Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You could always request for a Disc Priest if you're wanting the extra DPS.
    Discipline is the spec that can do the least amount of damage right now. Holy can do far more.
    The thing is, Discipline does it WHILE healing, so most people look at that as a trade off, and unfortunately Blizzard does too!
    They are the "master of none" epitome, truly. That's why so many people are hesitant to trust them undergeared.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I was playing DISC healing a dungeon the other day. The tank told me "Can you stop DPSing?"
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And what about unavoidable damage like Horn of Valor from the first boss in Halls of Valor? Are people just being "bad" in that situation, getting hit by unavoidable AoE damage?

I'm not sure what WoW you're playing where the tanks are self-sufficient and 100% of DPS damage taken is avoidable, and healers apparently do 200k dps.
    Huh? When did I ever say that 100 percent of damage taken is avoidable?
    Healers DO do 200k+ when fights are short. I'm only 845 and I'm already able to do so on 1 minute dungeon fights. Easily as well.

The point I have been trying to make is that you do not need to heal people up frantically when they take a small portion of their health. The mechanic you used as an example is a great one for my point as well! It does what, 25 percent of your health? The only other unavoidable damage to worry about is his next usage of that? What's the point of healing that when no one is going to die?
    You are worried about them making a mistake, and to that I say its their fault as much as it is yours.

There are ALWAYS globals free where no one needs to be healed, no matter how many mistakes the team makes. This isn't tbc where if people aren't topped off every few seconds they can get 1 shot by something.
    The game is balanced around larger healthpools so healers have to make decisions constantly. I'm here to tell you that the decision you need to make when fights are this short is to make them even shorter.
    You have no idea how important it is to turn every boss into an encounter that is 20-30 seconds shorter than if you just stood there and healed people who are in no danger of dying.

But ya, tanks can be self sufficient in that short of time too. The tank is the role you should have to heal the least during bosses. You are going to be going into them with all your CDs up most of the time anyway, so what's the point in spam healing him so he just sits there and doesn't use his abilities?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    I was playing DISC healing a dungeon the other day. The tank told me "Can you stop DPSing?"
    lol ya surely if healers are as confused as you see in this thread, then tanks will be too. The game's community has a lot to learn as a whole. I just hope these small redirections in focus for tanks and healers can get adopted quickly before it segregates people so heavily like it did with CMs.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way my healer is getting paid is if she's a girl and has nudes to send, then we can discuss about the payment.

I've actually experienced a healer asking me to pay them to join at first i thought he was kidding, he was like good luck finding a "Qualified healer with ilvl for free" and boom like 3mins later i find one and we go on to clear a couple of mythics with ease its a complete joke asking to be payed for a role within the holy-trinity absolutely outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Healing, HEALER. Unless you DPS are starting to heal aswell as tank while still maintaining your dps you really don't have a case here.
    There are many times I've tanked as a DPS when needed, until Blizzard removed that capability from me. On the other hand, they've said the intention in Legion is for healers to be able to do some DPS on the side while health pools are safe, so you'd be ignoring part of your capabilities, which I'm sure you'd get pissed off at DPS for if they, for example, refused to CC because it's not damage dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Blame Blizz for making healing dire s*it.

I fully understand why they want something extra for playing a healer.
    I go to therapy to talk about my healing woes:

Me: AND THEN THEY JUST, THEY JUST STOOD IN THE FIRE. I TOLD THEM TO RUN BUT THEY JUST SAID HEAL ME, THEN THEY DIED. OH GOD I LET THEM ALL DIE!!!

Therapist: It's not that you let them die, it's that they were dead inside and they were hoping you could save their souls from agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ähh no?

healers/tanks who do their "job" in a game only for cash should be banned for life.
    Why? if they are demanded by in the gameworld why shouldnt they charge? it also brings attention to the issue that dps still far outweigh healers and tanks, as DPS is by far the most popular role, perhaps dungeons should instead be designed for 6 players instead of 5?

I enjoy healing if it was such a chore I had to be payed to do it I would play another class/spec.

Deleted
    You get paid enough with runes of argumentation (or whatever that crap is called now)

7+ Year Old Account
    What is this none sense? I played Rogue for my Entire life, in the Talents patch of TBC I switched to Healer "Priest" (Played both)
    I was enjoying the change of dynamic that I don't have to spam SS and Dots With S&D to top meter, then I went on hiatus on 85/90 and came back to see the community went from fun to ill.

I now play druid healer, willing to Do mythics with low geared people and heal them even when I am saved, just because it is fun, challenging and exciting...

You level'd up a healer so you could enjoy the game, heal through difficulties and challenge yourself no matter what group you are in.. not to get payed to heal people, with a good tank and a good group you will be bored 70% of the time, I know that for a fact so stop whining for being a healer and do your job, which is to heal people through everything if they misstep then use cd's and put your feeble reactions to use, instead of /dance while the tank is at 90% hp.

I still play healer I've healed 9/9 mythic and they aren't that challenging at all, so if you ask me you're not enjoying the game at all. Healing can be challenging but the more you dive into the patches the worst you will become if that is your mentality about the game, stop using healbot and cry when people step in "Yellow piss" more often than not we healers step in things but we don't qq about it because we can heal ourself and when the boss does an AOE attack you whine about it.

I can't believe I created an account to lash at you fellow healers, just like dps/tank you have a job to do. which is to HEAL! whether they step in yellow shit or not, you HEAL!

End Rant.

i'm not shit so i can actually get healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tempted to turn my Feral into a Resto now...

...just so I can heal dungeons for free...

...just to spite this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Disc priest here, get on my level.
    This is part of the gameplay, ie still just as mindless.

the hell would i pay you for something you need to do anyway?

i can open the dungeon finder any time of day, including 4am, and find at LEAST 6 healers in queue, usually more.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Healing, HEALER. Unless you DPS are starting to heal aswell as tank while still maintaining your dps you really don't have a case here.
    You sound like a bad healer. /healer who doesn't bitch about DPS.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow I'm glad nobody on my server is as douchey as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You sound like a bad healer. /healer who doesn't bitch about DPS.
    Are you challenged when it comes to reading, because it appears to be the case. DPS are for the most part whining about both tanks and healers, there's zero reason to sympathize with them. Somehow not groveling before the DPS master race means one is bitching which somehow is directly related to being bad? Weird how none of this is related at all.

And no, you don't sound particularly convincing when it comes to being a healer much less a competent one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Point is, if this idea takes root, all of them will be looking to get paid.
    The answer is simple - don't pay and they will be stuck without mythic runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not too sure where you got that percentage from... regardless, this really isn't a fact - it's just your own personal experiences, followed by an assumption of others.
    It's not an actual percentage but it is what's been happening to me all the time, if it is a good grp, you will be bored. Stop trying to get gold for healing when it is what your class should do and Start healing because that is what your class does!