Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luaco View Post
    How you could get increased chance for legendary (now fixed).

That bad luck protection system isn't active in game yet or wasn't supposed to be so you could run 1 or 1000 heroics/mythic dungeons and your 1000th had same chance to get legendary as 1st one, but it got activated for some reason if you got 1st legendary. You could trick this by going to old raid like Ulduar for example and loot fragment of val'anyr which caused this luck protection system to activate on your char (it only checked quality of item looted), so after looting one old legendary you would go speed farm dungeons. There is no way to blizzard detect players who just went to do old raids because they were bored and these who went to do to get better chance for legendary, so it was pretty safe to exploit.
    nonsense, went to Ulduar like 30min after reset (ICC first), looted 4 fragments and still have nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    how would taking them away be worse?

You are prolly one of the people that received 2 legendaries thats why.
    Because it punishes players that did nothing wrong.

Deleted
    They should give everyone that hasn't got a Legendary one from their next WQ so we're at least half caught up with all the lucky sods.

Should also show us the exact maths behind the drop chances from all the places we can get them, as they obviously can't be trusted and need their work checking....

Or even better remove all Lengendaries that have dropped and let everyone choose 1 new legendary the next time they log on.

10+ Year Old Account

That bad luck protection system isn't active in game yet or wasn't supposed to be so you could run 1 or 1000 heroics/mythic dungeons and your 1000th had same chance to get legendary as 1st one, but it got activated for some reason if you got 1st legendary. You could trick this by going to old raid like Ulduar for example and loot fragment of val'anyr which caused this luck protection system to activate on your char (it only checked quality of item looted), so after looting one old legendary you would go speed farm dungeons. There is no way to blizzard detect players who just went to do old raids because they were bored and these who went to do to get better chance for legendary, so it was pretty safe to exploit.
    LMFAO, such a troll. You have no idea what you're even talking about.

Grats on your first post btw.

You cant equip more than one, for quite a while so there is nothing lost if the second and third one was removed.

This is some serious bullshit. Knowing that all my work getting everything done every day have been a huge waste as some have had way higher % sucks balls.

shaman loot a legendary as part of their artifact quest...

nice trolling bruh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    You cant equip more than one, for quite a while so there is nothing lost if the second and third one was removed.
    Quite a while?

Only 28 days or something now.

because you're punishing players for simply getting lucky enough to get that first legendary. What you seem to be forgetting is that before they got their first legendary, they had the same shitty chance for a legendary to drop that everyone else did, but they got lucky and you didn't. Why should they (and I say "they" because I'm not a lucky bastard like them) be punished because of blizzard's mistake and their luckiness?

Deleted

Because the people that got 2 of them had no idea or influence over the chance that they would recieve another one. They were just lucky and the devs had a bug slip by. What would you do if you logged in and found there is no chest in your chest slot? And you sold or disenchanted your old one. It makes no differance currently as you can only equip one legendary and one player getting 5 legendaries has nothing to do with the other player not getting his.

I still have yet to get one. But I think they should have kept this bug as a feture. When you get your first legendary you will be happy and after that it's just fine tuning the effect and stats. Your 3rd or 4th legendary wouln't feel as special as the first one. You did your farming, they didn't just appear in your inventory.
    Last edited by mmoc4b3ffd5dd8; 2016-09-16 at 07:12 AM.

Deleted
    This is quite lol. Even better is the salty whinners on the official forum claiming that the sky is falling and that because some people got 2 legendaries (1 of which they cant even equip for a month) they will never get to raid. ** Priceless **

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by User007 View Post
    This is quite lol. Even better is the salty whinners on the official forum claiming that the sky is falling and that because some people got 2 legendaries (1 of which they cant even equip for a month) they will never get to raid. ** Priceless **
    There are plenty of shit Legs. Having 2+ legs means you have better odds to have the broken one instead of the shitty one so yeah, that's a problem.

How can someone try and spin this as a non-issue due to someone not being able to equip 2 legendaries at once is beyond me.
    I mean for crying out loud, every class has the BiS legendary, the second best, 2 'usable' ones and 4+ useless stat sticks. The more of them you loot, the higher the chance to get the BiS one (DUH).
    Do you understand now how this actually IS an issue, or do you need further explanation (like a drawing, or maybe have someone sing it for you if that's your thing) ?
    Last edited by arandan; 2016-09-16 at 07:32 AM.

This whole issue leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth.

I am by no means a programmer so im just speculating. The bug could be just a case of simply "<" instead of ">" but if they managed to screw that up, it's very possible that they messed up even worse and some people never actually, mathematically speaking, had an actual chance to get one.

