Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Well. Considering our main source of information on this was this MMO-Champ thread I'd say it's on equal footing.. We had people here yesterday and on reddit saying players were receiving their 2nd / 3rd Legendary items yesterday

I doubt they would not announce it to avoid they messed up, as they admitted that today
    Oh I know they admitted it. I was the one that started the thread that made that come up. However it was being talked about a week before that and they never bothered to say anything. And the main source of information on this wasn't MMO-champ. We just don't use reddit as 90% of that forum is useless.

IDK about people receiving them yesterday though. I haven't seen or heard of one in like 3 days actually.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    How many people who got these legendaries actually did something other than just play the game the same as everyone else?

The race analogy is pretty weak. Who are you racing against? Unless your server is dead (and until the new-expansion smell wears off), there will always be guilds out there looking for competent players.

Fixed that for you.
    Except the amount of players playing a game has shit all nothing to do with how the game is coded, but ok...

And as for the rest of your reply, read the other posts. They give good examples as to why this is, in fact, kind of a race. Raid spots, etc, you know...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Rumor has it that this bugged chance was linked to treasures so heres the deal: Lets suppose you re one of those who followed 9 out of 10 guides + what blizzard said "take AP as u find it and treasures as u run next to them" and so on your way to 110 you picked all treasures but no legendary.
    Can confirm this to be untrue. I leveled with a friend grabbing all the same treasures the entire way up and he received 2 legendaries to my 0. It is not in any way tied to teasures

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Evidence on here (if you can call it evidence) suggests otherwise. Most of the reports about multiple legendaries talk about people receiving there's on wednesday/yesterday. I'm firmly on the camp that the "no duplicate legendaries" hotfix probably messed things up.
    Most of the reports? Dude we have been reporting them since day 3. Hell I know people who had 2 in under 5 days of launch so the theory that they broke it after the fix is totally off base

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    Oh I know they admitted it. I was the one that started the thread that made that come up. However it was being talked about a week before that and they never bothered to say anything. And the main source of information on this wasn't MMO-champ. We just don't use reddit as 90% of that forum is useless.

IDK about people receiving them yesterday though. I haven't seen or heard of one in like 3 days actually.
    It's been ongoing since closed actually, there were a few reddit posts about it from a few months ago. But ya, it's been on-going even through this past week up until yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Any guild worth its salt would make 4 different mythic+ teams with a legendary in each to ensure group success. If your guild does this and you don't get a spot then you've dodged a bullet and are now free to find a guild not ran by morons
    Guilds haven't been a thing for many, many years.

When the real rewards are delivered once per week based upon how far you progressed... any guild worth it's salt will see that getting "real upgrades" for 5 peeps is better than getting WQ level gear for 20.

They should have just stealth fix it, instead of inducing tears and rage of all those kiddos...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Rumor has it that this bugged chance was linked to treasures so heres the deal: Lets suppose you re one of those who followed 9 out of 10 guides + what blizzard said "take AP as u find it and treasures as u run next to them" and so on your way to 110 you picked all treasures but no legendary.

If they kept the bug to not shortcut people who didnt get legendaries then those who didnt get and used up their treasures would be gated from the bug anyway thus causing and even greater disparity between people who unintendly got legendaries, people who then knew how to get more chance to legendaries and finally people who were unlucky all around and also used their extra chances towards legendaries.

There is no easy way to fix this.

P.S. In the start of expac you can only equip 1 legendary no? So the 2nd is gated by class hall progression so like 25-30 days atm for next legendary equip slot? Or you could carry more? Kinda lost on the numbers.
    Treasures can't drop legendaries, any link between treasures and legendary drop chances are far fetched. I know lots of people that picked up all the treasures and people who don't care about them. Neither have lengendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    They should have just stealth fix it, instead of inducing tears and rage of all those kiddos...
    All they have to do is increase the rate of getting the first one. Doesn't not benefit those that have 1 or 2... but compensates others for getting anally penetrated by Blizz's bug.

It says there was a bug with people who already had one getting a second... doesn't say if the drop rate was off for the first one. I hope they keep it at what it's at or(harder) to find as these will basically be BIS for this teir of raiding. Our guild of ~ 40 or so active(15 really active) has only had 1 drop to my knowledge and it was to someone who barely plays... makes me wanna die inside when that happens lol.

*raises glass* Here's to hoping everyones first Legendary is the one you want.

i can't wait for emerald nightmare to open and see all the groups in the lookinf for rlgrp tab requiring to link a legendary

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    All they have to do is increase the rate of getting the first one. Doesn't not benefit those that have 1 or 2... but compensates others for getting anally penetrated by Blizz's bug.
    I do not own a legendary, I played like 8+ hours per day since launch, maybe more. I have done all the mythics possible every reset, I did like 150+ heroic runs, maybe more and I do not feel anally penetrated by Blizzard bug. Eventually, everyone will get one. You still have more then enough time to get 2 before you will actually be able to use it.

Guilds haven't been a thing for many, many years.
    Lol wat

When the real rewards are delivered once per week based upon how far you progressed... any guild worth it's salt will see that getting "real upgrades" for 5 peeps is better than getting WQ level gear for 20.
    Boss kill takes 20 players
    5 players are equiped for the task
    you do the math

Also it's pretty clear you've no concept of how the new Mythic+ will work. My guild could have our 3 players with leggies each take each and every player through mythic+ next reset using their keystone so that everyone will be eligible for the same rewards next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Lol wat

Boss kill takes 20 players
    5 players are equiped for the task
    you do the math

Also it's pretty clear you've no concept of how the new Mythic+ will work. My guild could have our 3 players with leggies each take each and every player through mythic+ next reset using their keystone so that everyone will be eligible for the same rewards next week.
    Yeah.. that'll happen. Or they can run 9 runs of their own Mythic plus to get +9 and call it a week.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, normally Blizzard removes loot/etc acquired via exploits even if it was unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Interesting, normally Blizzard removes loot/etc acquired via exploits even if it was unintentional.
    Can't here without massive backlash. To avoid the exploit people would have had to stop playing after there first legendary.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Yeah.. that'll happen. Or they can run 9 runs of their own Mythic plus to get +9 and call it a week.
    And then get to raid release with 15 players that couldn't make it past +4 and fail a dps check on last boss of hc EN or something. Nice meme. Luckily my guild isn't as retarded as you make yours out to be. But then again you're probably not in one since you don't think they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    You still have more then enough time to get 2 before you will actually be able to use it.
    This is not true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can't here without massive backlash. To avoid the exploit people would have had to stop playing after there first legendary.
    It's not about punishing people for exploiting. It's about resetting things to how they were supposed to be.
    Surely these players would feel betrayed and pissed off and rightfully so. But that's how many others are feeling now.
    The damage is done. It can only be confined. No way to please everyone anymore.

And taking Legendaries out of the equation would even the playing ground way more than leaving everything be.

Actually fixing the bug and letting everyone who profitted from it off the hook is the worst thing they could do. Because as stated several times this created a small elite that those not lucky enough to get their hands on orange will have no way of catching up to, probably for the rest of this expansion.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-09-16 at 02:17 PM.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't affect people that have ZERO legendaries, only people with 1<

Deleted
    This is disgusting, blizzard needs to remove every legendaries beyond the 1 or block them for like 2 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    Treasures can't drop legendaries, any link between treasures and legendary drop chances are far fetched. I know lots of people that picked up all the treasures and people who don't care about them. Neither have lengendaries.
    Apparently they can drop them.
    https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_fea3...20a33b-png.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ken_isles_can/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Not really an exploit though is it?