Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question No way to salvage anything from Withered Training after DC?

Got disconnected during my best run ever. Not saying it was great really, lol, but it was progress for me. Came back in the graveyard, which I'd heard would happen, but still thought I'd be able to get credit for the score and chests I had already secured. Guess maybe 'secured' is the wrong word. I got no where to turn in, no where to collect, no where to start over (other than waiting 3 days).

I love Suramar and enjoy these sessions, but this one aspect is something Blizz should work on. I logged back as fast as I could. We don't even get kicked from other instances that fast.
    '

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Nope. It's to prevent people from abusing it to reset when they've failed. A better solution probably would be to have it at least give you the items you already looted as a consolation prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Nope. It's to prevent people from abusing it to reset when they've failed. A better solution probably would be to have it at least give you the items you already looted as a consolation prize.
    Ya think? I could live with that. At least I'd have the chests I looted and a bit of rep and AP for my trouble.

How much fun is it gonna be farming 2000 mana, when every bit I farm just reminds me of the 2000 that went to waste?

I play on Stormrage-US and the server has crashed three fucking times while I've been doing my Withered Training now. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. It sucks.

In a week or two you'll just have all the chests anyhow and be bored off your ass doing it for the killscore and rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    How much fun is it gonna be farming 2000 mana, when every bit I farm just reminds me of the 2000 that went to waste?
    Farming 2000 mana takes less than 30 minutes at the vineyards.

But yeah, I agree; I too got D/C'd near the end and kicked from the instance. Fucking annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    In a week or two you'll just have all the chests anyhow and be bored off your ass doing it for the killscore and rep.
    Wait, do the large chests permanently apply their effects to all future runs? Or just the current one?

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Wait, do the large chests permanently apply their effects to all future runs? Or just the current one?
    All the buffs apply permanent, also the chests are always the same, they just disapear for ever once looted.
    very good post for the Withered Training

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    All the buffs apply permanent, also the chests are always the same, they just disapear for ever once looted.
    Well fuck. The past two times I did Withered Training, I didn't touch any of the chests (even the small ones) because one of the guides mentioned how you need to sacrifice withered to open them.

It's not that big of a deal. I've already fully cleared the place with full upgrades after only a couple runs. As long as you do your suramar crap and get 2k ancient mana and go in with 20 dudes, the whole thing is cake.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Well fuck. The past two times I did Withered Training, I didn't touch any of the chests (even the small ones) because one of the guides mentioned how you need to sacrifice withered to open them.
    You collect and use withered to murder the place first. Then you go back and get all the chests.

The chests apply permanent buffs to your buddies that makes it easier next time, and allow some extra things to show up. Repeat. Get rep. Be bored after a couple of times but do it for rep anyhow. That's how it goes. Blowing a lockout sucks, admittedly, but you won't even remember it a month or two from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    That is a good thread - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    ... thats rubbish mate. In EU servers crash here and there. So they are telling me if the server crashes I'll just lose it completely because ? ... Blizzards support has been bad... same as the issue with the legendaries (oh hey yes unfortunatelly we had a bug and players got 2-3 legendaries but its alright we fixed it, and we won't be taking them away, doesn't matter if the rest will have 2 legendaries in 5 months rly its fine....)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I play on Stormrage-US and the server has crashed three fucking times while I've been doing my Withered Training now. And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. It sucks.
    The EU servers are in quite a bad shape right now, too. I lost my run 2 days ago. Today, there already were 3 server crashes since daily reset, with even some rollbacks and lost progress. E.g. I made all Kirin Tor world quests for the emissary, but lost 2/4 when the servers have gone down. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming 2000 mana takes less than 30 minutes at the vineyards.
    Just was there and I don't know what to farm there because i didn't see anything

i had once dropped a scroll of townportal in the scenario, and was like cool, i got a new area to farm , and used it. I had a sad face and couldnt loot my 500+points run and stood at the end of the world

I got DC'd after reaching the end and clearing the entire place with a huge army, was on my way back to pick up chests and looks like I managed to find one of those magic spots that if you disengage you get instant DC'd... I log back within seconds just to find my self out of the scenario, lost everything, including a couple chests I already had picked on my way back. Opened a ticket and GMs say there is nothing they can do. For sure this is to protect from people DCing on bad runs, but holy shit thats annoying as fuck, especially if that make you miss the 8k rep and loose an entire week of the new mythic dungeon's lockout.

On a side note, a buddy of mine DC'd similarly (blinking) but he hadn't finished the scenario yet (i.e. reaching the end, getting the message from last guy) and he was able to port back in. Honestly, its a shit design when I game can't account for DCs, especially when it costs you 2k mana to get into it. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they can come to some sort of fix to at least give you what you're owed up to the point that you DC'd. I DC at least twice a day out of no where and I would rage so hard if that happened during the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Just was there and I don't know what to farm there because i didn't see anything
    You sure you were in the right place? It's the area where you do the wine-making quest. You just run around the whole area looting Twice-Fortified Arcwine and Leypetal Blossom. Each of the Arcwines will give you 100-150 mana, and the Leypetals will give around 40-80. Seriously, no exaggeration, I farmed 2000 mana there in about 25 minutes.

You sure you were in the right place? It's the area where you do the wine-making quest. You just run around the whole area looting Twice-Fortified Arcwine and Leypetal Blossom. Each of the Arcwines will give you 100-150 mana, and the Leypetals will give around 40-80. Seriously, no exaggeration, I farmed 2000 mana there in about 25 minutes.
    Try doing it on a high pop server. Takes far longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Try doing it on a high pop server. Takes far longer.
    /shrug

Even when there's like 5-6 other people around, I don't have any trouble farming. From what I can tell, as soon as you loot one, another spawns somewhere else.