Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That's sad - questing is one of the areas that seems to have taken constant steps forward and never really faltered.

If he's even remotely as responsible as his title suggests, those are big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah... This bloke wasn't a world designer. He designed the "kill 10 wolves" and "collect 10 bear spleens" -quests. That's the extent of his design.

Also, he looks young enough to get a starter position at any firm and still make a 50 year career out of it.

Also also, never heard of him.
    Yeah this is pretty much correct.

Lead quest designer is completely different from lead world designer. Don't get those two confused. He designed quests that asked us to go pick up some bear shit in the forest and all the stuff like it.

10+ years of a job like that and I'd be burned out too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    It's enough to drive you to dye your hair fluorescent purple!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Bashiok, Crithto, Metzen, Amai. The list goes on and on actually. A lot of people have been leaving that have been with the company for a very long time and it's rather surprising.
    No it isn't. Considering chris Metzen has worked there for 20+ years (started when he was 20 and he's in his 40s now) it makes perfect sense to do something else even though he's actually retiring.

Most of the people that left are Blues, and that is completely expected. Chris and Amai both worked 10+ years in the same place and the average time people stay at 1 job is for 4.4 years so they've definitely spent plenty of time there and then some. Not only that but Metzen hasn't even worked on WoW since OW aside from voice overs. Please stop making it sound like something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah this is pretty much correct.

Lead quest designer is completely different from lead world designer. Don't get those two confused. He designed quests that asked us to go pick up some bear shit in the forest and all the stuff like it.

You two didnt read his post. His most recent job in the company, what he wanted to go out on, was head of the team that designed the Artifacts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

How the mighty fall.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by xact4 View Post
    You two didnt read his post. His most recent job in the company, what he wanted to go out on, was head of the team that designed the Artifacts.
    By that does he mean Art design, balance design, or talent design? That's pretty vague

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's enough to drive you to dye your hair fluorescent purple!
    Lol that explains it. I guess now we know what drives people to do such scary things.

Deleted
    I managed 8 years at my previous job, I left 2 months ago as I was starting to lose my shit there despite the job itself not being bad at all. So I can totally see the reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ghostcrawler, Bashiok, Crithto, Metzen, Amai. The list goes on and on actually. A lot of people have been leaving that have been with the company for a very long time and it's rather surprising.
    how dare people not do the same job for 50 years straight, you better not be playing any other games just the same one for 50 year straight, change and new things would be horrible =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Working on a MMO for 10 years and so is probably not the easiest job. As I say, better he leave before his talents get wasted. Sure it's sad to see him go but this stuff happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

His hair looks more awful than Lore's. That shit ain't cute and its not fabulous either.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Maybe he had to go on a mystical quest to find a new stylist that wouldn't make him look like a retarded troll doll.
    This is probably why.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    Absolutely relatable reasons for moving on. Hope he has a great time with the freedom to explore all the ideas he couldn't under the weight of his role at Blizzard.

He explains it in a decent amount of detail in the blog post.
    Yep. Worth reading. He went from creative, to management, and it sounds like management doesnt sit well with him, which I relate to - running a team is extremely rewarding, but it sucks the life out of you, being creative gets really hard.

Best of luck to him - I won't experience the Artifacts, but I know I played a lot of his quests. There's a lot of GREAT quests in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Maybe he had to go on a mystical quest to find a new stylist that wouldn't make him look like a retarded troll doll.

Okay two things:

1) That was mean.

2) I belly laughed... and now I feel dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Okay two things:

1) That was mean.

2) I belly laughed... and now I feel dirty.
    Why? His hair looks dumb as hell.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    The questing in Legion and Warlords was pretty lackluster. Maybe some new guy can improve that aspect.

Well Legion is the last xpack isn't? Legacy WoW is next
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Best'a luck, Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    The questing in Legion and Warlords was pretty lackluster. Maybe some new guy can improve that aspect.
    I don't even have context for whatever world you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Two people is everyone? lol.
    Guess you missed all the other people leaving blizzard over the past few months. Good job trying to make someone look like an idiot when you don't know anything about what is being talked about.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Guess you missed all the other people leaving blizzard over the past few months. Good job trying to make someone look like an idiot when you don't know anything about what is being talked about.
    Years. Past few years.