Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Violet Hold has Iron, Eye of Azshara has Storm. There's no Fatebringer Blood before Ursoc, but there's a Fate's Thirst in... Arcway? Don't remember off the top of my head.
    What? I'm pretty sure the trait you get is random, the element is the only thing thats static.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    What? I'm pretty sure the trait you get is random, the element is the only thing thats static.
    no it's not all instance drop relics are fixed traits

Quote Originally Posted by M4rwan View Post
    which simulator do you use ?

I tried to do the same using Mr Robot and I lost dps.

edit : I must have made a mistake. Re-run sim and I got as much increase.
    i use simcraft

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i mean if they nerf the only two useful traits in the entire weapon, there wont be much point then will there?
    Useful and overpowered are not interchangeable words.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Useful and overpowered are not interchangeable words.
    neither are useless and balanced

you cant name a single trait that's any good besides those two

neither are useless and balanced

you cant name a single trait that's any good besides those two
    Your point is besides the point. Just because all other traits pale in comparison doesn't make those two the norm, quite the opposite, obviously the traits need to be equalized.
    But saying other traits are usless is simply wrong, it's just much more efficient to equip relics boosting the two best traits exclusively.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Your point is besides the point. Just because all other traits pale in comparison doesn't make those two the norm, quite the opposite, obviously the traits need to be equalized.
    But saying other traits are usless is simply wrong, it's just much more efficient to equip relics boosting the two best traits exclusively.
    yes but that doesnt mean those two are "OP" there will always be best traits so it ultimately doesnt really matter and the weapon as a whole is balanced so in the bigger scheme of things OP is not the right word to use, it's just skewed weirdly

you'd need to completely rework other traits for them to compete since run through is half our dmg, yes the outlaw weap is frontloaded as fuck, but without a complete overhaul it cant really be balanced, you cant nerf those traits/buff others enough to make them equal without making it totally broken (IE basically tripling their effects which would just throw our entire stat priority out the window and it'd be way too drastic) and even then you're stuck with 4 traits, since the other give no noticable dps gain (yeah you can make blade flurry penalty nonexistant but that's so niche let's not even talk about it)

and they are useless, the only 2 others that are even remotely useful are fortune's strike and fortune strikes (really imaginative names btw) IE the main gauche one and the combat potency one. the rest are pure unadulterated garbage

yes the sub weapon is much better in that regard (they have 4 traits that are more or less equal) but the assa weapon is even worse so let's be glad we're not assa

and nightmare drops 3 good relics anyway so it's not an issue at least not yet
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-16 at 08:42 PM.

yes but that doesnt mean those two are "OP" there will always be best traits so it ultimately doesnt really matter and the weapon as a whole is balanced so in the bigger scheme of things OP is not the right word to use, it's just skewed weirdly

you'd need to completely rework other traits for them to compete since run through is half our dmg, yes the outlaw weap is frontloaded as fuck, but without a complete overhaul it cant really be balanced, you cant nerf those traits/buff others enough to make them equal without making it totally broken (IE basically tripling their effects which would just throw our entire stat priority out the window and it'd be way too drastic) and even then you're stuck with 4 traits, since the other give no noticable dps gain (yeah you can make blade flurry penalty nonexistant but that's so niche let's not even talk about it)

and they are useless, the only 2 others that are even remotely useful are fortune's strike and fortune strikes (really imaginative names btw) IE the main gauche one and the combat potency one. the rest are pure unadulterated garbage

yes the sub weapon is much better in that regard (they have 4 traits that are more or less equal) but the assa weapon is even worse so let's be glad we're not assa

and nightmare drops 3 good relics anyway so it's not an issue at least not yet
    They are worth 60 item levels how are they not OP. I see blizz completyl overhauling this system in the enxt patch, they know they screwed up, it was a very dumb decision to have traits increasing non damaging perks and others increasing the most important damaging skill in the spec (this goes for every spec). For the time being I see Bliz simply heavily nerfing the OP traits, it won't make any of the class and specs afected underpowered because these traits are just making them stronger than they should be, and then on 7.1 or maybe even only on 7.2 they will rework this to only include damaging traits on the relics or only utility ones so the differences aren't so dratsic.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2016-09-18 at 04:52 PM.

