10+ Year Old Account

Balance Druid - Confused about Talents/Stat Prio

Hello fellow Moonkins,

I'm a little confused regarding Balance talents and stat prio's. I'm not a hard core raider but plan to do Mythics with my guild. I usually find guides on IV or WoW Forums very helpful from those who contribute to the moonkin community (and thanks to you all), but this time everyone has a different opinion. I'm unsure which talents to take as all the guides have different recommendations.
    I understand there is a Balance Discussion thread but I've read through a few of the 200+ pages and it just seems to be a bit of a debate.

Is the stat prio Haste > Int > Crit/Vers > Mastery? I'm seeing a lot of difference in opinion of this also. I'm being told that druids using simcraft are coming back with Crit being their best stat. I don't know about other druids but all I seem to get is crit/mastery gear from WQ or drops with <random stats>, I have very little haste at the moment. Could this be why and should I continue to aim for Haste?

My toon is http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Neetz/advanced (I have Haste gems in my sockets but it hasn't updated)

Thanks for any help, it's much appreciated
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm running with Haste > Crit > Versa > Mastery atm, 845 and 27-28% haste, pulling between 200-300k on mythic bosses depending on how much one needs to switch targets and move around.

I'd definitely go for more haste in your case. People see Crit coming ahead because they are already full decked in haste gear and stats suffer from diminishing returns (or rather the other stats get comparatively stronger). Would defniitely look to swap Mastery for Haste in your gear (your crit is at good levels).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply Thilicen mate, would it be possible to link or PM me your toons page? Just want to have a nosey at your talents

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hoven/advanced

At this point I'm considering dropping some haste in favor of crit, if I can find crit/haste gear where I can gain some crit and lose some haste. maybe 1-2% down on haste, and the same amount up on crit would be ideal, working on starsurge crit traits now so that will surely help a lot as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really appreciate the replies and advice guys, thanks a bunch <3

Deleted
    Thilicen, are you using those same talents for trash pulls, or are you switching around to more AOE focused ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkgard View Post
    Thilicen, are you using those same talents for trash pulls, or are you switching around to more AOE focused ones?
    Curious about this also. I notice my talents are different from Thilicen's, I'm gonna swap them around tonight and have a play around. I usually have starfall up and multi dot on 3+ trash packs. Not sure if thats the way to go :P

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkgard View Post
    Depends really, if the group really needs the extra dps I'll try using FoE and AC for trash. Usually I just stay with it, can still pull 3-400k on trash with 4-5 mobs stacked if they last more than 20 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Curious about this also. I notice my talents are different from Thilicen's, I'm gonna swap them around tonight and have a play around. I usually have starfall up and multi dot on 3+ trash packs. Not sure if thats the way to go :P
    I never really use starfall. I tend to dot the mobs with moonfire until they are clustered, then sunfire even if they don't all have moonfire on them. At this point it's full moon and empowered lunar strikes all the way. With Starlord and a decent amount of haste that can get you some pretty neat numbers. Can't realistically hope to compete with certain classes on trash though.

I just play AC/FoE throughout at the moment. Bosses melt down anyways so it's good to be able to help on trash with some more burst (also helps train the FoE playstyle for raids).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh thats refreshing to hear @ Thilicen - I'm excitied to try it now with the different talents and glad I can leave out starfall tbh!
    As for FoE @ Adramelch I'm not really a big fan of that spell it feels so clunky to me. Maybe again it's to do with my talents and lack of haste but I find having to change its location a lot makes it terribly hard to keep it up as the AP runs out. It's such a tiny radius I suppose if it was a must for raiding I'd try my best to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neetz View Post
    Ahh thats refreshing to hear @ Thilicen - I'm excitied to try it now with the different talents and glad I can leave out starfall tbh!
    As for FoE @ Adramelch I'm not really a big fan of that spell it feels so clunky to me. Maybe again it's to do with my talents and lack of haste but I find having to change its location a lot makes it terribly hard to keep it up as the AP runs out. It's such a tiny radius I suppose if it was a must for raiding I'd try my best to get used to it.
    You can change its location mid-cast and it's off the gcd. Also the "travelling" animation is just an animation, in reality it instantly repositions itself. I rarely have to reposition it that much in the first place anyway.