Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've had no issues doing it as Guardian with zero points in the artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    QFT

Same. I've not had one clean run due to random pulling.
    They just managed to pull mobs I had no aggro or threat on. Dro spawns in the spider room as soon as I enter, every time lol

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Your withered only attack something when you do. If you bodypull something and pull it into the hallway you came from, you're more than safe to let your withered go crazy and burn it down. The only time my withered pull anything is the room with the thousand spiders in it and that's kind of a given.
    Thats not what happened to me. Went into the first room and hugged the right wall all the way around until I entered the first hallway. I pulled the trash in the hallway near the 2 Berserker door and when I turned around my Army was throwing stuff at the ghost in the center of the previous room and not at the trash mobs. The ghost never had threat on me or the army otherwise the aggro would have happened early before or into the room not a good 10 seconds after everything was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Thank you. I usually end a Dro fight with one damn Withered left because of the killing spree. Will try it on my next run.
    Dro himself is trivial as a Guardian with Lunar Beam and the EotN artifact perk.
    Once you get the trick down, its insanely easy. Feral charge works wonders here; taunt is also really good if he latches onto your berzerkers. (Although if you're bear tank, you don't really need them to be there anyway, they're mostly a nuisance).
    On the last 2-3 runs I've done in there I lost 0 to 1 withered to Dro per attempt.

Lunar beam and EotN are really good for sustaining as guardian indeed (ideally popping them shortly after you interrupted one of his killing sprees; so they're not wasted). As boomkin I chunked quite hard when I tried it once though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    QFT

Same. I've not had one clean run due to random pulling.
    Random pulling is generally a sign of you either:
    a) going too fast
    b) trying to skip mobs you really can't skip

I don't think I have ever had my army pull things randomly other than it being my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    They just managed to pull mobs I had no aggro or threat on. Dro spawns in the spider room as soon as I enter, every time lol
    They pull on proximity as well. If you let them get to close to a mob, then yes they will pull even if you don't aggro it.
    As for the Dro part. It's pretty crucial (especially at the beginning of that curved section where Dro can spawn), to pull stuff towards you as much as possible.
    Dro tends to trigger when you run past a certain point. And one of the worst things that can happen is when you pull Dro as you're running into a group of mobs. So unless there is just 1-2 mobs or a small group of tiny spiders, it's better to pull everything towards you. You never want to be in a situation where you're fighting Dro + a ton of adds, that's simply an error on your side for not pulling mobs towards where you know it's save.

Thats not what happened to me. Went into the first room and hugged the right wall all the way around until I entered the first hallway. I pulled the trash in the hallway near the 2 Berserker door and when I turned around my Army was throwing stuff at the ghost in the center of the previous room and not at the trash mobs. The ghost never had threat on me or the army otherwise the aggro would have happened early before or into the room not a good 10 seconds after everything was dead.
    What happens a lot is that the withered get knocked back and get knocked into aggro radius of other mobs. This is extremely dangerous as that mob (and to be frank, the small spiders here are worse than the big mobs as they're even harder to notice) can wreck your army.

Could be a sign of you going too fast, or a sign of you not paying attention between pulls. You're basically their babysitter and you just about have to count heads after every fight.

Really though, those withered are basically retarded. But instead of blaming them for being that way, you have to adjust your style to account for it. Don't go too fast, make sure your withered are ok after each engagement, don't try to take silly gambles (e.g. skipping mobs that can potentially pull, "hoping" Dro won't spawn as you run into a group of 4+ mobs, etc) and don't panic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always seem to lose to the "hall of infinite spiders", they just keep coming and till you beat a couple bosses, who (along with the spiders) target the withered regardless of threat.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I always seem to lose to the "hall of infinite spiders", they just keep coming and till you beat a couple bosses, who (along with the spiders) target the withered regardless of threat.
    What spec are you running with? Either way, pull the elf eater back into the hall you came from, away from the endless spider waves, that way you won't get adds. After that make sure to "rush" up the stairs, don't go out of range of your army, but do keep it speedy.

Also: unless I've missed it in this thread, you can use the Druid plants in your Order hall to get the Thornstalk Barbs which deal 250k+ (320k for me) per second for 20 seconds and root your target, it doesn't break on damage and can be used on any boss. It really isn't needed for Guardian anymore once you've unlocked everything (I can get 600+ score while starting with 400 mana now), but it's insanely nice for any other spec than Guardian and/or when you're still upgrading your army.

Oh and they're not soulbound, so you can give them away to guild members/friends and/or sell them on the AH.

