Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Currently waiting for the Amazon driver to deliver my copy. Can't wait to stick some headphones on and play in the dark.

Question, playing with a gamepad is possible? I mean, i'd like to chill with it on the tv, but if it's recommended a m/k setup i'll play on pc.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Question, playing with a gamepad is possible? I mean, i'd like to chill with it on the tv, but if it's recommended a m/k setup i'll play on pc.
    Mouse controls are bad, I'd recommend a gamepad.

It looks like a lot of people are pissed off with the PC version:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bioshock/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/409710/
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2016-09-16 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Eh i got the from steam, never played the original verisons so i was asking myself if it would be cool to play the remastered ones. Then i have Steam Link and a xbox360 pad so i thouhgt i could make it work.

EDIT: playing with a pad shouldn't be an issue then from reddit threads. I'll adjust the FOV tweaking the ini and then i'll be good i suppose.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-09-16 at 01:26 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

ok. WHAT mouse issues. what am I not seeing? cause I have zero mouse issues, I'm playing with keyboard and mouse and having a grand old time? also... it looks great on my, admittedly aging PC.

I WAS going to try gamepad mostly because its more comfortable for couch gaming than lap table I have for my keyboard/mouse, but... I'm having no mouse issues?

(disclamer, a LOT of people claim that Jade empire is bad with a keyboard and you should play it with gamepad, but I actualy prefer it with a keyboard and mouse, never had any issues with it, but did with gamepad, in part because its older and configuring it to work with newer controllers was a bit annoying, but also.. mouse keyboard controlled just fine for me.)

and seriously... its a free goddamn upgrade, assuming you have the game already (which I do) but even if you don't - purchasing individual games on steam at least - comes with both versions. sigh. some people are just impossible to please?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post

Console game being released on PC turning out to be garbage?

Shocker

I don't think a single developer has gotten a PC release from console right. Mainly because they do it for a quick cash grab. "fix it later" if it ever happens
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    ok. WHAT mouse issues. what am I not seeing? cause I have zero mouse issues, I'm playing with keyboard and mouse and having a grand old time? also... it looks great on my, admittedly aging PC.

I WAS going to try gamepad mostly because its more comfortable for couch gaming than lap table I have for my keyboard/mouse, but... I'm having no mouse issues?

(disclamer, a LOT of people claim that Jade empire is bad with a keyboard and you should play it with gamepad, but I actualy prefer it with a keyboard and mouse, never had any issues with it, but did with gamepad, in part because its older and configuring it to work with newer controllers was a bit annoying, but also.. mouse keyboard controlled just fine for me.)

and seriously... its a free goddamn upgrade, assuming you have the game already (which I do) but even if you don't - purchasing individual games on steam at least - comes with both versions. sigh. some people are just impossible to please?
    Yeah the PC crowd generally seems to have higher standards when it comes to mouse controls but I have no clue what they expect since I play consoles more often than PC.

10+ Year Old Account

From what I've heard, Mouse Smoothing and Mouse Acceleration are on by default with no way to turn them off. Both of those are horrible for shooters.

Might play it sometime next week, good on 2K for releasing the Remastered versions free for people that already have the originals on PC (is it also true for consoles?)

Edit: Or maybe I'll play it next year... 21 GB is quite a bit for 1.5 Mb/s ADSL
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-09-16 at 09:37 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    From what I've heard, Mouse Smoothing and Mouse Acceleration are on by default with no way to turn them off. Both of those are horrible for shooters.

Might play it sometime next week, good on 2K for releasing the Remastered versions free for people that already have the originals on PC (is it also true for consoles?)
    guess it depends on how into shooters you are? because I don't usually play shooters, unless they have other genre elements to them... like bioshock, borderlands, etc. and never competitively, so... /shrug

and no, you have to buy a copy for consoles, since remasters are for next generation of them. at least as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Yeah the PC crowd generally seems to have higher standards when it comes to mouse controls but I have no clue what they expect since I play consoles more often than PC.
    I mostly play on PC, but at least half the time, whenever hardcore PC gamers complain about something I have no idea why are they complaining. because ok, when my game is crashing or the graphics are REALLY stuttery, resolution is REALLY off and gives me no options to change to my native display (which with bioshock seems to be the case? guess I lucked out with my resolution then :/), there are bugs that are preventing me from completing quests, controls have been ported by someone who has never in their life played on PC (we are talking resident evil 4 level of terrible), you know glaring things like that. I can see the cause for complaint. but a lot of complaining seems to be in a realm of severe nitpicking. guess I'm easier to please than I thought?

cause I have zero mouse issues
    Cool, but remember that just because you aren't having issues doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others.

