Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    world quests scale with your gear. which is good, because otherwise nobody would do them at a certain point. cry alone pls

Deleted
    It's not that we haven't had welfare epics throughout the last few expansion, so I don't even really care if there are more

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Hm, mine was blue. Why is yours purple?
    Because the op already has a 835 plus ilevel that is how the better gear starts showing up in world quests with a chance to proc up to 850. But one has to do the work to already be 835 to even get those as the drops scale to ones gear. The better the gear you have the better reward almost as if it was done purposely to keep the world quests realavant who would of thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I thought they scaled rewards somewhat in relation to what ilvl you already have. Or does a freshly signed 110 see a 835 reward directly?
    It does one needs a 835 or better I level to get that item and then it has a chance to maybe proc to 850.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Consider the alternatives to get a iLEvel 845 helm:

1. Grind mythic dungeons, each taking 30-45 minutes, with just a statistical chance to get an item.
    2. Grind over 15 world quests for order resources to buy the 500 gold class hall helm and upgrade it to iLevel 840.
    3. Catch some squirrels and nuts in less than 5 minutes time.

How rewarding does 1 feel after doing 3? How stupid does it feel having put all the time and resources into 2 after doing 3?
    mythics are an absolute faceroll, no harder than collecting squirrels.
    maybe mythic +, but mythic right now is the new 'heroic'...

world quests were originally capped at a base of 835, this is BEFORE warforging/titanforging. PvP seems to be following their own system that caps at a base of 840.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    heres a thought go solo the damn boss's your self seeing as you think they are welfare epics

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Just awesome. Thanks Blizzard.
    Is this a thread that has been bumped from 2008 or something?

Sorry, whinging about "Welfare Epix!!!!!1111!!!" went out with rick-rolling. You are no longer allowed to complain about it. Double-super especially when the item is actually kind of crap, and only "technically" purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Y...es? Shit like this is what people have been doing in WoW since level 1. When was the last time you leveled a character?
    Epic items since level 1?

In vanilla, epic items were not handed so easily.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Epic items since level 1?

In vanilla, epic items were not handed so easily.
    What are you talking about? Vanilla has epic items down to a fairly low level. They were rare drops, sure, but I saw plenty of stuff like Deadman's Hand back in the day.

Hell, at level 57, I had about three epics on my first character to reach that level.

Deleted
    The thing that pisses me off the most is the fact that i get tank items on a DPS character even though my loot spec is on DPS....

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In all seriousness, catching those squirrels on a high-pop or PvP realm could be quite the challenge compared to mythic dungeons. With the right gear and group, you can steam through mythics as if they were nothing. The only issue with mythics are randoms through the group finder.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Anyone who truly cares about what other people are getting and how they're getting it in a world with limitless resources truly has some sort of borderline personality disorder.

In the real world it makes sense to care about what other people have or are getting and how they're getting it because there's a finite amount of stuff, but in WoW there is a limitless number of epics that will be produced ad infinitum, so it makes no logical sense to care how someone acquires them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    People still thinking that the purple colour means it's more powerful? Newsflash: it hasn't since TBC, when they changed the formulae on how powerful an item is based on ilvl. Only a handful of items circumvented this back then.

In short: Ilvl > colour.
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What are you talking about? Vanilla has epic items down to a fairly low level. They were rare drops, sure, but I saw plenty of stuff like Deadman's Hand back in the day.

Hell, at level 57, I had about three epics on my first character to reach that level.
    Rare drops and a simple quest everybody can have where you just need to collect nuts and squirrels are two different things.

Deleted
    Raiding isnt for everybody. After they destroyed 25 man raiding at least this is something I hope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They cap at 850. You can't get higher than that from the world quests as far as I know.

It's about the only way to get to 810 anyway. Normal dungeons only get you to 805 unless you're super lucky with WF drops, and not everyone can craft or afford crafted gear. WQ's let you gear up some of your alts easily and help your main settle into mythics and upcoming raids. I like it.
    When raids open you can get 895, but the chances of that happening is more rare than MMO not having a cry thread every single day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Rare drops and a simple quest everybody can have where you just need to collect nuts and squirrels are two different things.
    That quest that rewards you for picking up nuts and squirrels only rewards you this highly if you already have a high gear score. Back when I just hit level 110 and started WQs none of the gear was higher than 805. After going through mythics and at my current ilvl of 849 the gear in the WQs tends to be around 835-840. I only go after things like relics or the occasional piece, and then I have to HOPE for an upgrade.

The only way people are only going to be gearing for raids/mythic+ with the WQ system is if they get optimal pieces each time loot is offered, they do it every day constantly, and even then it's going to take them a LONG time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    interesting.

So once you start gatting normal/heroic raid gear (maybe even LFR), will the world quest lose their appeal? at least for gear, since there is always AP.
    The gear ones aren't particularly useful for me now since most of my gear is at that level or higher, so I skip them. I go mostly for rep, AP, and gold.

Deleted
    I'm sure it's been said already, but the OP made a fool of himself. The rewards on world quests scale with your ilvl. He sees an epic 835 there, but another person will see a blue 820 or an 805 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    mythics are an absolute faceroll, no harder than collecting squirrels.
    maybe mythic +, but mythic right now is the new 'heroic'...
    Not everyone is a boss. And not everyone does mythics at ilevel 840+. I started at 817 equipped (in a group of 830-840 chars that needed lots of healing).

Hey, I'm not complaining about the easy to get stuff. The easier (less time consuming) the better. Just don't wonder if my incentive goes down to go into dungeons that need 30-45 minutes continuous time investment. Suits me well, but I still feel like there is a stark disparity between getting resources and dungeon equipment vs. getting items directly from single WQ. More solo play in a "massive" multi-player environment it is then.