Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I tried to explain nicely that if there was sharding for 110s you wouldn't be ganked by 110s. You chose to insult me as you chose to walk into a zone that you was unprepared to handle. You got what you had coming. Now you can feel gated from parts of the game and certain spots on maps will give you nightmares. Thats fine by me not everyone is entitled to everything and not everyone is capable of accomplishing everything. If five minutes of pvp (that doesn't even have to happen if players arent there which largely depends on time etc) is too much for you then its not my problem buddy.

Im at a pvp server and I live and breathe for these quests. As I also enjoy all the pve game makes me do to stay relevant in pvp. I don't see how its MY problem that YOU can't handle the game. Life gives me a lemon I make lemonade. Life gives you a lemon and all you are capable of is sour posts. Bah bye.

- - - Updated - - -

So one tiny portion of a map dedicated to completely controlled pvp/pve is in direct analogy with pvpers having to grind mythics day in day out just to be relevant in BGs?

We used to have our own gear (which was shit btw in comparison to what pvers got) and getting it from BGs/arenas. Now we get gear from mythics because guess what gear from BGs sucks hard. Even getting AP sucks. Unless you wanna level artifact with 6 AP tokens.

What Im saying is, me personally and the playerbase around me (pvp server) ADAPT. We say fine instead of BGs we go mythics. Pve players have their game going for them and feel gated by 3 quests total out of 30 available at any time.

I hope you can see the difference here saying that "pvp was forced on you" makes me rofl. You can skip it and its bound to completely bad to average rewards. Tough luck for me I have to level 2 artifacts just to play pvp.

Your answer for everything is to skip it or do it later but isn't that forcing someone to play in a way they don't want to? What can't you see here anything but your own problem that now pvpers need to do pve to gear up. You know why that is right? Because of the forced pvp they can't have someone fully conquest geared up destroying players who don't pvp when they happen to get forced flagged for quests and such. So like I told you before this forced pvp has screwed you pvpers over too. It is bad for all and has people with a bad taste in their mouth on both sides getting it now?

Finally you choose to be on a pvp server where pvp happens and you leave areas or do things later when a ganker is around. But someone that has chosen to be on a pve server and might have for that very reason now has lost that choice. The exact reason I left the pvp server I was on was due to the fact I didn't want to be ganked when I was trying to level, do things like archeology etc... I don't find it fun for my game play to be hyjacked by some pvp hero. Pvp is fun when I choose to do it not when one is forced to do it.

How is pve for you now that you are forced into doing it? Not fun is it.
    By your logic it isn't forced as you can still hear thru world quests and battle grounds right? Just to be top notch it is and maybe having an oblivium forge is being top notch to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    The world quests with the swords crossed? Yeah, those are for pvpers. Don't do those. If you do them, that's your fault. There are PLENTY of other ways to get AP. Again, the WC with the swords crossed are for PVPers. Do not walk into a PVP zone and then complain pvp happened. That's like walking into a steakhouse and getitng upset there are no vegan options.

You're allowed to not like pvp, that's fine. But when you complain about pvp happening, in one of the very few designated pvp areas, you sound like one who has must be coddled at all times. And please drop the "forced". The way WC are setup, you get 100% AP from the playstyle of your choosing. The rewards are high because that's how strict pvpers acquire their AP. Just like how you don't like pvp, other people don't enjoy pve.

What you want (again, not forced) is additional AP ON TOP of what you already acquired from your desired playstyle. Which can only happen if you venture into a different playstyle. One you might not like. So the CHOICE is up to you whether or not the AP.
    You do know before some one is 110 and opened world quests those pvp zones are not marked on the map.
    So if one is exploring around, trying to figure a way to a quest or see say an archeology dig site and walk into them they get flagged.
    And if some 110s are hanging out there waiting for this one can and does get ganked.
    I don't think people from pvp servers realize how pvp works on pve servers.
    Pvp heroes on pve servers are always looking for ways to force flag people and get easy kills. They love to corpse camp and generally make themselves a giant pain in the ass.
    Like the timeless island where one could force flag and attack thier own faction they loved that. They would sit stealthed on dead mobs like the rares hoping ones aoe or clicking to loot the boss would force flag them.
    Now blizz has given them another way to annoy players.
    This is after supposedly giving the players the ability to turn pvp off. Yet once again here they are overriding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    I am forced to enter unknown PVP areas to quest.
    No you are not. You're never forced to go into a PvP area during questing.

