Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No legendary! but that might be a good thing! as long as i dont get a useless one when my "rare" RNG pops!

Two grips :
    1) I hate the new models, but I'm forced to use them (NE character...).
    2) I don't recognize my class (rogue) at all anymore. I was some kind of sneaky fighter stabbing foes from the back and using underhanded methods to kill. Now I'm some kind of warlock wielding daggers and using shadow magic. Wut ?

Deleted
    Demon hunters - There's so many other better options for hero classes or normal classes. (Or even new talent trees for existing classes)
    Being the 'class leader' - It sucks in Skyrim and it sucks in WoW, I don't want to the boss of all things and the best thing this world has to offer.
    Some artifact weapons - Seeing everyone with the ashbringer has really turned the item from the most amazing weapon ever to the new Ice Barbed Spear - sad days.

World Quests rewarding you with off spec loot. I can't get a relic reward for my main spec to save my life... on all 3 of my characters. WQ rewards should reflect your loot spec. If, one day, I choose I want to build up my off spec weapon, I can control the rewards by switching specs prior to the next WQ refresh.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No flying.
    I am already SUPER sick of ground travel, and Highmountain is the worst zone that they have released since Vanilla because of it. I would rather do Hellfire Peninsula 50x, than do Highmountain even once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Get a dictionary and look up literally please.
    You do realize that they changed the definition of "Literally" a few years ago to mean "Figuratively" right? I mean, I'm not disagreeing with you, because I too find it stupid when people use "Literally", but telling them to look something up in the dictionary that will tell them that they are right doesn't really achieve the same effect.

Everything about withered training. It's a terrible idea for a repeatable 3-day quest to depend so completely on ridiculously stupid AI. The WoW engine has really never been good at these kind of "babysit this NPC" things, and they made the most important quest in legion depend on it. The only quest you basically have to do every 3 days.

So not only do I think the premise for the scenario really doesn't work inside the WoW engine because the engine doesn't support it very well, the content itself is buggy as shit. Withered AI teleport and run around; Dro appears randomly and teleports around taking withered with him. Fel rush disconnecting me in the middle of the scenario means I'm done for 3 days. Purgatory, bubble, on-death mechanics - don't work.

It isn't so bad when you have 20 withered to start and you've cleared the scenario a couple times and have all the nice bonuses, but really, the content shouldn't be balanced around that in the first place. I hate how important it is, how much I need the rewards from it, and how every 3 days I'm disappointed by how shitty it is.

Deleted
    have to max level on alts and do lots of group content just to get raid stuff ready

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Biggest gripe?

Frost mage dps. Definitely. I don't want to level with fire *whine*.
    I played fire for a grand total of 15 minutes, then did all quests on a frost mage. It is fine :P I soloed several group quest mobs etc no problem due to roots.

I dont get the hate on frost, fire has more aoe dmg in dungeons, true, but for questing I found both frost and arcane to be miles easier and more comfortable :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Gating those two Mythic Only dungeons behind a rep grind. Don't get me wrong, I love grinding as much as the next pr0n star, but holy shit m8 (Blizzard) - please don't gate what some of us really enjoy (

10+ Year Old Account
    A number of the classes feel rushed and unfinished. Like the expansion was ready to release but classes weren't, but they couldn't delay any longer so they just pushed it through.

Hunter's current state feels like what I would expect from early beta. MM has no idea what it wants to be so it wound up being a "patient sniper" who runs into the room and blindly shoots snakes all over the place. Survival is extremely convoluted with cooldowns designed for a ranged dps, and abilities that literally serve no purpose yet have multiple talents focused on it. *cough* raptor strike *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I don't really understand all his hate over a (relatively) minor legendary bug. The only people it affects are people pushing world firsts, and even then, I don't think anyone has a full 20 toon raid decked out in more than 20 legendaries.

Ruin an entire expansion? You have such narrow vision.
    It's not just the players that are going for world first that are competative.
    You'll never get close to the damage a player with two legendaries do if you don't have them yourself.

So, yes the main point of WoW is ruined for me becuase of this bug.

Professions. I think Profession quests were a great idea, especially the ones that have you going out to old world locations. Professions themselves however feel weak. Enchanting for example has very weak high tier ring enchants in relation to the mats spent on them.

150 haste for a ring is 10 dust at rank 3.

200 haste for a ring meanwhile is 4 crystals and 35 dust. Over twice the dust and 4 crystals and it's only about 25% better than the low tier enchant. That doesn't make much sense.

I get a high cost low reward feeling from professions.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing a couple weeks I have to say it's the legendaries.

They are so cool! Even bringing completely new playstyles to some specs but it's completely RNG if I get them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Demon Hunters. Fulfill no niche that isn't already filled. Already an overabundance of melee. This class exists to make the player feel cool (hero class lololol) and to tie the aesthetic and lore to illidan and the legion. Blizzard once said they cared about mechanics before story, but apparently they didn't feel that way anymore. This class is completely pointless and we're stuck with it forever.
    Funny, this is the first melee class in WoW i actually enjoy. So for me, it did fill and niche that was required - fun melee class.

People griping about something that's been out less than a month

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's not just the players that are going for world first that are competative.
    You'll never get close to the damage a player with two legendaries do if you don't have them yourself.