Blizzard could simply reduce the potency of those two traits by 50 or more percent. Would looks weird, but then other relics could compete.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    They are worth 60 item levels how are they not OP. I see blizz completyl overhauling this system in the enxt patch, they know they screwed up, it was a very dumb decision to have traits increasing non damaging perks and others increasing the most important damaging skill in the spec (this goes for every spec. For the time being I see Bliz simply heavily nerfing the OP traits, it won't make any of the class and specs afected underpowered because these traits are just making them stronger than they should be, and then on 7.1 or maybe even only on 7.2 they will rework this to only include damaging traits on the relics or only utility ones so the differences aren't so dratsic.
    because outlaw rogues as a whole arent op? and the weapon as a whole isnt op?
    nerfing those traits is a straight up nerf to the spec and a betrayal of my trust for when they said "we wont nerf your spec if it's too strong we'll buff others so you wont feel cheated out of your artifact"

overpowered implies something is out of the balanced spectrum, but there are plenty of classes competing with outlaw rogue and beating them in many aspects so there's no reason to nerf them.

the only thing they could do is rework the entire weapon but that wont happen before 7.2 i dont think

so i mean go ahead nerf the traits, but dont think it's anything other than a nerf to outlaw rogues.

Blizzard could simply reduce the potency of those two traits by 50 or more percent. Would looks weird, but then other relics could compete.

once again a straight up nerf to the spec for no reason other than "well it looks odd that soem traits are better"
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-17 at 12:53 PM.

once again a straight up nerf to the spec for no reason other than "well it looks odd that soem traits are better"
    Artifacts 60ilvls lower being considered better due to the trait is a problem tho.
    With 3/3 specced and 3 artifacts your looking at a 48% damage increase on your main finisher.
    Now the ilvl scalling on your artifact (and thus weapon damage) was supposed to counter this but clearly thats not working enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Artifacts 60ilvls lower being considered better due to the trait is a problem tho.
    With 3/3 specced and 3 artifacts your looking at a 48% damage increase on your main finisher.
    Now the ilvl scalling on your artifact (and thus weapon damage) was supposed to counter this but clearly thats not working enough.
    well there are basically two ways you can fix thix

either rework the entire weapon and distribute it's strengths better
    or make run through scale with weapon damage but be roughly the same dmg for each ilvl as it is now.

but the main underlying issue is that run through is half our dmg and fixing that without breaking the spec aint something you can just "fix"

the simple fact that our rotation doesnt involve many abilities, since the skillcap of the spec is from how well you use roll the bones not about doing a complex rotation, so thigns that buff those select few abilities will be better, and since there is no saber slash trait we're left with ones that directly or indirectly buff run through
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-17 at 05:10 PM.

Since numbers are the problem, numbers are the answer.
    Of course it would be something blizzard could just fix. If they wanted to.
    -Voltaire
    winning

okay, what i mean is, without straight up nerfing outlaw they cant really

unless they buff other traits like the main gauche one to obnoxious amounts like 90% which would turn scaling totally bonkers

sure they can bandaid it, but that wont fix the underlying issue of run through being 50% of our dmg
    and when i say issue i mean issue for some people cos honestly i dont give a damn some relics will always be better

Afterall, it's not like they missed the fact that the RT trait is 8% per rank. It's definitely something they meant to do.

Deleted
    Court of Stars has Storm with Fatebringer, got lucky and got wq 850 and CoS 850 yesterday within some hours

Deleted
    Just nerf Fate's Thirst to 3% per point and give RT some bonus damage scaling with weapon dmg, problem solved. FB and FT are still going to be the best relics but not at the expense of more than maybe 2-3 ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandoroar View Post
    Just nerf Fate's Thirst to 3% per point and give RT some bonus damage scaling with weapon dmg, problem solved. FB and FT are still going to be the best relics but not at the expense of more than maybe 2-3 ilvls.
    if it were that simple blizz wouldve probably done it by now

what exactly is the issue with some relics being better than others?
    are you also complaining that some chest piece is better for you than others?
    or that some trinket is better than others?

why is this any different?

Because trying to get titan forge of the relic you want isn't fun gameplay and a massive dps increase. Different chest secondarys is hardly comparable.