Thread: No Man's Sky

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Also, if such was true, then there would probably be some left overs of multiplayer shit in the game code
    Nope. Google branching.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not entirely convinced Sony isn't throwing Hello Games under the buss to an extent.

They're saying that Hello Games arranged all those stage appearances on the Sony stage at press conferences without Sony basically offering them a free spot? That Hello Games got on Colbert without Sony making the connection using their contacts and paying for the segment? That Hello Games got all those interviews with major outlets and all that prime real estate across sites without much, if not all, of it being arranged by someone with a Sony email address?

Yeah, as someone in games PR that doesn't jive in the slightest. Sony was absolutely pulling strings behind the scenes to make opportunities happen, but I guess they never thought about media training Sean or trying to keep a leash on him. Which isn't that surprising, first parties are a fucking disaster internally in many regards.
    I think the fact that there was absolutely no No Mans Sky at the PS4 Pro reveal but a bunch of ports and rereleases was a sign Sony is pretending this debacle never existed. Like a bad gamble to turn an indie game into a hardware pusher during a dry season before the big holiday groundswell and it blew up thanks to horrible PR and i think at this point Hello Games reputation is largely soiled and Murray is being seen as "Peter Molyneux with all the bunkum and none of the creativity" and Sony is making a mad dash to distance themselves from those "actual gameplay" videos from 2 years ago of a game that doesnt really exist. Shame we will never get a tell all documentary on this whole thing, i imagine it would be fascinating to se Todds Dark Apprentice go through this process till shit hit the fan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Nope. Google branching.
    I'm all for being objective, but the evidence is stacked against them here. There are plenty of 'old' files to be found by the dataminers. Assets that didn't make it into the game and even some data related to the planets they showed on E3 (that weren't 'entirely randomly encountered just that day', another thing that Murray said).

Of course it doesn't mean that you're not right, you could still be, but I find it highly highly unlikely.

The only way it can be a scam is if It's just backwards, i.e. players scammed HG. They promised to buy the game, bought it and then refunded.
    Ok I have seen some white knighting for a game but really. What in the flying fuck are you smoking because I want some. Do you not know what the word Refund means and no players didn't promise shit.

More and more your side is losing ground in this argument, even to the point where Sony has stated they fucked up.

Edit: As a matter of fact your side has no ground in this argument. You are just wrong and even Sony has admitted they fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the fact that there was absolutely no No Mans Sky at the PS4 Pro reveal but a bunch of ports and rereleases was a sign Sony is pretending this debacle never existed. Like a bad gamble to turn an indie game into a hardware pusher during a dry season before the big holiday groundswell and it blew up thanks to horrible PR and i think at this point Hello Games reputation is largely soiled and Murray is being seen as "Peter Molyneux with all the bunkum and none of the creativity" and Sony is making a mad dash to distance themselves from those "actual gameplay" videos from 2 years ago of a game that doesnt really exist. Shame we will never get a tell all documentary on this whole thing, i imagine it would be fascinating to se Todds Dark Apprentice go through this process till shit hit the fan.
    Couldn't agree more and I think the statement I posted proof of that as well.

The difference between Peter Molyneux and Sean Murray is that Peter delivered a decent game (Series).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I'm all for being objective, but the evidence is stacked against them here. There are plenty of 'old' files to be found by the dataminers. Assets that didn't make it into the game and even some data related to the planets they showed on E3 (that weren't 'entirely randomly encountered just that day', another thing that Murray said).

Of course it doesn't mean that you're not right, you could still be, but I find it highly highly unlikely.
    All evidence is circumstantial. Implications based on assumptions. You can stack it as high as you want it's still a nil. Be objective. Presence of old files means nothing. Absence of old files means nothing. Datamining means nothing in this regard - it only shows the current state of game resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok I have seen some white knighting for a game but really. What in the flying fuck are you smoking because I want some. Do you not know what the word Refund means and no players didn't promise shit.
    You lied to HG. That simple. Has nothing to do with white knighting. Just a simple fact. They presented a game and you all were like "i'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens", and then you refunded. I hope they sue y'all.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

You lied to HG. That simple. Has nothing to do with white knighting. Just a simple fact. They presented a game and you all were like "i'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens", and then you refunded. I hope they sue y'all.
    I never bought the game so that shows what you know.

If you are going to do this can you at lease try.

I give this try a 3 out of 10.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never bought the game so that shows what you know.
    So you lied. Like I said.

So you lied. Like I said.
    Please do tell how I lied, I am dying to read this.

