Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    I think it works fine. Yeah, flash heal isn't some emergency heal which immediately takes a tank out of a crisis any more, but that's not really the point either, the point of flash heal is that you can boost your HPS and get your HW:Serenity up faster, at the cost of mana.

My bigger issue with holy priest healing is that big aoe damage can be hard to handle in my experience. If your tank goes low, you can't stop spamming flash heal and Serenity on him, so there's zero time to cast Prayer of Healing, even if you're lucky enough to be in a position where the prayer will actually heal everyone. It also feels to me like Divine Hymn isn't as strong anymore, I wouldn't dare use it if my whole party suddenly was taken low and I felt the need to get everyone up quickly, the risk that the tank dies while you're hymning is too high.
    Use Light of Tu'ure on the tank, then D Hymn. The combination of +% healing will top off your tank too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    Use Light of Tu'ure on the tank, then D Hymn. The combination of +% healing will top off your tank too.
    implying anyone goes the path towards light of t'uure lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    implying anyone goes the path towards light of t'uure lmao
    As opposed to what? Improving literally the last spell you ever choose to cast in renew?

As opposed to what? Improving literally the last spell you ever choose to cast in renew?
    the optimal path is going to blessing of t'uure, then going for the DH trait (which should be 17, after which you probably want to get the serenity / light of t'uure traits).

yes the renew trait is bad, but everything else is A++++++

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the optimal path is going to blessing of t'uure, then going for the DH trait (which should be 17, after which you probably want to get the serenity / light of t'uure traits).

yes the renew trait is bad, but everything else is A++++++
    Is that from that abomination of a path on IV that leaves out Improved PoH and Guardians of the Light for near last? Blessing of Tu'ure hardly even functions. It's not even an RPPM, just a chance on chance. For that you give up Light of Tu'ure, Serenity Now, and Improved PoH.

It's a lot like our 100 talents: For a lot of people it doesn't much matter, but for the ones who are struggling to heal, the tools are there. They're just over on the bottom left.

Holy seems fine to me. Don't know how it stacks up against other healing classes atm but in 5 mans I'm not having a problem. Seems to have all the tools you could ever need for every situation.

im so glad i didnt listen to people about the optimal path. Light of T'uure is the best trait we have. People went the other way to have be best raid healing asap are having a hard time keeping tanks alive in 5 mans mythics.
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2016-09-10 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    im so glad i didnt listen to people about the optimal path. Light of T'uure is the best trait we have. People went the other way to have be best raid healing asap are having a hard time keeping tanks alive in 5 mans mythics.
    I'm not.

/10char

Is that from that abomination of a path on IV that leaves out Improved PoH and Guardians of the Light for near last? Blessing of Tu'ure hardly even functions. It's not even an RPPM, just a chance on chance. For that you give up Light of Tu'ure, Serenity Now, and Improved PoH.

It's a lot like our 100 talents: For a lot of people it doesn't much matter, but for the ones who are struggling to heal, the tools are there. They're just over on the bottom left.
    Saying that that path is an abomination is a bit of an exaggeration. I think when people look at that right side they are looking at it for more help in a raid environment. Having 20% heal proc throughout your raid encounter (even randomly) is nothing to scoff at. If you are casting prayer of healing then sanctuary is on cd, so having Power of the Naaru more than compensates for the late pick up of holy guidance.

That being said, I ran left side during beta and I enjoyed it for 5 man so I see where you are coming from. I would only want to add that as people run heroics/mythics their crit % is going to get up there around 25-28% so the need for 15% extra serenity diminishes just a bit. My personal experience now running mythics at a high ivl is there are no issues with serenity topping people off. I feel more comfortable personally getting points into other stuff that would help with aoe healing for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I'm not.

/10char
    Just you then.
    I'm finding Light of T'uure very helpful, going to be nice to pair that with Blessing of T'uure.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Just you then.
    I'm finding Light of T'uure very helpful, going to be nice to pair that with Blessing of T'uure.

I'm not either.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    I'm not either.
    Same. I have a hard time believing any holy priest would have trouble keeping tanks alive in mythics, regardless of what artifact talents they have. If you can't keep a tank up without Light of T'uure you're probably way undergeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

If you have a hard time to keep tanks alive in Mythics either you, the tank or your gear is doing something wrong. If you do Mythics at ilvl 800 and think things are hitting hard then you're correct, but when I did Mythics the day after they were released I was already at 820 which honestly makes Mythics feel like Heroics did at 800. In other words, easy.

Disc is strong af atm. You people need to l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreSick View Post
    Disc is strong af atm. You people need to l2p.

Wrong thread?

I'm having 0 issues keeping tanks up in mythics without Light of T'uure. If the tank was shit and/or undergeared, yes then he'd take tons of damage. But that's not my fault, that's the tank's fault.

I've been doing fine as holy in 5-man. lvl100 talent Apothesis can help a lot. It's a really good cooldown. Three flash heals between every holy word: serenity instead of 7-8 flash heals make a big difference. I also like the lvl 60 talent Guardian Angel. 40% healing increase on target for 10 seconds on a 90 second cooldown can be helpful keeping the tank up. Light of the Naaru is a good talent aswell but if your struggle is keeping tank up in 5-man Guardian Angel might help.

Some mythic is difficult to heal. I struggled a lot on Anub'esset in a run. Did it with a protection paladin with 2,1M HP and the mandible strike hit for 2,00M while he also got a poison doing 45K every two seconds. In that situation it doesn't matter what I do. When we run out of mitigation cooldowns he's going to die. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I'm having 0 issues keeping tanks up in mythics without Light of T'uure. If the tank was shit and/or undergeared, yes then he'd take tons of damage. But that's not my fault, that's the tank's fault.
    I don't get this line of thinking. You make it sound like it's ok that you don't have this amazing power because you're powerful enough to not need it. That's like the guy who doesn't enchant his gear and says 'I'm just good enough to not need them'.

I'm not even judging which path is better here, I'm just saying this is a really bad logic to explain why you didn't go with Light of t'uure. You're not at all arguing that one path is better than the other, you're just saying your too geared to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Haster View Post
    I don't get this line of thinking. You make it sound like it's ok that you don't have this amazing power because you're powerful enough to not need it. That's like the guy who doesn't enchant his gear and says 'I'm just good enough to not need them'.

I'm not even judging which path is better here, I'm just saying this is a really bad logic to explain why you didn't go with Light of t'uure. You're not at all arguing that one path is better than the other, you're just saying your too geared to care.
    You need to realize that the success of healing is not 100% reliant on the healer. If the tank is shit and/or shit geared, you're going to have trouble healing him no matter what. This isn't vanilla/BC where tanks have 0 defensives and just sit there holding threat. Tanks are based around active mitigation and/or self healing.

Tank survival is more of a 50-50 now. The tank uses his active mitigation and damage absorption/healing abilities, and the healer uses his heals.

If you are going full ham spamming the tank and still can't keep him up, that's not your fault, that's the tank's fault, either underskilled or undergeared. Gold artifact traits are not necessary for healing, they're just bonuses.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-17 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haster View Post

It's not so much about proving which path is better as it is proving that this stupid comment:

Is complete BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game