Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyButt View Post
    It will force the macro to go back to the start after 60 seconds of not being used.

Also, another macro I have been messing around with to make Fire even more lazy for me.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence Fireball
    /cast Living Bomb

This makes it so you will never miss/forget about reapplying Living Bomb if that is the talent you are using. Obviously this is for the lazy like me. So don't use it if you don't want to be lazy. I'm sure you will see better numbers from playing the spec manually.
    I hope you still have fireball keybound, because Living Bomb is a dps loss on one target. Unless you have a single target keybind and an "fireball cleave" macro keybind, there's not much benefit. And at that point you already are using two keybinds, so you might as well just leave Living Bomb on the second one and use a weakaura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    I think he means he likes how aside from the opener, the spec is reactive mostly, wait for a heating up and then make it a hot streak.
    It can be reactive on the burn with Pyromaniac.

Deleted
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=60 Fire Blast,Pyroblast,Fire Blast,Pyroblast,Flame On,Fire Blast,Pyroblast,Fire Blast,Pyroblast,Phoenix's Flames,Pyroblast,Phoenix's Flames,Pyroblast
    I try similar macro, but it's not ideal because you must always have 2 charges of Fire Blast when you cast Combustion. So i use this macro:

/castsequence reset=10 Flame On, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Fire Blast, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast, Phoenix's Flames, Pyroblast

Rotation:

Fireball (until Heating Up)
    Fire Blast (got Hot Streak)
    Rune of Power + Combustion
    Pyroblast
    Fire Blast
    Pyroblast
    If I have second charge Fire Blast available (because I don't use it to get Hot Strek) I cast it + another Pyroblast, then I start with castsequence macro:
    Flame On
    Fire Blast
    Pyroblast
    Fire Blast
    Pyroblast
    Phoenix's Flames
    Pyroblast
    Phoenix's Flames
    Pyroblast

Half I do manualy, half is in macro. I think it work pretty well

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    1) Pop Ice Floes
    2) Cast RoP
    3) @RoP cast Combustion
    5) cast phoenix + fireblast
    4) move (see fig.1)
    5) If RoP is on fire move to other side

fig.1

Or yes, often "random spells" have some sort of a cooldown, so, for the second, third, fourth, etc RoP you should wait for shit to be flinged somehwere before drawing rune on the ground
    I understand what you are trying to say and do but honestly, instead of making RoP mandatory and still on ground, they could have removed it or make it come with us. Instead, we are so damn dependant on tanks and boss ability's with our dps and burst combos. Trying to keep up with melee dps and tanks in mythic dungeons are pain in the butt if they just decide to "oh, f*** this mage and his rop, amma pull these adds away from the range of his RoP" or the tanks I specially like "Oh this mage put RoP near adds so he could DB adds when RoP ends, cool cool, leap and charge to next mobs dragging those mobs with him" Frost nova and DB on cd then your f**ked. Raids should be easier tho, Darkhearth thicket, Warden and the BRH mythic+ are gonna be awsome and you dont know all the cooldowns all the time, if your refering to the DBM or bigwigs ones then not all of us play with addons and if the spec requires you to play with addons to min/max then it should be changed and they always have changed that. Dont get me wrong, I do understand how to play with RoP and I only get max 10% bad RoP's in dungs but it doesnt change the fact that I truly hate this god damn talent, Evo one was bad enough but even that was better than this error blizzard created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say and do but honestly, instead of making RoP mandatory and still on ground, they could have removed it or make it come with us. Instead, we are so damn dependant on tanks and boss ability's with our dps and burst combos. Trying to keep up with melee dps and tanks in mythic dungeons are pain in the butt if they just decide to "oh, f*** this mage and his rop, amma pull these adds away from the range of his RoP" or the tanks I specially like "Oh this mage put RoP near adds so he could DB adds when RoP ends, cool cool, leap and charge to next mobs dragging those mobs with him" Frost nova and DB on cd then your f**ked. Raids should be easier tho, Darkhearth thicket, Warden and the BRH mythic+ are gonna be awsome and you dont know all the cooldowns all the time, if your refering to the DBM or bigwigs ones then not all of us play with addons and if the spec requires you to play with addons to min/max then it should be changed and they always have changed that. Dont get me wrong, I do understand how to play with RoP and I only get max 10% bad RoP's in dungs but it doesnt change the fact that I truly hate this god damn talent, Evo one was bad enough but even that was better than this error blizzard created.
    Sounds to me the problem isn't RoP but the tanks you are running with. Tanks have tons of ways to screw us over if they REALLY wanted to (like dragging mobs out of LoS or whatever) but we all just kind of assume that people don't do that when making our theorycrafting decisions.

