Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is a game. Big game. Bug happens. It is not that big deal, everyone will get some sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    btw.... just wondering, appraently the bug was that ppl that already had a legendary would receive a better droprate? Then why not reverse it and make it a bit better for peopl ethat have not even one yet and lower it for the following... that would even it out/level the playfield a bit wouldn't it?
    It wouldn't, because the first legendary by itself is not the problem. It's the second, which (if the first wasn't) has a higher chance of being a better one, and regardless of that, you have an advantage as soon as you unlock the research.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Best solution for the time being is to disable the legendary effects for the time being, though at minimum the second legendary (i.e. block the final research) until those not benefiting from the bug caught up.
    There is no way to catch up. People who didn't get one till now are pretty much f*cked. Those who managed to get their 2+ Legendaries will always be ahead for the rest of the expansion. Goodbye balance.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    btw.... just wondering, appraently the bug was that ppl that already had a legendary would receive a better droprate? Then why not reverse it and make it a bit better for peopl ethat have not even one yet and lower it for the following... that would even it out/level the playfield a bit wouldn't it?
    This is not a fix really, since legendaries are not equal either, except in their droprate.

You play dice game with certain person. Who rolls higher - wins. Except that you have one shot until deadline, while other person can roll twice and choose better result. Yes, he can roll badly twice, and you can have a good one roll, and somehow you may win. But you are being crippled by ruleset from start, and frankly this dice game sucks, who the fuck came up with this garbage and why people wasting time on it?

Legendaries were a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Which player with 2+ legendaries is going to negatively impact you or anyone else?
    The two other tanks in my raid group who each have 2 legs. No raid spot for me this time except in alt group. Gg no re?

I wouldn't really know a proper solution to fix this situation, but if you can't understand why this is a bad thing for balance of the game I'm kind of scared for you.

Edit: Other than keeping tier 6 of your order hall locked for a while. The advantage would at least be reduced to having a higher chance of a BiS legendary, that's still a lot better than having to compete against some players with 2 equipped in a few weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    It is a game. Big game. Bug happens. It is not that big deal, everyone will get some sooner or later.
    It's not just a bug, it's the equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    The two other tanks in my raid group who each have 2 legs. No raid spot for me this time except in alt group. Gg no re?
    That's what you get for playing a game which doesn't do fuck all to reward work / dedication / skill anymore, and instead just turns the entire fucking end-game into a massive lottery. Legion was looking so amazing but a closer look at the end-game reward system has made me realize the entire idea is for everything to be completely random, the only thing you can do better is pray even harder for a relevant WQ reward or an item drop.

Playing 8-12 hours per day since launch with no drop only to see people ding 110 yesterday and get a legendary 3 hours later while I can't even get a fucking relic from 26 mythic dungeons has made me want to quit this game so hard I might just forget it ever existed.
    Last edited by thilicen; 2016-09-16 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Edit: Other than keeping tier 6 of your order hall locked for a while. The advantage would at least be reduced to having a higher chance of a BiS legendary, that's still a lot better than having to compete against some players with 2 equipped in a few weeks.
    There's also the fact that having multiple legendaries allows you to swap them between fights if they offer different advantages, even if you're limited to one equipped at a time. And of course this advantage gets even bigger if you have 3-4 and again after finishing the order tech tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    There's also the fact that having multiple legendaries allows you to swap them between fights if they offer different advantages, even if you're limited to one equipped at a time. And of course this advantage gets even bigger if you have 3-4 and again after finishing the order tech tree.
    True, but it's the best damage control you can get at the moment without screwing people over too much on either side, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    True, but it's the best damage control you can get at the moment without screwing people over too much on either side, I think.
    One other scenario was leave it as is for up to 2 legendaries and fix it for any additional legendaries after that (I know some people have 3 already but they should still be in the minority). But any way you look at it, it's just a fucked up situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I got mine AFTER the fix though :P. And it was my first one, so it's not like I was benefiting from the bug in the first place, since that applied only to the people who had already gotten one ^^.
    Not necessarily the case. They "identified" the issue with someone that has one getting another with a higher chance.

We do not know what they yet have to identify. There may be bugs in the "unlucky" system where by if you did a certain type of WQ more than others.. you have a better chance.

Clearly if they can fuck up the 2nd legendary chance, they can fuck up the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Cause that's what it says, lol. The bug wasn't reducing the chance you'd get your first; it was upping the chance you'd get a second.
    Where is that said? We have no idea if the chance for first was working as intended. Blizz said NOTHING about that.

A not so unlikely theory is that bad luck protection was working as intended but only activated once you got the first legendary instead of being active as default in the beginning. Thus they got the 2nd legendary with "working" bad luck protection and normal people didn't benefit from that bad luck protection while they should have.
    Blizzard said multiple times that nearly everyone has a legendary when raid starts, so that they don't have such a huge impact on the race. I don't see so many people having them yet

Basically at this point Blizzard has forfeited all right to further benefit of doubt. They either explain the full workings of their system (both as intended as well as the messed-up way they actually implemented it), or players should feel free to speculate as wildly as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipharris View Post
    Lol, I posted about this on reddit yesterday and got flamed to hell. I can't link but I am /u/vsuede - you can watch me basking in all my douchey glory.
    Lots of us posted about it over the past couple days and were shot down by the fantrolls who wouldn't even consider the evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Where is that said? We have no idea if the chance for first was working as intended. Blizz said NOTHING about that.

A not so unlikely theory is that bad luck protection was working as intended but only activated once you got the first legendary instead of being active as default in the beginning. Thus they got the 2nd legendary with "working" bad luck protection and normal people didn't benefit from that bad luck protection while they should have.
    Blizzard said multiple times that nearly everyone has a legendary when raid starts, so that they don't have such a huge impact on the race. I don't see so many people having them yet
    Nah, they've balanced Emerald Nightmare around the fact that a few per guild would have a legendary. Nighthold is balanced around (almost) everyone having at least 1.

Deleted
    It's on the front page, and quoted in the OP.
    Read what he said instead of droning on with your uninformed drivel.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's on the front page, and quoted in the OP.
    In all fairness the post from Blizzard says literally nothing about drop rates for people with no legendaries, how this works and if this is working as intended, which is what that guy was pointing at.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    sucks to be them try again next time like the rest of us have to
    it's not fair they got a bugged item

everyone in the division got their items removed when they got it during a bugged method
    Bullet King farming? Nope.
    Hole-in-the-wall Hornet farming? Nope.
    Exploiting out of bounds killing the APC farming? Nope.
    Bugged door glitch to get to Scarecrow in 2 minutes? Nope.

I've done all the above, for more than my fair share, and nothing was ever taken away. Try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    I will start by saying i have zero legendaries.
    What you are proposing would be unfair as hell, because there would be a huge difference between the ones that got their BIS legendary among those legs they got, and the ones that did not
    As it always was intended.

It was never intended that everyone gets all the legendaries.

And the bad luck protection always would work this way that people who had not received a legendary have a higher chance of finding one than people who already found legendaries assuming same amount of playtime.