Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It's another way to delay flight, and to ensure that players do plenty of the world content before they are allowed to fly.

Blizzard simply doesn't want to allow players to use flight in current content.
    They already have a hard timeline in mind, that's enough. This bit about additionally putting it behind time gated rep grinds is completely unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    If they make it that you need to do some mythic raid I will be pissed.
    Or PvP, since they seem to be loving thrusting PvE players into it this expansion.
    Last edited by Lane; 2016-09-16 at 05:32 PM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    And yet the kiddies get to click on 15 nuts and 10 squirrels to get iLevel 840+ epics... Mythic level/raid level gear.

I do not understand these concepts of "immersion" and "reward"... when they conflict so much with themselves throughout the game.

I cannot fly because of immersion... but I can whistle (hearthstone) to the nearest flight path and flight path there. Wait wut?
    If Blizzard could remove flying and add teleports they would do it as they probably see working on the world beyond the initial launch probably as a "nuisance". If Tanaan Jungle is any indication what they have planned for Legion's "outdoor" content while gating flying this forebodes some bad majo.

The spirits have granted me a vision and all I see is blue sea of salty tears on the official forums to come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The spirits have granted me a vision and all I see is blue sea of salty tears on the official forums to come.
    Amount of users visiting forums is still extremely small, and usually people post more about negative things instead of positive.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Im enjoying the road to flight. It is in the future but it is something to work toward. It is motivation to do stuff.
    That amazing motivation to sit around and watch the clock? You don't get flight based on how much work or motivation you have, you get it when Blizzard has said you've sat in time-out long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet the kiddies get to click on 15 nuts and 10 squirrels to get iLevel 840+ epics... Mythic level/raid level gear.

I do not understand these concepts of "immersion" and "reward"... when they conflict so much with themselves throughout the game.

I cannot fly because of immersion... but I can whistle (hearthstone) to the nearest flight path and flight path there. Wait wut?
    I actually have less of a problem with "wellfare" gear like this. It means the challenge is shifted more towards overcoming the mechanics of a boss fight rather than overcoming a simple gear check. It also means players are more apt to play at the difficulty level their skill allows, rather than what the RNG gods dictate.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-09-16 at 09:42 PM.

For those of you portending a mass exodus of players and servers becoming super dead when do you suspect that this will happen exactly? I'll be honest I disagree that it will, but I am not asking to argue or so I can laugh at (or be laughed at) later when the results come in. I am curious because I am actually doing a paper on product change and consumer effect. But a time line portending this even will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    They already have a hard timeline in mind, that's enough. This bit about additionally putting it behind time gated rep grinds is completely unnecessary.

Or PvP, since they seem to be loving thrusting PvE players into it this expansion.
    I don't think they have a hard time line in mind, because if they did they would have stated it by now regarding the future of flight in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    For those of you portending a mass exodus of players and servers becoming super dead when do you suspect that this will happen exactly? I'll be honest I disagree that it will, but I am not asking to argue or so I can laugh at (or be laughed at) later when the results come in. I am curious because I am actually doing a paper on product change and consumer effect. But a time line portending this even will help.
    I think a lot really depends on how long we go between major content patches. We already know that we've seen all the order hall missions(blizzard isn't making more for legion). Are we going to get new forms of world quests? Is all we're going to see the rest of the expansion just more 5-man mythics that aren't in the queue and raids?

The "Mass Exodus" depends too much on how well Blizzard handles the release of content. It's not so much about flying except in regards to what content exists that flight can be used on. If we get flying in 7.2, but there hasn't been any new open world content, then what's the point? It's worthless. But if Blizzard keeps the bar raised right along side new dungeons and raids....well then, maybe there won't be an exodus at all. But if they drop the ball like they did in WoD? Maybe 3 months into Legion we'll see populations plummet again.

Deleted
    Because it's an excuse, always has been. Look at the world design. Extremly inacessible, filled with artificial borders. It allows for time sink, time consuming navigation and not having to make zones as big. It also makes it easier for them to build the world as they can work with smoke and mirrors. They tried that quite extensively in parts of WoD but had to later redo it.

It doesn't benefit the players, even those who think it's what they want but it's a great deal for Blizzard.