Deleted
    Having seen Spore & NMS mentioned in the same breathe several times, I found this quite amusing (& also surprising)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfV1DrxIdtQ
    (some strong language)

"9th Sept more people playing Spore than NMS on steam."

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/17390,275850#7d

Have to change the date yourself, top right.
    The amount playing both is very similar over time too recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    "It's just backwards, i.e. players scammed HG."… And here I was hoping that the ignore button would spare me from reading this kind of nonsense. You know that this will only lead the thread once again into another big silly ass debate about semantics that never goes anywhere, right? Just please, stop taking his baits, it only derails the thread.
    Oh Im done taking his baits, I was just slightly interested in what the reply would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Having seen Spore & NMS mentioned in the same breathe several times, I found this quite amusing (& also surprising)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfV1DrxIdtQ
    (some strong language)

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/17390,275850#7d

Have to change the date yourself, top right.
    The amount playing both is very similar over time too recently.
    Didn't know spore was still playable or on steam lol.

Deleted
    Oh Im done taking his baits, I was just slightly interested in what the reply would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know spore was still playable or on steam lol.
    Yeah, Spore is. DarkSpore was the one EA murdered

Yeah, Spore is. DarkSpore was the one EA murdered
    God I remember when spore was being hyped up......

This is like a repeat of that almost 1:1.

Here is a better version of NMS if anyone is interested.

It has Multiplayer
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-09-16 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Sony also pays for activision, ea etc to get marketing and stage spots when they have marketing contracts for games. That doesn't mean they're running the PR for those companies. If you work in PR you should be able to connect the dots yourself, Sony helping market the game does not mean they gave Hello Games PR people to help them out.
    Sony was pushing NMS as a PS4 major title. Don't let the PR speak fool you just because it contains hate for NMS and HG. Sony is trying to save face by playing the standard PR game of blaming the weaker partner. Sony had to be fully aware of everything going on with pre-release marketting and state of the game. Or they are admitting that they are blind and incompetent when it comes to marketing themselves. And that when publishing a game they don't do any kind of checks on the game or their developers.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/11/...on-experience/
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...s-unannounced/ has Sean Murray praising the Sony partnership and also mentions how contracts stop them from saying certain things. If Sony wanted to stop it they would have. If it was a success Sony would be stating the exact opposite. And anyone who thinks different is blinding themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the fact that there was absolutely no No Mans Sky at the PS4 Pro reveal but a bunch of ports and rereleases was a sign Sony is pretending this debacle never existed.
    They are definitely trying to save themselves from as much of the problem as they can. But not being at the PS4 Pro reveal doesn't say much. Developers have to actually do things to improve their game to make it "Pro". However if NMS was a hit you can bet they would have required HG to do the necessary updates to make a "pro" version of NMS.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for a few hours and Spore was 75% off on steam during that time period. A game will see a spike in users during a time like that. Spore spiked because of the sale and quickly dropped off. NMS has been steadily dropping off the same basic pattern (some times low some times high) since release. http://store.steampowered.com/news/23853/
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

God I remember when spore was being hyped up......

This is like a repeat of that almost 1:1.

Here is a better version of NMS if anyone is interested.

It has Multiplayer

Holy fuck this looks awesome, i'm getting serious Super Mario Galaxy vibes here but in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Holy fuck this looks awesome, i'm getting serious Super Mario Galaxy vibes here but in a good way.
    Ya they showed it on TB's podcast this week and it looks fun. IMO from what I have seen its what NMS should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, do consumer rights mean nothing to you?

People pledged money for a game, which is not the product that was delivered. Of course they get a refund.

If you buy a car, and they give you something with no wheels or steering wheel, can they sue you for refunding? Of course not.

At this point, I would just stop if I were you. It's embarassing.

Deleted
    God I remember when spore was being hyped up...... This is like a repeat of that almost 1:1. Here is a better version of NMS if anyone is interested. It has Multiplayer
    That looks intriguing, will definitely keep an eye on it. There's another game en route, forgot its name. Looks like a much shinier version of Starmade, where can explore, build etc. One dev clip showed them building an 8km long space station.

Another big patch out without any fucking patch notes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Another big patch out without any fucking patch notes.
    Do you use GOG? The patch was apparently bloated when using their automatic updater and it really wasn't a big patch at all at about 75mb for steam. Also their previous patches have all had patch notes. They are now listed in one spot on their website http://www.no-mans-sky.com/log/. They were a bit scattered before around a few of the official communication spots.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I don't see PS4 patch 1.09 on that list.