Looking at the current reviews, 48% (of 794) reviews are positive for BioShock 1, and 41% (of 93) reviews are positive for BioShock 2. And as I quickly browsed the positive reviews, as per usual, they're 'reviews' such as 'gud game'.

Looking at the negative reviews, there are legitimate criticisms here. To elaborate:

• BioShock 2 has its multiplayer mode completely removed
    • Achievements are bugged (with one user saying that eight whole achievements are bugged for him)
    • Numerous crashes
    • No FOV options
    • Very few graphical options (only resolution, v-sync, and AA options)
    • Audio cuts
    • FPS issues (one stated that he averaged only 50FPS with a 1080 graphics card)
    • Mouse issues (both the acceleration and sensitivity, and you can't move the mouse in menus nor during hacking)
    • You have to edit the INI file to fix said mouse issues

Just because something is free doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. And, if you don't own all of them, it's not free, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Cool, but remember that just because you aren't having issues doesn't mean it doesn't exist for others.

Looking at the current reviews, 48% (of 794) reviews are positive for BioShock 1, and 41% (of 93) reviews are positive for BioShock 2. And as I quickly browsed the positive reviews, as per usual, they're 'reviews' such as 'gud game'.

Looking at the negative reviews, there are legitimate criticisms here. To elaborate:

• Achievements are bugged (with one user saying that eight whole achievements are bugged for him)
    • Numerous crashes
    • No FOV options
    • Audio cuts
    • Mouse issues (both the acceleration and sensitivity, and you can't move the mouse in menus nor during hacking)

Just because something is free doesn't mean it's immune to criticism. And, if you don't own all of them, it's not free, so yeah.
    I'm not saying its immune to criticism, I'm saying that some of that criticism is nitpicking and/or subjective opinion.

and even if you don't own all of them before buying new versions - its still free, because on steam at least a single purchase comes with both the original AND remaster version. so if you are unhappy with remaster, you can play the original. http://store.steampowered.com/app/409710/ read the description by the "buy" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    its a console game silly it was designed for controller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Infinite is maybe average, shouldn't even be considered a Bioshock game. What an awful ending.
    If you think it's awful then you didn't understand it whatsoever, which isn't uncommon. I suggest looking up a full explanation as well as an explanation to the DLC and any other questions you have about it.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

The thing I don't understand is this whole criticism. Back in the day, when Bioshock 1 and 2 released, people (including myself) were amazed about the game, enjoyed it and it was (and still is) a great, great experience with awesome atmosphere and setting.

Now you link these critic kids (or mental kids) who mainly criticize the game just for the sake of criticizing or getting their steam off on something or just for the attention they need. Strange. Just enjoy the game like we did in the old days. CohhCarnage (twitch streamer) is playing the BioShock 1 now (2 later) and is having alot of fun and zero issuses, me too.

Just be more positive and enjoy what life brings to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post

Just be more positive and enjoy what life brings to you.
    How dare you enjoy something I don't enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

• Numerous crashes
    • No FOV options
    • Audio cuts

I'm sure those whole 5 people who still care about Bioshock 2 multiplayer can still play it in the original version.

I hope you didn't expect me to take you serious when you list that as a bullet point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm sure those whole 5 people who still care about Bioshock 2 multiplayer can still play it in the original version.

I hope you didn't expect me to take you serious when you list that as a bullet point.
    It's the fact they're removing shit, i thought this was supposed to be the remastered edition but so far, they're removing more shit than they're adding. How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's the fact they're removing shit, i thought this was supposed to be the remastered edition but so far, they're removing more shit than they're adding. How does that work?
    They said from the get go they where never putting the multiplayer in the remaster. They didn't remove anything- it was never in the remaster and it's still in the original version. You understand to remove something it has to be there in the first place right?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    If you think it's awful then you didn't understand it whatsoever, which isn't uncommon. I suggest looking up a full explanation as well as an explanation to the DLC and any other questions you have about it.
    "If you don't like it, you just don't understand it!" is the worst argument ever. It makes giant assumptions and makes you look like you think your opinion is absolute fact.

I understood it just fine, I still don't like the ending. I also think the game's the worst of the Bioshock games (not bad, mind you), but that's more from a gameplay perspective, which I value more than story in FPS games.

So because it's unpopular, it's okay to not include content that exists in the original game? I fail to see how that invalidates everything else that I've written, but okay.

They said from the get go they where never putting the multiplayer in the remaster. They didn't remove anything- it was never in the remaster and it's still in the original version. You understand to remove something it has to be there in the first place right?
    Sure, they never claimed that it was going into the remaster, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it's not present in the remaster. And no, saying "if you like it, go play the original game" doesn't excuse it, either.