Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The Effect was basically a a copy past effect of the Ghost wolf glyph that was removed, which was never faster than an Epic Mount.
    That Glyph didn't stop working in combat though, as long as you did not cancel GW. That's the most annoying part of the nerf for me. I even admit that 230% was too much, i'm fine with 200%. But getting slowed in Combat makes it quite useless to me now.

I hope they put the glyph back eventually, but the difficulty is that it would be exclusive with the glyph that makes the appearance nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Pretty sure this change was well underway before anyone complained about it.
    Obviously it wasn't or it would have been that way during the first wave of hotfixes. This was definitely due to people whining about it being the best follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I hope they put the glyph back eventually, but the difficulty is that it would be exclusive with the glyph that makes the appearance nicer
    They are too busy making sure PvP Victories reward a single Rejuv Potion to care about updating Raptor Appearence or Ghostwolf Speed or Appearence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzeee View Post
    That Glyph didn't stop working in combat though, as long as you did not cancel GW. That's the most annoying part of the nerf for me. I even admit that 230% was too much, i'm fine with 200%. But getting slowed in Combat makes it quite useless to me now.
    Are you sure? I'm almost positive I was slowed even with the glyph and Ghostwolf when entering combat. Even if it didn't, it didn't work indoors, consider it a fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    They are too busy making sure PvP Victories reward a single Rejuv Potion to care about updating Raptor Appearence or Ghostwolf Speed or Appearence.
    Oh the default wolf appearance does use the right model, I just like the glyphed colour better. And the glyph does at least exist!
    Mystery to me why the raptor glyph uses the old model when they have a newer one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, it bothers you THAT much to be alliance and have an orc body guard?

That is... psychologically interesting, I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzeee View Post
    As far as i know, it should still work in Combat.

Obviously it wasn't or it would have been that way during the first wave of hotfixes. This was definitely due to people whining about it being the best follower.
    Yet they also fixed the glyph in WoD when it was working indoors, saw no complaints there. (before hand at least)

The effect was bugged, because instead of giving you a 100% Ghostwolf, it gave you 100% Speed + the Original 30%, it was never supposed to work this way.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-15 at 10:45 PM.

Yet they also fixed the glyph in WoD when it was working indoors, saw no complaints there.

The effect was bugged, because instead of giving you a 100% Ghostwolf, it gave you 100% Speed + the Original 30%, it was never supposed to work this way.
    It isn't working in combat one. Two, they nerfed it in WoD because of bitching.

Deleted
    As soon as you get hit, you get reduced to the vanilla 130%. So, technically, yes, it still works in combat.
    Which actually makes it worse than a mount. As a combat ally. Totally worth the slot!
    Last edited by mmoc0bcce65a09; 2016-09-15 at 10:46 PM.

Guess I'm switching back to Hydraxis. I could understand them tuning it down to be the same as mount speed but making Rehgar stop working if you get nicked by a mob makes it entirely pointless.

eh thanks crybabies, why are you so damn vocal i swear

10+ Year Old Account
    This was basically the only thing that made me not care about flying.. Whelp, gotta knuckle down and get pathfinder ready.

I have never actually been more ashamed of someone playing my class. For the first time since arguably Vanilla WoW we got something good and you threw it away because you don't like an orc following you. I have choice words I really want to use but don't want an infraction right now. Seriously. Not. Cool.
    Thanks, as you can see my argument was superior since Blizzard agreed with my point of view, though I actually doubt that they saw my thread and went "wow this guy is so right, let's go and nerf Reghar" and rather just came to the same conclusion as me, that it's stupid to have one follower totally outshine all others.

In other words, I'm happy with this change, finally I won't feel forced to run with Rehgar all the time. And with arguments akin to "For the first time since vanilla we get something good" you just make yourself look like an agry child, so that's probably why you couldn't see that Rehgar needed to be nerfed.

And yes, I'm gloating.

I mean, they didn't make Rehgar equal in power to the other bodyguards. They made Rehgar a downright embarrassing choice next to the powerful heals you get out of Nobundo and Hydraxis. You were already making a trade between convenience and combat potency, now that the convenience you get is barely above 0 there is no trade involved.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Thanks, as you can see my argument was superior since Blizzard agreed with my point of view, though I actually doubt that they saw my thread and went "wow this guy is so right, let's go and nerf Reghar" and rather just came to the same conclusion as me, that it's stupid to have one follower totally outshine all others.
    He doesn't and didn't. He barely outshined Nobundo and Hydraxis. It was a trade off for speed as the kind gentlemen above said. You would know that if you were half decent at the game.