Coming from a person who gets super salty when people gank me during WQs: get over it, or avoid PvP world quests/outdoor areas. If you're doing every WQ every day then you're trying too hard and are going to burn yourself out on this game real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    thats what you have "artifact research for" *sigh* plz keep out of things you can't argue about or have no clue about :S

- - - Updated - - -

Well you are loosing out on alot of AP then if you skip them, so if you want to be competetive, forget it if you are like the OP of this thread :P

PvP is not "forced". If you don't want to do the PvP, don't. As a matter of fact if you want to MAXIMIZE your AP gains and you are talking extremes as you said earlier, then doing back to back dungeon runs is by far the most efficient way to do that. Doing world quests for AP items falls behind considerably. A good group can clear out a Dungeon in 6-10 minutes and have no travel time. So not only are the PvP objectives NOT forced, in the extreme environment you were speaking of it's even less effective than just doing dungeons runs. So no the OP is not correct. Encouraged? Out side of your extreme example, sure it's "encouraged". That is NOT the same as forced. However if you aren't being super competitive then missing out on the few 200 AP items won't affect you in any meaningful way. Again if you are being super competitive then doing the PvP world quests is a sub par way of getting AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you want to progress through professions you're probably screwed.

And then there's the flag the gets up while on a taxied flightpath...(wtf?)

Blizz is trolling the PvE crowd.
    I PVP. I'm on a PVE server. I'm a healer, so I can't really bang, but I'll hop in no problem probably 75% of the time, but when you get flagged WHILE FLYING... WTF is that shit, really though, WHAT THE FUCK, cuz if I'm pouring more jin in my juice, i liable to pop back to a corpse sitting at the FP.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I agree with you 100%. And, the opposite is true, if you don't want to pve, you shouldn't be forced to do so for an edge in pvp. The question is, is entering a pvp zone to do a quest for something necessary for progression or is it optional? I gotta believe the latter is the truth.

the ap gain from battlegrounds is nearly none existent, as for pvp wq, don't like to pvp dont' do them, there are plenty of none pvp wq with ap tokens, and if you run out them work on your surmar quests cause I doubt you are 11/11 for the story, and by the slim chance you are run a dungeon

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to explain nicely that if there was sharding for 110s you wouldn't be ganked by 110s. You chose to insult me
    My comment was directed at the other 95% of what you wrote which clearly demonstrates that you didn't have any understanding of what my little gripe was about. If you'd left your comment after suggesting sharding it would have been palatable. But instead you chose to spend the rest of your post being rather derogatory towards me. I am not sure what you expected in response? "Oh yes sure your awesomeness mr Motorman, I realise now that I was a total moron and utterly deserved what I had coming to me. In face I should probably just turn in my mouse now because I am nothing but a noob PvE scumbag who is cancer to this game".

as you chose to walk into a zone that you was unprepared to handle. You got what you had coming.
    WTF are you even talking about? Yes, I certainly did walk into a zone that I was unprepared to handle. And yes I did it by choice as in I commanded my character to walk there. But I did it out of blissful ignorance. Not because I am retard but because it was so totally unexpected, which basically boils down to a problem with the design.

Now you can feel gated from parts of the game and certain spots on maps will give you nightmares. Thats fine by me not everyone is entitled to everything and not everyone is capable of accomplishing everything. If five minutes of pvp (that doesn't even have to happen if players arent there which largely depends on time etc) is too much for you then its not my problem buddy.
    Five minutes of PvP isn't a problem for me. But not when I am levelling through a low level zone on a PvE server and there is no indication that I am about to step into a trap. This sort of thing seems totally what PvP servers are for, and if I was on a PvP server I would be fine with it. But this really did need to be a bit better designed for PvE realms.

