Deleted

How to pick items as Outlaw

HI
    From Stjern's guide:

* The stat prio will change a lot, depending on the amount of your secondary stats. You don’t want to get too much of stat A, as then stat B will outshine it. Sim your character to see upgrades!

So I have now 2-3 items with same ileevel in 4-5 slots. How can I pick optimal combiantion? Calculating sims will be like ~75 gear combos,

Thx for help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adasiek View Post
    HI
    From Stjern's guide:

* The stat prio will change a lot, depending on the amount of your secondary stats. You don’t want to get too much of stat A, as then stat B will outshine it. Sim your character to see upgrades!

So I have now 2-3 items with same ileevel in 4-5 slots. How can I pick optimal combiantion? Calculating sims will be like ~75 gear combos,

Thx for help
    I would start with the stats it says are best then try swapping on to worse stats and see if they go up or down. You should technically be able to experiment with only one slot to find out if it is worthwhile to swap around EVERY slot. You could also try starting from a point of only having a bit more of each stat, most being at Vers obviously. then again swap out a couple times to see how close you are.

I believe askmrrobot also has some functionality to compare gear that may be helpful but have not used it.

Deleted
    Stjerns Guide: Agility > Versatility > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    Icy Veins/MrRobot: Agility > Versatility > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    Noxxic: Agility > Versatility > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Which to trust?

Which to trust?
    none of them
    since as people have said before your stat values fluctuate based on how many of each you have
    versatility is #1 but the other 3 you need a healthy balance of

I've recently been running simcraft every time I get new gear and while Versatility is always # 1 the other three shuffle around. There is never more than a 1.5 dps/point difference between versatility and the lowest though. For instance, right now with my gear Versatilty is at 6.09 dps/point while haste (the lowest) is 4.91 dps/point. Basically what this means for me is I take whatever has the highest iLvl. If I get too stat heavy with one I'll adjust, but for now there isn't much of a difference between them.

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    I've recently been running simcraft every time I get new gear and while Versatility is always # 1 the other three shuffle around. There is never more than a 1.5 dps/point difference between versatility and the lowest though. For instance, right now with my gear Versatilty is at 6.09 dps/point while haste (the lowest) is 4.91 dps/point. Basically what this means for me is I take whatever has the highest iLvl. If I get too stat heavy with one I'll adjust, but for now there isn't much of a difference between them.
    Hey i just got simcraft, where I can I find the values of my stats like you posted? Is it in the results tab?

Can't find that info anywhere.
    Last edited by mmoc958ff93293; 2016-09-14 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellow View Post
    Hey i just got simcraft, where I can I find the values of my stats like you posted? Is it in the results tab?

Can't find that info anywhere.
    Go to Options > Scaling. Enable scaling and check the boxes you care about. Then rerun simcraft and it will give you stat weights. Make sure you're running it off of your gear. If you get the SimulationCraft addon and type /simc in game it will give you a string that you can c&p into the simulate tab.

Deleted
    Ah thank you very much,

I'm getting
    Agi Wdps Vers Crit Haste Mastery WOHdps
    11.28 10.34 6.90 6.54 6.25 5.91 4.58
    Agi ~= Wdps > Vers ~= Crit ~= Haste ~= Mastery ~= WOHdps

and 305,039 dps single target

I guess I'm pretty balanced stat wise?

When I do Shadowcraft it shows mastery, when I do simcraft, it comes up with agi > versa > crit. Very strange.

Which to trust?
    With Alacrity the value of Haste goes down considerably. Without Alacrity you can really feel the lack of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiorda View Post
    With Alacrity the value of Haste goes down considerably. Without Alacrity you can really feel the lack of haste.
    My shadowcraft says cannonball barrage is better than alacrity =\

From what i've tested for myself Agi->Vers->Crit->Mastery->Haste Reason I don't use haste is because I will get 20% from alacrity.
    I use mark of varothen. So imo it's pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    Do you have a lot of haste on your gear?

It baffles me that people still look at noxxic

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Do you have a lot of haste on your gear?

It baffles me that people still look at noxxic
    I have just shy of 16% haste total, vigor is simming higher for me too because of that I would assume.

I'm going for:
    Agi > Vers > Crit > other things

I think that differences between haster/mastery are not really even worth to sim, it's waste of time for ~2k DPS differences at max pre-raid. But that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    They tuned it to newest patch? Asking because I didn't hear anything about that.

I keep seeing versatility as the top stat, but I rarely get drops with verse on it. Is the drop chance lower for verse gear? I'm not the only one in my guild that's noticed.

Has anyone tried using best in bag on AMR? Is it close to accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekerdud View Post
    I keep seeing versatility as the top stat, but I rarely get drops with verse on it. Is the drop chance lower for verse gear? I'm not the only one in my guild that's noticed.
    PvP gear has tons of Versatility on it. Since PvP gear = PvE gear it's a good place to get some. Although doing PvP isn't everyones cup of tea. I've gotten a few good 840+ Versatility pieces from the Warden Tower world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    PvP gear has tons of Versatility on it. Since PvP gear = PvE gear it's a good place to get some. Although doing PvP isn't everyones cup of tea. I've gotten a few good 840+ Versatility pieces from the Warden Tower world quests.
    I'm fine with doing PvP if that's the route I have to go. In fact, Outlaw PvP is pretty fun in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm going for:
    Agi > Vers > Crit > other things

I think that differences between haster/mastery are not really even worth to sim, it's waste of time for ~2k DPS differences at max pre-raid. But that's my opinion.

They tuned it to newest patch? Asking because I didn't hear anything about that.
    Not sure tbh, but the stats it gets from my character are blatantly wrong, for example it has my crit at 5248, where as in game i have 6002, versatility at 1886, but in game I have 2866, and it's like that for all the stats.