It's that uncertainty that's giving me a funny feeling in my stomach.

I'm impressed that they owned up to it but they probably should have quietly fixed it because they just opened a giant can of very salty worms.
    Last edited by Shaktard; 2016-09-16 at 07:40 AM.

Simple solution. Let the system reroll for the 2nd item and thus have correct RNG/luck decide again. Some will keep it, many will lose it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I have none actually.

Are you suggesting Blizzard should take legendaries away from players? How would Blizzard know that someone got their 2nd because of the inflated rate and wouldn't have gotten it anyway due to luck?
    I would not want them to take things away from players, and I would also want them to replace a duplicate with another, randomly selected legendary.

But I really wish there would be some kind of bad luck protection on this, if you have shown dedication to some of the aspects of the game which can award a legendary. Like - done with all your world quests achievements (I quess there will be at least a 1000 step, because I have gained the 500 world quest step recently), or run 100 mythics, or whatever, which would increase your chance to get a legendary from this part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Simple solution. Let the system reroll for the 2nd item and thus have correct RNG/luck decide again. Some will keep it, many will lose it.
    rofl, that will only cause more outburst and won't satisfy those that "feel cheated" out of their first one.
    Nah, just increase the chance the first one will drop for those that haven't gotten one yet. That's the best thing they could do right now to calm everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    This whole issue leaves a bit of a funny taste in my mouth.

I am by no means a programmer so im just speculating. The bug could be just a case of simply "<" instead of ">" but if they managed to screw that up, it's very possible that they messed up even worse and some people never actually, mathematically speaking, had an actual chance to get one.

It's that uncertainty that's giving me a funny feeling in my stomach.

I'm impressed that they owned up to it but they probably should have quietly fixed it because they just opened a giant can of very salty worms.
    As a programmer myself my guess is:

1. The legendary drop might be capped. Even if your bad luck protection maxes out it might never reach 100%. Maybe 10%. People with multiple certainly did not reach 100% chance at least yet.

2. it could be that instead of substracting X points to the probability of finding the next legendary after finding one, they added X points to the probability of finding the next one. This means that people with 3 legendaries had a higher chance to find the 4th than people with. This would indicate that for example a legendary drop is worth "50 Karma points". If your bad luck streak ran up to 100 karma points before finding a legendary, findine one should put you back to 50 karma points instead of reseting the whole process to 0. Which means you could have a chance to catch up to people if they stop being lucky.

Something like this is my guess.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-16 at 07:54 AM.

How can someone be capped on their drop protection on an alt that hit 110 three days ago and loot 3 legendaries in 1 day, whereas someone who's been playing his/her main for 5+ hours daily since release have nothing?
    I'm not a programmer but I can use common sense, and to me it looks like the system is inverted, as in the more you play the less of a chance to loot a legendary you get. Simple.

Deleted
    Glad it's identified and fixed I'd say it's pretty fair just to allow the people to keep their legendary drops and just fix the bug, no need to make any compensation catchup mechanic as the original drop chance was unaffected.

Thanks for all of the civil people who took part in our discussion over at Reddit btw!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._drop_pattern/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    How can someone be capped on their drop protection on an alt that hit 110 three days ago and loot 3 legendaries in 1 day, whereas someone who's been playing his/her main for 5+ hours daily since release have nothing?
    I'm not a programmer but I can use common sense, and to me it looks like the system is inverted, as in the more you play the less of a chance to loot a legendary you get. Simple.
    Because lets saay initially everyone starts at 0 Karma points. And every time you COULD loot a Legendary these Karma Points are factored in calculating the drop chance of a legendary for you.

Now the bad luck streak protection means that you can collect Karma points and make it more and more likely to find a legendary.

Obviously once someone finds a legendary his Karma should be reduced so he does not keep the increased chance to find the next right after. It might even go so far to reduce your Karma Points to negative values, so you should not simply get super lucky twice in a row.

Now imagine a programmer mixed up + and - here. The result is that the guy who hit the jackpot despite having just 1 Karma point gets a legendary which might be worth 50 Karma and since the bug is there he ends up at 51 Karma instead of 0 Karma or even -49 Karma.

Lets say you got 1 Karma for each mythic and daily. The guy who got lucky might have 100 Karma total and you only have 50 Karma. He is twice as likely to find his 2nd legendary than you are to get your first.
    If he finds another his Karma would be at 150 and he would be three times as likely to get his next legendary.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-16 at 08:01 AM.