Apparently they can drop them.
    https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_fea3...20a33b-png.jpg
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ken_isles_can/

- - - Updated - - -

Not really an exploit though is it?
    no time stamps, what does it proof?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Interesting, normally Blizzard removes loot/etc acquired via exploits even if it was unintentional.
    Pretty sure they are absolutely jnable to make a difference between a "regular RNG-ish" loot and the ones coming from the bug.
    Solution would be to delete all the non-first legendaries maybe. But that is gonna be hell of shitload of work to analyze every player's activity to determine which legs to take out from the bags. Not sure they'll ever get into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't affect people that have ZERO legendaries, only people with 1<
    On a pure "coding analysis", yes.
    In reality, the bug generates a monster-gap between players with none and players with 24-slot bag full of legs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLite View Post
    On a pure "coding analysis", yes.
    In reality, the bug generates a monster-gap between players with none and players with 24-slot bag full of legs.
    I'd be happy to get one, but yeah I understand what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this doesn't affect people that have ZERO legendaries, only people with 1<
    It affects them because there are people who got lucky and now have not only 2 but sometimes 3.

By "fixing it" not only are they still waiting for their first, but their chance is now less to get their second and third... meanign it's going to be a LONG time before they get theirs.. while people who lucked out on their first, got blessed with 2nd and third already due to bug.. will enjoy the next couple months or more with choice and 2 legs equipped sooner.

When I first heard about these I thought great! We can go out and grind for hours till we get the one we want. Instead.. it's completely RNG and seems like only from Emissary chests and dungeons...

Blizz has truly lost touch with MMO game development. Total incompetency.

The sky is not falling down.

1) The percentage of people with double/triple legs is so tiny, there is not a chance that legendaries will be used to bar your entry into random EN pugs. Will it affect decision making for hardcore raiding guilds? Potentially - but that's too small of a percent of a playerbase.

2) Removing these extra legendaries from people would be a PR suicide for Blizzard, so it will never happen. Why? Because it is impossible for them to find out who got their 2nd leg because of a bug and who got it due to RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's not fair and they shouldn't do anything about it either. Just fix the bug and move on.

If you were one of the lucky few then great for you. Buffing the rate or taking them away would just be worse.
    Agreed. I didn't get any and I can understand how unfair it might sound, but ultimately it's still capped at one single legendary for a bit. So I just think that they should fix it and go on with their business.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    No, it's not worse, it's worse if they dont do anything, cause people with 0 wil be months behind for THE ENTIRE EXPANSION.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Imagine a race where, mid-race, the organizers find out that those ahead are using a shortcut to go even faster.

What do they do, instead of letting everyone take the shortcut they didn't plan, just to be fair to everyone? They block it, thus widening the gap even more between those in front and those who trail behind...

Which is a pretty stupid decision if you ask me.

Ideally, after months of testing, there would be no shortcuts. Say what you will about the gameplay of Legion, but as far as programming goes, Bliz sucks, major balls (especially when I compare it to FFXIV, who runs on a smaller team, with fewer resources, and the bugs and downtime and emergency maintenances, etc. in that game are virtually non-existent compared to WoW...)

At the very least don't fix the bug, as strange as this may sound. Because right now, the people who don't play 24/7 or those who weren't lucky enough to benefit from the bug because they didn't their first legendary in time are the ones getting "punished".
    As I understand it, you can only equip 1 legendary anyway. It's not like the people who got 2 wouldn't have gotten their first one anyways. Their advantage is that they get to choose the better of the two to use, which is really no different to how it would have been if that had been the one that dropped in the first place.

I get that it can feel annoying. But really it's just your own FOMO. Stuff like this happens in this game all the time. The only difference is most of the time it's because of normal RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    As I understand it, you can only equip 1 legendary anyway. It's not like the people who got 2 wouldn't have gotten their first one anyways. Their advantage is that they get to choose the better of the two to use, which is really no different to how it would have been if that had been the one that dropped in the first place.