So, yes the main point of WoW is ruined for me becuase of this bug.
    You can only equip one for like another month. After that, it's still capped at 2. By then you should easily have 1 or 2 of your own with the bad luck protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigodolfa View Post
    Oh I completely understand the lore reasons for why the landscape isn't decayed, but I don't think lore should necessarily dictate the look and feel of a whole continent. There's plenty of other reasons they could have used for justifying a bit more contrast among the zones. Take Val'sharah for example, it has been corrupted by forces unrelated to the legion and it works perfectly. At the end of the day, it's video game lore. They can play around with it (within reason) to add a bit more variety.
    Lore is bendable, so it's not the best defense in this case. It is what you make and I agree on that point. Though the lore should absolutely dictate the feel of the whole continent. Just that the lore could be manipulated to change the feel of the zones.

Well, Highmountain is...an actual high mountain. It's as conventional you can get tbh. Suramar and Val'Sharah, although beautifully made, they have a very peaceful feel that doesn't make me feel in danger at all, barring the nightmare thicket subarea.

Duskwood was clearly not the best of examples, but I also noted a few other zones which are very unique and very different from anything in WoW, especially Deepholm and Vashj'ir. Picking the worst example for comparison isn't reall fair at all either
    I have to disagree with you here. Though I recognize it's really a matter of aesthic taste and opinion. The changes between zone to zone are more subtle now and less jarring. I actually rather like this. Stormheim feel like a natural extension to high Mountain. SO does Suramar, Val'sharah and Aszuna. The land has a nice gradient feel. I agree that Vash'jir was beautiful and deep holm was strangely enchanting. And in the context of Cata those zones made sense. But then you look at The Burning Crusade where there is no gradient at all. There is a harsh line clearly designating one zone from the next. It always disrupted my ability to suspend my belief. The broken isles is small sub set of islands. Massively different landscapes would be ultimately very off putting. In Legion the land feels more like fully realized set of Isles than parts of different worlds ripped apart and placed backed together haphazardly like a jigsaw puzzle. Additionally they have added some fantastic bits to the zone that further drive the environs and feel of things. Like the Nightmare sub parts of Val'Sharah, Hel'Heim, Suramar city even the fantastic lake area in Valsharah where you are running on the tree roots, just beautiful.

I will say that I feel like Aszuna should have been more creepy. It is a land ruled by undead night elves. It could have been a lot creepier. It's ultimately I think the most bland of the zones and could have used some work.

As I said, I'm talking about the zones, not about the lore. I'm perfectly fine with the lore in legion and I think it fits the expansion really well. And no, I never said stitches and a couple of ghosts are more apocalyptic than a legion invasion anywhere in my post. I haven't even remotely compared them beyond the fact that Duskwood felt somewhat different and special in the context of vanilla WoW, and that I enjoyed that kind of diversity.

Totally agreed. In fact, I'd like more places like tomb of sargeras. A whole zone of legion infested wackyness would have been really interesting, maybe as a high level zone that made you think "shit, these guys can take over the whole place really fast if we don't put a stop to them.

In any case, my single gripe with legion is just that...a single gripe. It doesn't really need so much explanation beyond the fact that it's personal preference
    I am excited to see what land mass they add to this xpac down the land. Many have theorized a Tanaan or Timeless Isle style zone that is on Argus! That would be sweeeeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    No flying.
    I am already SUPER sick of ground travel, and Highmountain is the worst zone that they have released since Vanilla because of it. I would rather do Hellfire Peninsula 50x, than do Highmountain even once.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that they changed the definition of "Literally" a few years ago to mean "Figuratively" right? I mean, I'm not disagreeing with you, because I too find it stupid when people use "Literally", but telling them to look something up in the dictionary that will tell them that they are right doesn't really achieve the same effect.
    Funny post - sorta.

Literally still means exact or literal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Everything about withered training. It's a terrible idea for a repeatable 3-day quest to depend so completely on ridiculously stupid AI. The WoW engine has really never been good at these kind of "babysit this NPC" things, and they made the most important quest in legion depend on it. The only quest you basically have to do every 3 days.

So not only do I think the premise for the scenario really doesn't work inside the WoW engine because the engine doesn't support it very well, the content itself is buggy as shit. Withered AI teleport and run around; Dro appears randomly and teleports around taking withered with him. Fel rush disconnecting me in the middle of the scenario means I'm done for 3 days. Purgatory, bubble, on-death mechanics - don't work.

It isn't so bad when you have 20 withered to start and you've cleared the scenario a couple times and have all the nice bonuses, but really, the content shouldn't be balanced around that in the first place. I hate how important it is, how much I need the rewards from it, and how every 3 days I'm disappointed by how shitty it is.
    Works fine for me. Dro has several spawn points on purpose. Also - L2 mechanics. You shouldn't lose any withered if you use CC properly.

This isn't a bad design issue. It's a L2Play one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    very alt-unfriendly, but have to level them for multi professions
    God forbid your guild helps right? This is my main gripe from Cata on..........people still treating it as a single player game, not using your guild or others to get things done.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Things I would change would be,

Buff anicent mana drop rates and the amount they award by a lot.

Make artifact knowledge account wide.

Make Court/Arcway unlock account wide

Time gates on class order missions

Nerf agro radius on mobs but this is just a general moan about the game with no flying. I would be ok with no flying if mobs didnt act like I pissed in their cereal and chase me half the map
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-09-16 at 10:05 PM.