Im at a pvp server and I live and breathe for these quests. As I also enjoy all the pve game makes me do to stay relevant in pvp. I don't see how its MY problem that YOU can't handle the game. Life gives me a lemon I make lemonade. Life gives you a lemon and all you are capable of is sour posts. Bah bye.
    Not really. This is a thread discussing the inherent problem with world PvP on PvE realms, so I shared my personal anecdote. You're the one who decided to react by getting all deragatory at everyone who had the audicity to not enjoy the game you do.

I get it, really I do. You feel that the content you enjoy is under threat. But it seems to me it is you who is blowing the situation out of proportion because I don't see people requesting that PvP content be remove. What people actually seem to be saying is that on a PvE realm, people who don't want to participate in PvP should be given a reasonable option to opt out.

Because the fact is that the experiences of many players has been that it is not set up this way. The game seems to be trying to actively ambush us with PvP when we don't really want to do it. And to make matters worse, there are scum sucking bottom feeders on every server waiting with glee for opportunities like this to grief other players.

Is it the end of the world? No of course not. It's a relatively minor annoyance. Could it be better? Yes of course. And really, it should be ok to discuss these things on a forum without someone who is going to overreact out of fear that someone is going to come and take away your precious world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Your answer for everything is to skip it or do it later but isn't that forcing someone to play in a way they don't want to? What can't you see here anything but your own problem that now pvpers need to do pve to gear up. You know why that is right? Because of the forced pvp they can't have someone fully conquest geared up destroying players who don't pvp when they happen to get forced flagged for quests and such. So like I told you before this forced pvp has screwed you pvpers over too. It is bad for all and has people with a bad taste in their mouth on both sides getting it now?

Finally you choose to be on a pvp server where pvp happens and you leave areas or do things later when a ganker is around. But someone that has chosen to be on a pve server and might have for that very reason now has lost that choice. The exact reason I left the pvp server I was on was due to the fact I didn't want to be ganked when I was trying to level, do things like archeology etc... I don't find it fun for my game play to be hyjacked by some pvp hero. Pvp is fun when I choose to do it not when one is forced to do it.

How is pve for you now that you are forced into doing it? Not fun is it.
    By your logic it isn't forced as you can still hear thru world quests and battle grounds right? Just to be top notch it is and maybe having an oblivium forge is being top notch to me.

- - - Updated - - -
    Stop saying forced, it's such a misnomer. Encouraged. Promoted. Suggested. Guided. Steered. Blizzard really wants you too. All this is correct. Attach "unfairly" to the beginning of all those to give them the correct connotation if you like. Forced simply isn't the correct terminology here.

I don't count the taxi flag up btws. I think that is likely an oversight or a bug. But I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Hexxidecimal; 2016-09-16 at 03:58 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know before some one is 110 and opened world quests those pvp zones are not marked on the map.
    So if one is exploring around, trying to figure a way to a quest or see say an archeology dig site and walk into them they get flagged.
    And if some 110s are hanging out there waiting for this one can and does get ganked.
    Apparently this is all our fault. Go figure.

Pvp heroes on pve servers are always looking for ways to force flag people and get easy kills. They love to corpse camp and generally make themselves a giant pain in the ass.
    Like the timeless island where one could force flag and attack thier own faction they loved that. They would sit stealthed on dead mobs like the rares hoping ones aoe or clicking to loot the boss would force flag them.
    This is after supposedly giving the players the ability to turn pvp off. Yet once again here they are overriding it.
    I don't think it was intentional. Probably an oversight. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

The problem I see here:

You could easily argue for having sharding between 100-109 and then 110 alone. Obviously 110 players have different priorities so it wouldn't hurt to keep them separate.
    No. I disagree. That is not the issue as I see it.

Thing is, you complain about things "forced" on you (very abusive btw to use this word people who have actually been forced in life would laugh in your face but anyway). Let me ask you: At 106 you had nothing better to do than finish your archaeology? Like you couldnt switch area for 10 min or go quest next door and come back or anything? No. You were DETERMINED to do your archaeology right there and then. You chose to tunnel vision and paid the price. Then you probably realized that your dedicated pve server decided to take a pvp break. Ground breaking? Not really.
    The issue is putting PvE objectives in a PvP area. People could ignore it and do else where. But that is neither the issue nor a solution. It is why a PvE gameplay element is in a PvP area.

