Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Proper Demon Hunter Opener With Prepared/Momentum

Currently i Fel rush to the target, Build Fury to around 30 away from my cap, Vengeful Retreat, Then Metamorphisis back in with Chaos Blades and Fury of the Illidari.

Does anyone know if its just better to fel rush twice at the start but just enough so momentum doesnt cap and then use demons bite to build fury and then Retreat?

Proper opener would be to fel rush in, glaive throw for bloodlet, build fury until momentum drops, fel rush bloodlet again, if youre close to cap spend 1 chaos strike, then blow cooldowns using vengeful retreat as your final momentum ability before starting the momentum cycle over again, keeping bloodlet and mom up the entire time.

I open with fel rush -> glaive -> fel barrage -> FOTI -> VR -> build fury -> fel rush -> meta -> unload. Not sure if proper, just makes most sense to me (using up FB and FOTI before meta, since they don't get buffed from it and would just waste its duration)

I personally use following for pvp openers in arenas: FR/Glave/Glave/1 Spender /build up fury (use blur here if they are focusing u)/VR/Meta form /Chaos Blade + FOTI/ Unload or Glaive/ FR / continue

Deleted
    Don't listen to any of the guys above
    The best opener right now is:
    Fel rush
    Fury of the Illidari
    Glaive
    Glaive
    Build fury up to 80~~
    Vengeful Retreat
    Metamorphosis back in
    Pop trinkets and chaos blades if talented
    Spam

Is no one is using eye beam?

I basically try to get everything on CD while under momo.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Eye Beam is used in single target only if you have the Anguish of the Deceiver gold trait. I think most people rushed to Rage of the Illidari first so they haven't gotten to Anguish yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sworddude View Post
    Eye Beam is used in single target only if you have the Anguish of the Deceiver gold trait. I think most people rushed to Rage of the Illidari first so they haven't gotten to Anguish yet.
    I guess I'm ahead of the curve. Or I picked the wrong path...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Would you be? I got my second gold dragon trait today. I havent been going nuts with the AP farming either. I hit 110 on day 1, but after that i play ~3-4 hours a day at most.

I also have tank weapon at 13 or so traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith View Post
    Honestly, it doesn't matter too much which path you go. People went for FotI trait because it was the best option for dungeons, which is the only content we have currently. You could have went Anguish first and been fine.

That said, me personally, I'm about halfway to my 20th point, which will be Anguish. Pretty exciting stuff.

Deleted
    Eye beam on ST with anguish trait is a really marginal dps gain on single target, not even worth using because you basically have to use it perfectly each time to get like 2-3k more dps.
    Though NOT USING Eye Beam on more than one target is a big dps loss

I like how terrible eye beam is for a 45 second CD, it's just a worse in every way version of FoF. It does less damage, twice the CD, can't move while casting, and you can be interrupted and on top of all that it has zero value from our best stat IE crit because it always crits. Such a shame too it's such a eye candy ability to use and should be worth using single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic View Post
    Proper opener would be to fel rush in, glaive throw for bloodlet, build fury until momentum drops,
    If your building fury while under momentum your not having a proper rotation.

You use momentum on burst phase where you can use CD and/or dump fury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanson View Post
    . Such a shame too it's such a eye candy ability to use and should be worth using single target.
    It would be OP if its dmg was buffed to the point its worth using it on ST when you take in count that almost every DH utility cleave.

Also the bonus it has over FoF is it deal its dmg under 2sec and has a good range. Its easier to align it with spreaded target and easy to use on pulls.

But again I'm really afraid about DH gear scaling.

Versa beeing one of out top stats mean poor scaling overal and eyebeam 100% crits mean that well, it doesn't scale at all from crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppek1993 View Post
    Fel rush
    Fury of the Illidari
    Glaive
    Glaive
    Build fury up to 80~~
    Vengeful Retreat
    Metamorphosis back in
    Spam
    this is what i came to as well, just makes the most sense when you look at everything.

anguish is cool (just got it today myself) but if you try and squeeze it into your opener it makes everything feel a bit clunky and cumbersome. just pop eyebeam once meta has ended and you have the fury, if you're on a single target fight. otherwise keep it for adds~

Fel rush
    Fury of the Illidari
    Glaive
    Glaive
    Build fury up to 80~~
    Vengeful Retreat
    Metamorphosis back in
    Spam
    meta leap DMG is very weak so its a waste to use it while on momentum, you should pop it b4 VR. Also vengefull retreat is off the global CD you should pop chaos strike while mid air and you should AIM it in a way you don't exit the target hit box for more then your global CD duration. That way you don't waste any momentum uptime and you don't loose any chaos strike spam while under meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    meta leap DMG is very weak so its a waste to use it while on momentum, you should pop it b4 VR. Also vengefull retreat is off the global CD you should pop chaos strike while mid air and you should AIM it in a way you don't exit the target hit box for more then your global CD duration. That way you don't waste any momentum uptime and you don't loose any chaos strike spam while under meta.
    Sometimes the hitbox is too small, i think the uptime of jumping back on the boss is worth it to jump back in meta

You do realize you wrote pretty much the same what i did, the only difference you popping FOTI in 1st FR, while i use it right after Meta stun so that players will have to eat full dmg without popping D-cds or waste trinket on a meta stun, which is a better opener than urs from pvp pov.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    You do realize you wrote pretty much the same what i did, the only difference you popping FOTI in 1st FR, while i use it right after Meta stun so that players will have to eat full dmg without popping D-cds or waste trinket on a meta stun, which is a better opener than urs from pvp pov.
    Why even talk about a PvP point of view? OP asks about the opener, which surely regards PvE PoV.
    Any questions like this I hop on YouTube and check how the big boys does it, compare if anyone of them are doing everything alike or someone does it differently and go on that instead. As usual on forums you get 20 answers and every answer strays away from eachother.
    In PvE you never want to build fury under momentum, have FoTI on Cd using it right after Fel rush, if talented use FR before FoTI, always have 1 glaive on CD if talented, for meta you fill up fury full, turn around VR and chaos strike midair then meta in and dump. Build fury, FR in a path along the boss so u stay in hitbox, if you can't do this you want to have one glaive to use after FR on the way back in
    Last edited by mmocf0f3fe9f57; 2016-09-16 at 05:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Dungeon bosses have way too small hitbox in general to not take advantage of meta hop back in. Like u said, VR is off gcd so u can basically VR and meta in an instant, losing 1 gcd on that momentum, it's not a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    that's all cool man but noone here cares about pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Vanson View Post
    I like how terrible eye beam is for a 45 second CD, it's just a worse in every way version of FoF. It does less damage, twice the CD, can't move while casting, and you can be interrupted and on top of all that it has zero value from our best stat IE crit because it always crits. Such a shame too it's such a eye candy ability to use and should be worth using single target.
    ^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^