To Prestige now or not to Prestige?

Ok So i'm Honor level 40 atm, and was planning to prestige to unlock the wep appearance. But now reading that 7.1 prestige will allow us to keep our talents. I'm wondering whether I should just wait but do we really know how long it will be until 7.1 arrives?

And i wonder if anyone who Prestiges now will get their honor talents back in 7.1?

I feel like i'm in a strange place cause i don't know what to do now with this 7.1 news

Deleted
    That's one thing you will need to answer to yourself...
    What is more valuable to you?
    - The unlocked appearence *now*
    - The time it will consume to get back up to level 40

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    7.1 isn't coming for 2 months or so. Just do it now so you can get it over with. I'm at rank 3 and do not intend to wait.

"But now reading that 7.1 prestige will allow us to keep our talents"

where did you see that? is that official?

Deleted
    there was a bluepost yes. its enough time to go to lvl 50 again till 7.1 hits. so u can prestige now imo

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    "But now reading that 7.1 prestige will allow us to keep our talents"

where did you see that? is that official?
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...7729?page=1#19

I am thinking to just prestige once i hit 50 ofc. But there is a caveat here, rated arena and bgs land 20th so in 4 days and this means being gimped for rated

Man this is just a terrible situation, I'm damned if i do and damned if i don't (well not able to get my appearance anytime soon)

No point in waiting really. Perhaps they will just refund the talent points for prestiged players anyway once the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    No point in waiting really. Perhaps they will just refund the talent points for prestiged players anyway once the patch hits.
    Agreed, I think i will just take the plunge, tho it means i won't really be able to participate in rated arena until I reach rank 28 atleast again

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just wait. It's not as if the expansion won't be out plenty long enough for you to max out prestige anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not doing rated PvP, just do it anyway.

Most specs only have one or two talents that you actually need. Won't really matter in BGs that much.

Deleted
    Just do it now, you can easily get back to level 50 in a couple days of farming. 7.1 is still far from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.1 isn't coming anytime soon, probably not until early 2017.