Each player plays their own way. Neither you nor I nor anyone else are in any position to dictate to others how they should be playing. If they want to do archaeology at 106, that is their choice.

You talked about others people complaining about being "forced" on them. They have the option to not do it, which is true. But so is your comment about coming back later or do something else is also considered to be "forcing" them to diverge from their personal objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it quite annoying as well. I won't even be questing but trying to take a shortcut to get somewhere and I'll get flagged because I was in a PvP zone for like 8 seconds. Now I'm awkwardly standing next to an Alliance player hoping he doesn't engage and start some kind of petty 1v1 when I'm just trying to get some quests done. If you want a PvP zone have a separate island or something for it don't put it in the middle of a main questing area.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I'm a pvper on a pve server, so yeah I'm aware. I'm also aware that a pvp area will notify you when you're entering a pvp area. I'm also aware that if someone is sitting there, waiting for PVErs to wander into a pvp section, you've either got some ridiculous scenario that MAYBE happens once every never, or you've got some extremely dedicated pvpers on your realm.

None of that matters of course because the fact is, PVP is going to happen on a PVE server. It's up to the PVEr to avoid combat zones if they have such an aversion to it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The funny thing is that the people complaining about having to do PVP on a PVE server for trivial amounts of AP should realize that they could power run a heroic in 10-15 minutes and get the same amount of AP/minute if your include travel time and have a higher chance at a legendary item compared to some of the PVP quests.... Especially the Arena ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Stop saying forced, it's such a misnomer. Encouraged. Promoted. Suggested. Guided. Steered. Blizzard really wants you too. All this is correct. Attach "unfairly" to the beginning of all those to give them the correct connotation if you like. Forced simply isn't the correct terminology here.

I don't count the taxi flag up btws. I think that is likely an oversight or a bug. But I could be wrong.
    If one is made to do something they don't want to do in call that forced. You can try to use other words but in the end a player on a pve server with pvp turned off can be and is forced into pvp this expansion. Can it be avoided? Yes but harder to do so while leveling when the forced pvp zones are not marked on the map.
    Also by not doing it one is getting less artifact power(which at least is a choice to do or not), missing out on archeology digs, not completing their profession quests and missing patterns as one npc in the sewers sells all the belt patterns and finally not getting thier oblivium forge not such a big deal for a main but clearly a huge catch up mechanic for an alt. If leaving all those things behind then yes it isn't forced.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    "Character progression and questing do not take place in these areas"

But thats actually not true :P If you hate PvP and you love PvE... You are missing out on alot of artifact power, wich IS NEEDED for Character progression Im talking about world quests. But i dont mind doing these myself, but you kinda are forced if you don't want to fall behind :P free AP atm is VERY important.
    no, you are wrong.

I'm a pvper on a pve server, so yeah I'm aware. I'm also aware that a pvp area will notify you when you're entering a pvp area. I'm also aware that if someone is sitting there, waiting for PVErs to wander into a pvp section, you've either got some ridiculous scenario that MAYBE happens once every never, or you've got some extremely dedicated pvpers on your realm.

None of that matters of course because the fact is, PVP is going to happen on a PVE server. It's up to the PVEr to avoid combat zones if they have such an aversion to it.

Really because I thought the option to turn off pvp would cover that or am I mistaken about that option? And the fact one chooses to be on a pve server too should factor in too. No pvp doesn't automatically happen on pve servers. Now it can but it should be a choice what is so hard for you to get.
    Finally waiting to gank players happens all the time on pve servers. Some players that is all they do is try to get people to flag themselves. Or haven't you seen the trap they do outside raids? Where one is flagged trying to get one to flag themselves and he has buddies hiding in wait. That has gone one for years and with cross realm doesn't matter what realm one is on that is always happening in front of raid zone ins.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is that when people talk about getting ganked while leveling on a PVP server it's all "Well if you don't like it, transfer to a PVE server!" yet when people on a PVE server talk about disliking that there are areas where you auto flag it's all "Well, it's not a big deal...". Make up your minds.