I get that it can feel annoying. But really it's just your own FOMO. Stuff like this happens in this game all the time. The only difference is most of the time it's because of normal RNG.
    The thing is not that simple, while it's true you can have only 1 atm being able to chose which one you are going to use is a huge thing + not to mention that after they got their 1st they had higher chances of getting 2nd than a person who doesn't have any getting his 1st and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well those with 1,2 or even 3 Legendaries kind of have the "advantage" they no longer need that Legendary, so will have a higher chance at getting one they don't have yet, resulting in them getting their BiS one (if they don't have it already).
    Funny though how bugs like this can happen and it's always the same people gaining benefit from it.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    It's not as if this is what a beta is for. Shouldn't have had a vendor selling them, simple as that...
    Beta can't find a problem in a system that wasn't added. The duplicate protection system (WHICH EVERYONE KEEPS FORGETTING ABOUT) wasn't added till a week after launch.

Man, this thread must be filled with americans to be this fuckint stupid. You didny think it was bugged in the first place, and now blizzard says its fixed and you're still going with "its just rng" even when people get multiple legendaries. Man, i wish i were as stupidly non analytical as you, life must be so much simpler.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-16 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Man, this thread must be filled with americans to be this fuckint stupid. You didny think it was bugged in the first place, and now blizzard says its fixed and you're still going with "its just rng" even when people get multiple legendaries. Man, i wish i were as stupidly non analytical as you, life must be so much simpler.
    TBF, it still was RNG, just much much more heavily favored if you got one already.

i have 7 legendaries.

i require people who i group with to have at least 3.

i pug and report, getting the entire group to report people who join group without at least 3.

my dad is ceo of blizzard

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-16 at 07:36 PM.

Remove legendaries entirely.

And ban anyone who knowingly abused the bug perma.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Remove legendaries entirely.

And ban anyone who knowingly abused the bug perma.
    how does one abuse THIS bug? by not stopping all gameplay when they get a legendary. Special kind of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyndra View Post
    Great........ it was bugged all along how is this fair for the people that recieved 0 legendary drops until now have an even smaller chance of catching up to the luckers that got a second bugged legendary.
    It was bugged in that people that already had one drop had a higher chance for a second one to drop, that's it. It wasn't keeping people from getting one in the first place, just if you got one, chances are you'd get a second pretty fast.

The point is absolutely moot though, as even if they have two, they can only wear one for at least the next month or so, so really, stop your crying, because that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    2) Removing these extra legendaries from people would be a PR suicide for Blizzard, so it will never happen. Why? Because it is impossible for them to find out who got their 2nd leg because of a bug and who got it due to RNG.
    What? They have logs of every drop you get. It's not hard to do at all. If they want to take away the 2nd/3rd ones that dropped they would have zero issue doing so. And considering that getting ANY legendary, even old world ones, kicked the bug in and upped the chances of getting a current legendary, it's safe to assume that anyone who got a 2nd was affected by the bug

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    It was bugged in that people that already had one drop had a higher chance for a second one to drop, that's it. It wasn't keeping people from getting one in the first place, just if you got one, chances are you'd get a second pretty fast.

The point is absolutely moot though, as even if they have two, they can only wear one for at least the next month or so, so really, stop your crying, because that's all it is.
    Actually no that's not all it is ...

Some people have 4 legendarys right now. That means that even if we get 1, our odds of having our BiS ones aren't good. Where those people that have 3-4 probably already have their 2 BiS. So no ... not a moot point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Beta can't find a problem in a system that wasn't added. The duplicate protection system (WHICH EVERYONE KEEPS FORGETTING ABOUT) wasn't added till a week after launch.

Maybe if a system is so rare or can't be tested properly in a short time in the beta, it shouldn't be added until its properly tested.

Legendaries were a mistake, people kept pointing this out for months upon months. It's a cool system to try and its just one of the many things from diablo that won't work in WoW, it just won't.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-09-16 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    What? They have logs of every drop you get. It's not hard to do at all. If they want to take away the 2nd/3rd ones that dropped they would have zero issue doing so. And considering that getting ANY legendary, even old world ones, kicked the bug in and upped the chances of getting a current legendary, it's safe to assume that anyone who got a 2nd was affected by the bug
    You're not reading what I wrote - even if their drop rates were higher because of a bug, you can't (and Blizzard can't) prove that they wouldn't have gotten their 2nd legendary if the bug wasn't there.

Ergo, taking their legendaries away would be patently unfair.