Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    So the new baselane Flame Shock has a 6 sec CD on PTR - getting to level 13 unlocks the rank 2 Flame Shock (duration extended depending on the amount of maelstrom spent) - are we getting the beloved CD back?

- - - Updated - - -

It's what they are doing with levelling. With each spec having so few abilities, levelling feels dull when you unlock a spell every 10+ levels. So they have broken the spells up into ranks and introduce a shitty version early on while allowing you to unlock the rank 2 at higher levels. 3-target CL is a baselane spell while at level 70 you get the rank 2 version that hits up to 5 targets. The joy.
    its prob the usual weird wording combined with resto's flame shock information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I don't believe they have started tuning changes on the ptr yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close. You either didn't play Ele much when WoD launched, or you're really undergeared on your Ele currently. We are by no means perfect, but to say that we're in a broken state anywhere close to what we were in early WoD is hyperbole.

And yes, I have a similarly geared Balance Druid to compare my shaman to.
    wod and legion have a lot of similarities for elemental, problems that was brought to attention from alpha/beta in a very vocal manor carried over to live, only to be "fixed" patch after patch after patch

Not even close. You either didn't play Ele much when WoD launched, or you're really undergeared on your Ele currently. We are by no means perfect, but to say that we're in a broken state anywhere close to what we were in early WoD is hyperbole.

I did not say Elemental Shaman is broken. I said, we are in the same situation and that's quite right - the same issues, the same problems like in WoD - AoE ramp up time, the issues with Earthquake, the laughable damage on LB, the mobility... sure, it's not as bad as it was in WoD. But the situation is very similar to what we experienced in the first months of WoD.

Numerically, on a single target, we're not nearly as bad as we were at WoD launch.

That said, the spec certainly feels a lot worse to play than it did back then. Having so much of our damage overloaded into cooldowns (particularly FE, which has almost no interaction with your character), and having such low contribution during AoE/cleave is really not as fun as the WoD model was, to me (even before the BRF change to enhanced CL, the HM design was at least interesting and made EQ usable).

Hopefully Blizzard at least addresses some of our concerns. We don't need massive number tuning, just adjustments so that we aren't such one-trick ponies.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2016-09-15 at 06:03 PM.

So to clarify, does anyone know if they are adding a cooldown to flame shock again, or is that just the low level, Rank 1 version? That would be a pretty big nerf if the former...

How do you feel about balance vs ele?

I ask because my guild wants me to go ele(and I want to go resto), while they want one of our druids to go resto(and he wants balance). Their logic is that balance sucks. I know my guild is terrible, but unfortunately due to raid times my options are limited. Just to clarify, balance dps is probably about the same as ele right? I've never been a big fan of the class thing, I've always believe the player is more important than the class.

Deleted
    You either didn't play Ele much when WoD launched, or you're really undergeared on your Ele currently. We are by no means perfect, but to say that we're in a broken state anywhere close to what we were in early WoD is hyperbole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I did not say Elemental Shaman is broken. I said, we are ....
    I fix that for you -> im saying ELEMENTAL SHAMAN IS BROKEN!! here, i did it. I maybe hyperbole but that is what i think atm, with gear what my character has at the moment in current spot in wow spacetime - it is broken. Because I want to play elemental but im playing enhancement instead when dpsing (because it is so much easyer), and i don't like it. It can be god spec soon™, but atm it is broken for me, personally, in my opinion, that's how i feel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post

I ask because my guild wants me to go ele(and I want to go resto), while they want one of our druids to go resto(and he wants balance). Their logic is that balance sucks. I know my guild is terrible, but unfortunately due to raid times my options are limited. Just to clarify, balance dps is probably about the same as ele right? I've never been a big fan of the class thing, I've always believe the player is more important than the class.
    Balance > Elemental in general but Elemental > Balance when you just favor the CDs (Elemental with CDs is for ~ 20-30 seconds some kind of god mode but besides the CDs underperforming).

The big advantage of Balance is the mobility. Ele Shaman's have literally zero damage during mobility while Moonkins have 2(3) DoTs and their consumers are both instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooji View Post
    I have switched from Ele to Moonkin too, after levelling my Ele first and finding it really bad and then levelled my Boomkin. For pure short term burst(around a minute while standing still) my Ele outperforms my Boomkin by a decent margin, but for ANY other situation my boomkin is wastly more effective and a lot more fun. It simply feels like Boomkin is much more adaptable on the fly and much more capable.

The silver lining to Ele being as bad as it is, is that Blizz will have to do something drastic to the class. To me it looks like we need an entire revamp of the spec, which is unlikely at this stage and then theres really only one emergency tool left for them, to salvage it; LB on the move(yes, I'm actually starting to think this is possible).

On the other hand, Resto Shaman is in a pretty good spot and I actually prefer that, over my Resto Druid. But both are a lot of fun and both work really well in all situations.

Atm elemental is the worst DPS spec in Wow. Overall we need huge changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    The silver lining to Ele being as bad as it is, is that Blizz will have to do something drastic to the class. To me it looks like we need an entire revamp of the spec, which is unlikely at this stage and then theres really only one emergency tool left for them, to salvage it; LB on the move(yes, I'm actually starting to think this is possible).
    I like your optimism, but tbh I'm not holding my breath...