I ran into this in Stormheim last night. Annoying, but it was just one quest. What annoyed me MORE is that while trying to get to the quest area I ran into the hunter 'class hall' which apparently isn't instanced and it ported me back across the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I find it quite annoying as well. I won't even be questing but trying to take a shortcut to get somewhere and I'll get flagged because I was in a PvP zone for like 8 seconds. Now I'm awkwardly standing next to an Alliance player hoping he doesn't engage and start some kind of petty 1v1 when I'm just trying to get some quests done. If you want a PvP zone have a separate island or something for it don't put it in the middle of a main questing area.

Ah some one that gets it and knows how easy it is to be forced flagged. Maybe with flying this will be a nonissue but I have been flagged while in flight masters so who knows

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The funny thing is that when people talk about getting ganked while leveling on a PVP server it's all "Well if you don't like it, transfer to a PVE server!" yet when people on a PVE server talk about disliking that there are areas where you auto flag it's all "Well, it's not a big deal...". Make up your minds.

I ran into this in Stormheim last night. Annoying, but it was just one quest. What annoyed me MORE is that while trying to get to the quest area I ran into the hunter 'class hall' which apparently isn't instanced and it ported me back across the map.
    Call us Care Bears and go to a pve server and when on them and still able to be forced flagged oh it's no big deal. It is to me why I M not on a pvp server and convient that pvpers talk out of both sides of thier mouths.

- - - Updated - - -

The world quests with the swords crossed? Yeah, those are for pvpers. Don't do those. If you do them, that's your fault. There are PLENTY of other ways to get AP. Again, the WC with the swords crossed are for PVPers. Do not walk into a PVP zone and then complain pvp happened. That's like walking into a steakhouse and getitng upset there are no vegan options.

You're allowed to not like pvp, that's fine. But when you complain about pvp happening, in one of the very few designated pvp areas, you sound like one who has must be coddled at all times. And please drop the "forced". The way WC are setup, you get 100% AP from the playstyle of your choosing. The rewards are high because that's how strict pvpers acquire their AP. Just like how you don't like pvp, other people don't enjoy pve.

What you want (again, not forced) is additional AP ON TOP of what you already acquired from your desired playstyle. Which can only happen if you venture into a different playstyle. One you might not like. So the CHOICE is up to you whether or not the AP.
    You do know while questing those areas aren't marked on the map as one isn't elligable for world quests yet? So easy while exploring or trying to find one way to a quest to wander into them right?
    Nevermind archeology dig sites can be in them again leading someone into them.
    Fine if I am on a pvp server or if I choose to be flagged but on a pve server with pvp turned off it isn't fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    - You get a warning before you are flagged
    - You don't have to go into or through PvP zones to reach quest targets
    - PvE WQ rewards are almost always better than PvP WQ rewards
    - You remain flagged for only 5 minutes
    - You have access to a plethora of tools to remove yourself from potential danger, such as 2-3 hearthstones on different cooldowns and flightmaster's whistle on a 5m cooldown

Seriously how much more do you want? This is such a non-issue. I haven't even seen an enemy player in a PvP zone yet, even while doing PvP world quests. People will really complain about anything...

- - - Updated - - -

You do know while questing those areas aren't marked on the map as one isn't elligable for world quests yet? So easy while exploring or trying to find one way to a quest to wander into them right?
    Nevermind archeology dig sites can be in them again leading someone into them.
    Fine if I am on a pvp server or if I choose to be flagged but on a pve server with pvp turned off it isn't fine.
    Yeah, I've wandered into these zones before while exploring for quests. And guess what? Once I got the warning, I stepped 2 inches backwards to avoid getting flagged, and then walked a different way.

You don't HAVE to walk into these areas. If you CHOOSE to do so, you do so at YOUR OWN risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    I am not on a PVP server, yet I am forced to enter unknown PVP areas to quest. It feels like a platter that has been laid out for awaiting wolves.

Is the only option to avoid quests and character advancement altogether, or just get frustratingly ganked over and over until I finish what was designed to benefit those people who should have joined a pvp server? I chose to NOT PVP, so I joined a NON PVP server!

I don't want to PVP, what disconnect am I missing here?
    Who FORCES you to go do the pvp WQs? No one, oh then, there is no issue here.
    READ and be less Ignorant.