RoP's radius is quite large, its duration and cooldown are fairly short, and you should be able to predict the vast majority of things going on in fights - all that together makes RoP very easy to use overall.

addon

Quote Originally Posted by Dragzy View Post
    like everyone else has said RoP is just toooooo good for opening bursts even when out in the world most of the elites and the withered scenario just melt before combust is even finished. heres a short opener i just did and i downloaded the TrufiGCD addon so you could kinda get a feel of what im pressing. this by no means a brag video just wanted to show you the difference between not using RoP and using it. you might also wonder why i use phoenix flame first instead of fire blast, my felo'melorn is lvl 19 and i just got the phoenix reborn trait so im trying to test weather its worth using it first.
    -snip-

What addon are you using to display your rotation at the bottom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello,
    What UI is he using in his video?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcloud784 View Post
    What addon are you using to display your rotation at the bottom?
    TruifiGCD

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just falling off EXTREMELY hard.

Here is a video I tried to make of me on a target dummy. Maybe you expert Mages can see the flaws I have and help me improve. I saw 600K on my Skadda, but as you can see I just drop hard.

Also! I got tired of fucking up the combustion rotation, so I got lazy and made a cast sequence for it. I think it works hilariously well. Or maybe I'm better off not being lazy and doing it myself so I get used to it. lol

https://www.twitch.tv/musicalbard/v/87731279
    fine. there is something we call opening. that means how u have too start ur Rotation.
    first of all. just take this talent's for now.
    COF/FO/ROP/LB/CS

first of anything u need A heating up. something doing crit dmg.
    as far as im playing mage specially fire. that was the best way !

ROP > phonixflames > combustion > fire blast > pyro > fire blast > PYRO > FO > Fire blast > pyro Reactive the ROP > cinders > phonix flames > phonix flames > then follow the normal rotation Cast fireball untill a hotstrike use Fire blast if u have heating up > cast fireball and instantly use pyro ( both spells fireball and pyro should hit target at same time.

also there is a video about opening in youtube. check it .

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    No. I don't carry if it makes my DPS 50x Stronger I will NOT have that monstrosity tied to my spec again. It is far and away the least fun ability Blizzard EVER put in the game and the reason I stopped playing Arcane. Being a tunnel-visioned turret glued to one spot BLOWS.
    Admittedly it's not nearly as bad as it was but it's nowhere near as fun to use, nor does it have as much in-the-world utility as Mirror Image.
    I hate ROP as much as u do but in its current state its actually kinda fun to use, its like a short cd that helps burst, if u time it well it rewards u massively if not then its a waste of global and talent, it rewards good players definately

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    I hate ROP as much as u do but in its current state its actually kinda fun to use, its like a short cd that helps burst, if u time it well it rewards u massively if not then its a waste of global and talent, it rewards good players definately
    Yeah I tried it since, to make sure my rants were accurate and....

It's still bad design, a single talent with a flat 25% damage increase (50% extra damage with 50% up time), in a Talent tier with a variable 4-20% power increase and a 13% Damage increase. There's no real choice involved there, you take it or you flop. That's bad talent design in my mind.

BUT its new iteration is actually fun to play with and involves skill. You're more like Torbjorn's Molten Core than his Turret with it — you have to assess when skills will be used, what cooldowns you have and how much it will throw off your rotation to get your money's worth, instead of it being an anchor you toss down and are inconvenienced by when you move.

So I was kinda reactionary with my assessment (yeah only kinda, sure)
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.