Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is using a mouse and keyboard adapter to get a competitive edge cheating?

Just read an article about the Xim4 and the soon to released TAC PRO:

http://on-winning.com/xim4-tac-pro-b...ouse-keyboard/

Do you think having a keyboard and mouse on the console is an unfair advantage or are you generally fine with playing the game with a controller.

Personally I would always prefer the mouse and keyboard combination.

What do you think?

If they allow it, it isn't cheating.

If you're using m/kb on a console, why not just play on pc?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

On PS4, if you're using the TAC which is an officially licensed product by Sony it's not cheating. If you're using the XIM4 or other products like it for the PS4 or XBone it could be considered cheating even if the result is basically the same as using the TAC.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're supported input devices, then all you're going to really end up getting into is "only peasants use controllers for FPS games" stuff on consoles, as well as PC. Controllers are great input devices, for SOME games. Shooters aren't one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a controller on PC so eh. Could not care less.

Imo, they shouldn't allow it. It'll cause too much imbalance and you'll soon start to see a trend where it's M+K or gtfo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    If you're using m/kb on a console, why not just play on pc?
    A nice PC is more expensive. I like to play on large screen while sitting in a recliner. I know that is possible on PC and plan to do it, but for now I am using an xbox. Surely others have their reasons.

I see no problem as long as it does not involve modding the system.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call it cheating perse but if too many people started doing it I could see it causing problems. Personally it seems kinda silly when you could just play it on a PC if you aren't comfortable with a controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    A nice PC is more expensive. I like to play on large screen while sitting in a recliner. I know that is possible on PC and plan to do it, but for now I am using an xbox. Surely others have their reasons.

I see no problem as long as it does not involve modding the system.
    A nice PC is more expensive, but it'll last you longer and it's cheaper in the long run. A system on par with a console really isn't that much more. You can still play on a large screen and in a recliner, I've never really understood that stance on consoles vs pc. But, to each their own.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an advantage, but as long as it's allowed I wouldn't say unfair. But I don't see the reason not to just get a PC at that point.

A nice PC is more expensive, but it'll last you longer and it's cheaper in the long run. A system on par with a console really isn't that much more. You can still play on a large screen and in a recliner, I've never really understood that stance on consoles vs pc. But, to each their own.
    I think it boils down to a console being easier to buy and maintain, since you just go down to the shop to buy one, instead of having to look into what to buy, getting someone to build it for you, and so on.

Not true.
    Can pick up a PS4 for £250. That's a budget that would barely build half a PC, and for arguments sake lets say it built a complete one, it wouldn't last the life cycle a console does.

I'm surprised TBH that a console will allow users to get an unfair advantage with M&K over what would be a majority controller playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Not true.
    Can pick up a PS4 for £250. That's a budget that would barely build half a PC, and for arguments sake lets say it built a complete one, it wouldn't last the life cycle a console does.

I'm surprised TBH that a console will allow users to get an unfair advantage with M&K over what would be a majority controller playerbase.
    For £250 (around 400 USD?) you can build a fairly decent PC, capable of 1080p 60fps, but with limited eye candy. It'll last you just as long as a console generation, due to most games being ports of console games. Not to mention you get access to things like Steam, and not having to pay to play online.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    i own a xim4 the mouse doesn't work exactly like it does on the pc, but close enough.
    im terrible with the controller i never owned a console after my mega drive days, so i felt like i had no choice.
    i dont have the time to learn to play with a controller something that comes naturally to me with a kb/mouse. it's a struggle maybe 30min in and my left thumb finger on the controller is causing me ache. i wish they just allowed keyboard and mouse on all console games without some weird accessory. just remove aim assist when keyboard and mouse are connected. that would be wonderful, plus ability to change fov if ur playing on a desk instead of a tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    ability to change fov if ur playing on a desk instead of a tv.
    Consoles are meant to be enjoyed on a couch though. Not to mention, console games are very heavily dependant on knowing exactly what you're looking at to maintain their fps, which they can't do if you can change options.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    i understand but if you playing on a desk u feel like ur zoomed all the time.. its weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    i understand but if you playing on a desk u feel like ur zoomed all the time.. its weird.
    Simple solution: Don't play on a desk.

While not a good solution, it's the only solution you have (and is one of the reasons I like PC, since I can just change the FOV whenever I want, either through official options or mods/changing the ini files)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I use a controller on PC so eh. Could not care less.
    Why? Did you switch from console to pc and like the controller more?

Deleted
    PC masterrace

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an unfair advantage but it is a huge advantage to be sure. Show the console plebs the error of their ways