Deleted

Please help fix my Ret DPS!

So, no matter how much I try, how well I feel like I play, I can't consistently get anywhere above 140k DPS as Ret. And that's on a completely static target!

I know I need to replace Writhing Heart of Darkness, because it's more of a tanking trinket. I also need to get some 840 relics (two are 830), but most of all replace the 805 relic.

Even so, I think I'm doing something very wrong and I need to figure out what it is, so I can improve it. If my gear doesn't need much changing, it's my rotation that needs fixing. If it's neither and just Ret being shit, not much I can do.

Here's my armory profile
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ADua/simple

Thanks for any advice

i got 840 gear with 7% haste, no golden trait and i get around 200k dps with a 835 weapon. So i guess it's your rotation. You could try to improve it a with a nice wa: https://wago.io/VJ68LVvwb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    i got 840 gear with 7% haste, no golden trait and i get around 200k dps with a 835 weapon. So i guess it's your rotation. You could try to improve it a with a nice wa: https://wago.io/VJ68LVvwb
    200k with 7% haste and an 835 weapon? respectable what do you pull single target?

@OP Clozers tip regarding the WAs is good. as for your gear don´t socket vers replace it with a haste gem. try to enchant the rest of your gear with at least the small enchants. depending your servers economy they should be affordable. Regarding your second trinket I would recommend to build a WA that will tell you when the proc is upso you can start moving for maximum effect.

Deleted
    Yeah I thought it'd have to be that Thanks! I will try it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    200k with 7% haste and an 835 weapon? respectable what do you pull single target?

@OP Clozers tip regarding the WAs is good. as for your gear don´t socket vers replace it with a haste gem. try to enchant the rest of your gear with at least the small enchants. depending your servers economy they should be affordable. Regarding your second trinket I would recommend to build a WA that will tell you when the proc is upso you can start moving for maximum effect.
    Yeah the gem was a remnant from my tank spec.
    It's fairly easy to spot because you become very big when it procs.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried it out in a heroic and depending on the situation I was between 150-180k now. It's an improvement for sure, but if you can do 200k I'm wondering what's wrong on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Simcraft says around 260k with 842 gear ST. I'm still far away from that. It's the weapon level and the missing haste but can't change that.

Also i noticed that my Blessing of Might is often about 12% of my dps, shouldn't it be around 7?
    Last edited by Clozer; 2016-09-16 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Simcraft says around 260k with 842 gear ST. I'm still far away from that. It's the weapon level and the missing haste but can't change that.

Also i noticed that my Blessing of Might is often about 12% of my dps, shouldn't it be around 7?
    I'm working my ass off and I can barely hit 170k, at 842, with that WeakAura helping me. I reach haste cap with food buff. I guess I lack crit.
    At the end of a Mythic Blackrock, my DPS was 220k. So this has really helped me, thank you!
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-09-16 at 08:44 PM.

I can't see how this is possible.

With no golden trait that means you're not even getting the 5 HP from your Wake of Ashes. Could I see your armory?

Deleted
    I don't usually comment here because it seems like Ret topics have a few guys that come in and shit on everything, but here's my advice from someone that was in a similar situation:

- Drop Divine Purpose for Crusade, with your gear + haste and you shouldn't have a problem getting the 15 stacks and some insane damage. The rotation is WoA > Judgement > Crusade > TV > CS > TV and then maintain Judgement and build to TV. As Crusade ends, keep an eye on WoA as you can bop it and a Justicars Vengeance (the only time to use it with Crusade) before Crusade ends.
    - Run Heroic/Mythic Halls of Valor and Vault of the Wardens until you get either Faulty Countermeasure or Horn of Valor, both are god tier for Ret when combined with Crusade. Sort out an easy macro that'll pop the two of them at once. Countermeasure is particuarly insane, sometimes my 3rd most damage comes from it.
    - Make sure to store Holy Power and spend at 5, maintain Judgement at all times, shouldn't be a problem with your haste. You'll drop down meters the longer the fight goes because we're a burst class atm, it's just how it goes.
    - Shield of Vengeance is a great pop at the start of Crusade I find. Most bosses have something you can soak damage with early and by the time it pops you should have close to, if not 15 stacks of Crusade.

I'm 848 on my Ret and usually burst 230k+ at least with that set up, easily over 300k with TW. Assuming your other DPS are doing similar, you'll kill most Mythic bosses shortly after everyones burst ends. God knows how we'll hold up in raids, but this works for most Mythic Dungeons.