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I like your optimism, but tbh I'm not holding my breath...
    Neither am I - but one can always hope

But is it that far fetched? I realize that the Devs have specificly said it won't happen, but that never stopped them before and at the moment I think it's one of the few changes that would make the spec bareable, without huge sweeping changes(which just won't happen at this point). And its not like its overpowered, seeing the low dmg on LB.

Deleted
    Treu, I'm with you, there is still hope left in me. But not much and not for anything worthwhile this expansion. No revamp and probably no LB OTM (IIRC devs thoroughly disliked that). Best case scenario for Legion is blanket dmg increase, which will manage the symptom (sort off) without actually curing the ailment.
    Here's hoping for something decent in 8.0

The big advantage of Balance is the mobility. Ele Shaman's have literally zero damage during mobility while Moonkins have 2(3) DoTs and their consumers are both instant.
    ...zero damage huh. You might want to turn down that hyperbole. All 3 maelstrom spenders are instant (and you can spam flameshock even with zero maelstrom) and you have lava surge procs making Lava Burst instant. How is that any less "mobile damage" than boomkin?

PS the 3rd dot you listed for Balance has a cast time, so you would be using it during movement.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-09-16 at 01:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    ...zero damage huh. You might want to turn down that hyperbole. All 3 maelstrom spenders are instant (and you can spam flameshock even with zero maelstrom) and you have lava surge procs making Lava Burst instant. How is that any less "mobile damage" than boomkin?

PS the 3rd dot you listed for Balance has a cast time, so you would be using it during movement.
    A lot of people don't seem to know what the word 'literally' actually means... It's sad but at least you spelled it out for him

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

Yes, literally zero damage compared to other classes that can deliver damage during mobility phases. All 3 Maelstrom spenders are instant? You need Maelstrom to cast them, right? Can you produce Maelstrom while running? No (besides Lava Surge procs). So Lava Surge is left, a totally random mechanic for an instant cast during mobility - sounds right. No, it doesn't. And sure we can spam Flame Shock, that's what I call "damage".

And you're right, Stellar Flare has a cast time but a duration of 24 seconds so you can easily cast it before you need to move around.

So as a Shaman you have:

- Flame Shock spam (+ its DoT)
    - Lava Surge procs
    - Maybe Icefury but most likely you don't use this talent

As Moonkin you have:

- Moonfire / Sunfire / (Stellar Flare if taken)
    - Starsurge
    - Starfall
    - Chance of getting an instant cast when being attacked
    - Ressource generation during movement phases
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-09-16 at 03:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, literally zero damage compared to other classes that can deliver damage during mobility phases. All 3 Maelstrom spenders are instant? You need Maelstrom to cast them, right? Can you produce Maelstrom while running? No (besides Lava Surge procs). So Lava Surge is left, a totally random mechanic for an instant cast during mobility - sounds right. No, it doesn't. And sure we can spam Flame Shock, that's what I call "damage".

And you're right, Stellar Flare has a cast time but a duration of 24 seconds so you can easily cast it before you need to move around.

So as a Shaman you have:

- Lava Surge procs

As Moonkin you have:

- Moonfire / Sunfire / (Stellar Flare if taken but right now it's the best ST talent in that row)
    - Starsurge
    - Starfall
    You mean't "comparatively" zero damage compared to other classes.... Making things bold type doesn't make you right and yes I'm the grammar police :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ollz113 View Post
    You mean't "comparatively" zero damage compared to other classes.... Making things bold type doesn't make you right and yes I'm the grammar police :P
    No, I meant literally (that's why I said it) to emphasize how bad Elemental Shaman damage during movement is (=Hyperbole). Because it is bad. Really bad.

Sure if you think Flame Shock spam is something that could be named "damage" I'm wrong, but...

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I meant literally (that's why I said it) to emphasize how bad Elemental Shaman damage during movement is (=Hyperbole). Because it is bad. Really bad.

Sure if you think Flame Shock spam is something that could be named "damage" I'm wrong, but...
    Yeah it's terrible. I'm just being awkward because that's what I do.

I for one hope they do two simple changes:

1) LB while moving
    2) Change overload to 100% damage

Any other buffs would be mana from heaven....

I know this is a PvE related forum but if I may just put one thing out there. Elemental shaman are actually only a few tweaks away from being really good in 3v3 arena. Control + burst window comps like warrior/ele/x and especially rogue/ele/x will be exceptionally good if big damage buffs come in for elemental because Ice Fury and Fulmination burst with cds is really really strong. If they made a change where overload affected all of our damaging abilities would this be too good?

LB crits for like 200k when im resto spec and like 190k when i am elemental... seems perfectly balanced to me... btw i love being elemental and casting some sick 45k lightening bolts.. man so much dps!

So as a Shaman you have:

- Lava Surge procs

As Moonkin you have:

- Moonfire / Sunfire / (Stellar Flare if taken but right now it's the best ST talent in that row)
    - Starsurge
    - Starfall
    Earth Shock? Earthen Rage? Fire Elemental? Earthquake? Stormkeeper? Gust of Wind?

Stop it with the blatant hyperbole. It adds nothing to the discussion.