Deleted
    Nythiz i do not go too fast or try to skip anything. It's buggy, loads of people complain about the same issues.

Your withered only attack something when you do.
    That's total BS, I have had them go off and pull something for no reason.

Ive never had a clean run. My withered are always running off, acting like morons, and generally getting themselves killed.

Stop enraging your withered all the time. Once you enrage them they will attack anything in sight, only use it when you've dragged a boss to a safe spot, or you know that it's safe to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    Stop enraging your withered all the time. Once you enrage them they will attack anything in sight, only use it when you've dragged a boss to a safe spot, or you know that it's safe to use.
    I spam that shit on CD. Don't care. I actually pull the egg room like that: I just waltz into the room and push enrage - swipe 'n' thrash - all dead.
    Same with the twin stairs room with rock spiders on the bottom. If you have 15+ withered - they are easily nuked. ~600 point evritim. Bear Power!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Should only happen if you enrage them.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    I spam that shit on CD. Don't care. I actually pull the egg room like that: I just waltz into the room and push enrage - swipe 'n' thrash - all dead.
    Same with the twin stairs room with rock spiders on the bottom. If you have 15+ withered - they are easily nuked. ~600 point evritim. Bear Power!
    Oh I'm well aware, I've been using enrage from the get-go with only 6 withered at the start (400 mana) and I still made it out with 45+ withered alive. Guardian Druid (and fully upgraded withered army) is super strong. Which is a good thing since the scenario gets old after a few times and only gives a small amount of rep/laughably low amount of AP anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Then, quite frankly, you're doing it wrong.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, quite frankly, you're doing it wrong.
    Yes... he clearly hacked into Blizzards servers and altered the code so that only he, and myself, and many more people, see the behavior you deny exists.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Yes... he clearly hacked into Blizzards servers and altered the code so that only he, and myself, and many more people, see the behavior you deny exists.
    I have full cleared every time. If you bodypull with your withered not on berserk, they will not attack until you do. You do not pull via taunts, damage, or CC. You run into aggro range, preferably with sprint/roar, then you run back to the hallway you came from. My withered have never, ever attacked something when I've done this.

I don't know what you're doing but you're not doing what I'm doing. Maybe you're running too close and getting attacked, thus causing your withered to attack. I don't know. I just know that I have a 100% success rate doing bodypulls.

Hey

main Resto here, I was having problems to get to 400 points the first time I tryed it. Wrote a ticket that i couldn't heal my army and got confirmation from a GM that it is indeed bugged at the moment. As a healer you SHOULD be able to heal your army since its the only thing you are good at. Anyway since ticket-duration was around 4-5days I went with guardian the second time and got 500 points easy, only losing about 3-4 withered fighting leywalker dro (yeah he is nasty but you can use CDs and burst him). I finished the damn thing with 602 points 2 days ago, can confirm your max. rep is 425 and the loot doesn't get better with more points.

cheers
    Spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    I have full cleared every time. If you bodypull with your withered not on berserk, they will not attack until you do. You do not pull via taunts, damage, or CC. You run into aggro range, preferably with sprint/roar, then you run back to the hallway you came from. My withered have never, ever attacked something when I've done this.

I don't know what you're doing but you're not doing what I'm doing. Maybe you're running too close and getting attacked, thus causing your withered to attack. I don't know. I just know that I have a 100% success rate doing bodypulls.
    Nope. Not on berserk, nowhere near the mobs, the withered will sometimes just attack. Likewise, they will sometimes NOT attack and just watch the fight.

-Kujako-

Nope. Not on berserk, nowhere near the mobs, the withered will sometimes just attack. Likewise, they will sometimes NOT attack and just watch the fight.
    Then your withered are bugged and you should be opening a ticket instead of complaining on MMOC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then your withered are bugged and you should be opening a ticket instead of complaining on MMOC.
    There are not enough hours in a day to report all the bugs in WoW. And how do you know YOUR withered are not the bugged ones for not doing that?

-Kujako-

There are not enough hours in a day to report all the bugs in WoW.
    But there's plenty of time to spend on MMOC arguing over stupid shit, right? Stupid shit like "oh yeah well YOURS could be the bugged one". Anyways, this is my last response to you. Go report your issue or don't. I don't care either way.

And how do you know YOUR withered are not the bugged ones for not doing that?
    In an instanced scenario designed around keeping your NPCs alive through dealing with specific mechanics, it makes sense for said NPCs to not aggro everything in sight when not using berserk. Sure, I don't know whether my way is the proper way or yours is but I can tell you which one is better than the other from a design standpoint.