Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aftordon View Post
    Could a tank solo without a healer? Could a healer solo without a tank? Everyone is needed.
    By definition, solo would be by themselves. And yes, tanks can solo heroics in moderate gear (~840s).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Seriously kid? You clearly don't realize that every single class in the game has a DPS spec (and yes, it's DPS, not DD).
    The term "DD" is correct. I guess you are to young to remember that?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    The term "DD" is correct. I guess you are to young to remember that?
    And gay means happy(or merry, or whatever)?

Languages change over time
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Because a large number of DPS players treat Tanks and Healers like absolute shit and the bags help bribe some players into still queueing as tanks and heals

- - - Updated - - -

Could a tank solo without a healer? Could a healer solo without a tank? Everyone is needed.
    no but as long as there wasn't an enrage timer the tank and healer could probably do it without the 3 dps players

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    the Damage Dealers also contribute to everything in the dungeon without us they cant kill boss (except for druids), not all tanks or healers are leaders many times DD take control and guide the tanks
    This is not true. Many times, I've seen all 3 dps drop out of group when I was tanking and the healer kept me alive long enough to kill bosses. Lower level dungeons can be done healer/tank only. You're not that important in 5 man normals and there are far more of you than there are tanks and healers.

Quote Originally Posted by qunaquna80 View Post
    the Damage Dealers also contribute to everything in the dungeon without us they cant kill boss (except for druids), not all tanks or healers are leaders many times DD take control and guide the tanks
    Make a tank/healer or stfu

Supply and demand.

Low supply of tanks and a high demand means tanks are worth more than a dps, if you dont like it there is another dps in queue willing to take your slot. Same goes with healers.

You could fix this by either reducing the supply of dps (not likely) or increasing the demand, if you dont want tanks and healers getting inscentives so that you can actually do dungeon content, then perhaps ask for 6 man dungeons, ought to reduce queue times by a third

10+ Year Old Account
    because they keep nerfing tanks damage and heals so people switch to dps to be able to do their damn quests then more dps start queueing and them bags are for the least role available to entice people to queue
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

I can solo any heroic fight and about half of mythic bosses, though not the trash. Healers heal dps. Dps make fights go faster, usually.

Lol, butthurt about the bag, now i have seen it all.

Its basically because there are literally 5 tanks and 10 healers for every 100 DPS players.

Give me one reason why i would queue for a worthless heroic, with worthless random players that i will probably outdps (I dont even need them to clear the heroic, the run will just 1 hour instead of 10mins without them) without the bag?

Or even so, why would i choose random DPS over my own friends? Exactly, the bag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Also Heroic queues seem to be <15 minutes as solo DPS now where Normal is still 45m+

Probably because once you hit iLevel 810 there's no reason to ever run Normal (since Heroic aren't actually any harder lol)
    Normal dungeons don't hand out Goodie Bags for Tanks / Healers.
    Either this, or I just haven't seen those popping up, even though I was constantly observing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Abbreviations don't.
    DPS still doesn't mean Damage Dealer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    and why do we need a healer?
    You need someone to keep all those inflated egos in check.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post

Gay still means merry or happy as well as homosexual, its just used far less often to refer to the former. Word's can start to refer to other things but very rarely do they stop meaning something for at least a few generations. DD is still a correct term, DPS is also correct but like most of the new words/meanings created in the last couple of decade they are retarded and/or nonsensical.

DPS is the measurement. Damage Dealer is a role.
    Last edited by mmoc9de0d4c32c; 2016-09-16 at 11:29 AM.

Coming as someone who played a tank from launch to cata, then a healer for MoP and some of WoD, and a damage dealer for most of WoD and Legion; healers and tanks get more rewards because they're rarer, it's a harder job, and damage dealers are replaceable in seconds.

We're a dime a dozen, we're worth nothing.

Deleted
    It's not a special treatment bag;
    if the situation ever arises, when there's a lack of dps players in the quee; DPS will also be able to get this bag.

I'm fairy certain I once got it somewhen near the end of WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    Because a large number of DPS players treat Tanks and Healers like absolute shit and the bags help bribe some players into still queueing as tanks and heals
    In my experience the treatment goes the other way around. Except for chainpulling mages... screw those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Seriously kid? You clearly don't realize that every single class in the game has a DPS spec (and yes, it's DPS, not DD).
    Damage-dealer, not damage per second. unless you think DPS stands for damageR per second... lol

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    Damage-dealer, not damage per second. unless you think DPS stands for damageR per second... lol
    No one calls it a DD or damage-dealer, everyone calls them DPS, therefore they are now DPS.

Language is fluid and brute force use of the wrong term can turn it into the right term. So you're right on a technical level but not on a social/use level. The term DPS has been used for damage dealing classes for over a decade and has become the accepted term even if it is technically incorrect.

Much the same as how literally now also means figuratively depending on context. If I say "I laughed so hard I literally shit myself" you know I mean figuratively despite that I used the word literally and since you know what I mean then the word used was right enough.

Sometimes, literally does not literally mean literally anymore.

OT: Tanks and healers are less common than dps. A literal retard could have told you this (In this case, I use the word "literal" by its dictionary definition).
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Mhorrg View Post
    No one calls it a DD or damage-dealer, everyone calls them DPS, therefore they are now DPS.

Language is fluid and brute force use of the wrong term can turn it into the right term. So you're right on a technical level but not on a social/use level. The term DPS has been used for damage dealing classes for over a decade and has become the accepted term even if it is technically incorrect.

Much the same as how literally now also means figuratively depending on context. If I say "I laughed so hard I literally shit myself" you know I mean figuratively despite that I used the word literally and since you know what I mean then the word used was right enough.
    i call them dps, indeed, but you cant tell someone that is wrong because he is saying DD...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    This is because there are simply too many DPS-role players. Which, I don't mind since I usually spec Tank or Healer anyway.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!