since beta. Been saying that Obliterate needs a component that causes it to scale with mastery. I've been saying that Killing Machine needs a mechanic that scales with crit somehow so the stat doesn't devalue itself when you gather too much of it. I'm sick of this class being a meme to certain people who like to show up and crack jokes. We're in here discussing the spec, discussing what is optimal and what is not, and trying to find out what we can suggest to Blizzard to make the spec as a whole better. If you want to contribute to that then go ahead. If not, then stop posting here.
    As a top 100 raider i disagree with that very basic unoriginal opinion.

i have one ally and one horde DK, played mostly frost, only DS'd into blood for rare tanking. i quit both my DKs, not going to dump and roll into UH spec at this point. moving on with a DH and priest

frost got robbed seriously hard, started in WOD squish and drastic in Legion expac.

lost healing reduction attack, soul reaper, was nerfed in WOD to no longer reduce healing, nerfed later in damage, ganked in legion

lost army of the dead, was nerfed damage wise in WOD, then ganked in legion

lost one spell interrupt

lost temp pet in WOD, which did a gnaw stun interupt and could also taunt

lost 2 presences, blizz was asked about survival, and questing when it came to blood presence being ganked, supposedly we were getting something that would replace it....nothing

lost many single target ranged attacks, on a PVP server it's especially tough in areas when you use howling blast on a mob and attack other factions then get ganked. also when in the same area with other factions, it's hard to run up on a quest mob to get a melee attack in and get trounced from AOE from opposing faction

lost key attacks that healed, now have to wait for heal attack to proc ready

lost 2 key abilities to help expose ferals, rogues, and guardian druid w/feral affinity

i currently have frost and blood artifact weapon, and i found out if a tank a dungeon any AP earned counts towards tanking weapon, and can't be used in main spec weapon. trying to bring up two art wpns makes a single player = two players worth of work.

was used to being able to go 1 vs 1 against many classes MOP and prior, now i feel like a free kill. i have to stay with a group and basicly get carried.

As a top 100 raider i disagree with that very basic unoriginal opinion.
    Coming in this thread and telling people to reroll for what? How many in this thread do you believe are competing for top 100?
    And even then, they already know what to play, they don't need your advice.

Tell me one thing, are you spamming other threads too? Are you spamming all low output specs or is just the frost spec you hate that much.

Now do us a favor and go back to your cave.

ty.

Deleted
    Can you stop pretending like you all compete for top 100 please, we all know its a lie just to pretend like your argument matters more. 98% of wow players are LFR level of casual, in these forums everyone pretends to compete for mythic with terrible FOTM oriented guilds

This is just a "buff my class like DH please" thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post

whahaha like 10% increase movement speed means shit for pvp. When you are perma slowed, 10% or 30% extra speed makes no difference. You all complain about death advance, but that never made DK mobile,ever at all. You sound like warlocks suddenly realizing they are not a mobile class and requesting to be like demon hunters. Every class wants to be monk/DH level of stupidity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    Yeah because that dude was so constructive with "broken class,reroll" right? You are so biased its painful.

Frost DK needs buffs?Absolutely. Crying that the spec is dead and we should all reroll to DH makes me want to punch these people in the face