In other words, I'm happy with this change, finally I won't feel forced to run with Rehgar all the time.
    I am glad I will never be and have never been so petty that I wanted a thing nerfed because of a race the character was.

And with arguments akin to "For the first time since vanilla we get something good" you just make yourself look like an agry child, so that's probably why you couldn't see that Rehgar needed to be nerfed.
    First off, its angry. Second, if you played Shaman for very long you would understand that. We have been taking abuse after abuse since Vanilla, I have put up with it, as have many others, because we like the fantasy, to kick the fantasy in the face because you dislike a follower, or in Blizzard's more obvious stance, because we were better than Paladins and Druids at running in the open world, is what makes people appear like children. I admit I used hyberbole when I said the shit about Vanilla, but quite a few players feel the same.

And yes, I'm gloating.
    Something else children like to do.

He doesn't and didn't. He barely outshined Nobundo and Hydraxis. It was a trade off for speed as the kind gentlemen above said. You would know that if you were half decent at the game.
    That's what you think, and since even game designers agreed he was too strong, you are plain wrong.

I am glad I will never be and have never been so petty that I wanted a thing nerfed because of a race the character was.
    Well you missed the point of this thread if you actually think that's the only reason why I wanted Rehgar to be nerfed.

First off, its angry. Second, if you played Shaman for very long you would understand that. We have been taking abuse after abuse since Vanilla, I have put up with it, as have many others, because we like the fantasy, to kick the fantasy in the face because you dislike a follower, or in Blizzard's more obvious stance, because we were better than Paladins and Druids at running in the open world, is what makes people appear like children. I admit I used hyberbole when I said the shit about Vanilla, but quite a few players feel the same.
    Yeah except it wasn't only about running faster but multitude of reasons that I mentioned in the OP.

And calling someone petty and then pointing out a simple typo is hilarious, I think you should chill and think about yourself for a minute.

congratulations on your first steps on the path to becoming the most hated shaman player on these forums!

That's what you think, and since even game designers agreed he was too strong, you are plain wrong.
    They actually didn't, they said it wasn't intended even though it was as it said so in the tooltip.

Well you missed the point of this thread if you actually think that's the only reason why I wanted Rehgar to be nerfed.
    You brought up his damage being high, which was never true, even in Alpha. You brought up his race being an Orc and you not liking being stuck with him forever. You brought up his Run Speed, which was a Glyph we basically had already in WoD that was nerfed then too after massive whining from people like you. That was all you said. Since you keep making a point that Blizzard is on your side, they actually weren't considering all they touched was the Run Speed, they didn't touch the Indoor stuff, they didn't touch his "broken damage" they didn't touch his race. They touched his run speed bonus.

And calling someone petty and then pointing out a simple typo is hilarious, I think you should chill and think about yourself for a minute.
    I am perfectly chill, doing BGs and Heroics while I post about how stupid it is to dislike and declare nerfs be needin' made because of a race.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-09-16 at 12:39 AM.

My simple reaction to asking for nerfs for this....

and also hope your bloodline ends with you if you want this to be nerfed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Are you sure? I'm almost positive I was slowed even with the glyph and Ghostwolf when entering combat. Even if it didn't, it didn't work indoors, consider it a fair trade.
    It really feels as if you're just a slightly more subtle troll at this point. No, the glyph did NOT stop working when entering combat, Rehgar does. Which makes him virtually useless in almost all ways as you constantly enter combat. You are now better off using a regular mount and if dazed switching to ghostwolf. Which leaves us with ZERO viable followers.

While Paladins have one that stuns mobs (and players) for 10 seconds with almost no CD and increases damage taken by 100%. No Paladin is complaining about this. Neither are other classes about their followers unless they feel the followers are too weak.

Blizzard has been wrong in the past time and time again, aswell as admitted that at times they solely change things based on players feelings rather than viability. This has been said for both D3 and Hearthstone openly and is part of their design philosophy.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-16 at 12:46 AM.