I've gone from Dal to northern Highmountain completely on foot. Gathering, fishing nodes, killing animals for meat and killing rares. Experience would be totally ruined with flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Because it's an excuse, always has been. Look at the world design. Extremly inacessible, filled with artificial borders. It allows for time sink, time consuming navigation and not having to make zones as big. It also makes it easier for them to build the world as they can work with smoke and mirrors. They tried that quite extensively in parts of WoD but had to later redo it.

It doesn't benefit the players, even those who think it's what they want but it's a great deal for Blizzard.
    Then learn to navigate because it aint that fucking difficult.

I don't think they have a hard time line in mind, because if they did they would have stated it by now regarding the future of flight in Legion.
    na they learned to not set thing in stone as you can see communication post GC era has been nerfed by blizzard, dev talk rarely and when they do is only on promoted interviews were the questions are always:

Q "good job guys?"
    A "yup"

no controversial arguments are discussed and in the rare case a question pop out the answer is always generic, twitter has been nerfed to the ground i remember when everyday mmo-c front page had 20-30 twitter on it right now barely 1-2 and wowdev account barely respond.

Devs have closed themselves up the only one who can talk to them and share ideas and opinions are the magic circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    It has nothing to do with it being difficult mate. But is it "fun and engaging" gameplay? I think not

Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    It has nothing to do with it being difficult mate. But is it "fun and engaging" gameplay? I think not
    More so than flying.

Deleted
    Is this a case of you think you do but you dont?

Deleted
    The fact that you and other of your ilk need to on purpose misconstrue what people are saying so you have a strawman to beat up on just ends up proving their point. You are responding to something that has never been said. Nobody says it's "difficult" and there's nothing to learn here. Answering with what ammounts to "git gud" when people are annoyed at being forced to take excessive detours because direct paths are blocked off and artificial borders all over the place makes no sense. This has nothing to do with an inability to reach their destination, it has to do with how long it takes because Blizzard goes out of their way to make it take as long as possible.

Being forced to take a huge detour to get up a cliff and around some artificial giant trees blocking of the way has zero to do with "learn to navigate", people can do this very easily. It has everything to do with them on purpose using this as a timesink by forcing people to waste excessive ammounts of time on it.

Broken Isles is definitely tiny and uses vertical landscapes to create the illusion to the player that the map is larger, because it takes longer to navigate like High Mountain. Personally, I don't see how the maze like design makes players interested in the open world...then again Blizzard is focusing on instanced content for patch 7.1 and more of the same with patch 7.2 seems likely. So, the care for world designed went out the window a long time ago.

But then what does it have to do with restricting flight if world design isn't their top priority?

But then what does it have to do with restricting flight if world design isn't their top priority?
    My Preciouss...

I mean, Visions!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    na they learned to not set thing in stone as you can see communication post GC era has been nerfed by blizzard, dev talk rarely and when they do is only on promoted interviews were the questions are always:

Q "good job guys?"
    A "yup"

no controversial arguments are discussed and in the rare case a question pop out the answer is always generic, twitter has been nerfed to the ground i remember when everyday mmo-c front page had 20-30 twitter on it right now barely 1-2 and wowdev account barely respond.

Devs have closed themselves up the only one who can talk to them and share ideas and opinions are the magic circle.
    Actually, they received a lot of backlash for not communicating enough early in WoD and putting all relevant info only on twitter. But the slowly started linking tweets to the official forums.

They can proclaim that they have a plan this time around all the want for flying but the trajectory we are looking at with flying is the same as it was added in WoD.

Actually, they received a lot of backlash for not communicating enough early in WoD and putting all relevant info only on twitter. But the slowly started linking tweets to the official forums.

They can proclaim that they have a plan this time around all the want for flying but the trajectory we are looking at with flying is the same as it was added in WoD.
    well they resolved the problem by reducing communication to the pre GC era, anyway it's pretty clear they will add flying when the broken shore open as quest hub (and no fly zone) i don't know if it is 7.2 or beyond but one thing is clear until we are done with the continent aka all the relevant thing in the five lunch zone are exhausted they will never unlock it.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

The fact that you and other of your ilk need to on purpose misconstrue what people are saying so you have a strawman to beat up on just ends up proving their point. You are responding to something that has never been said. Nobody says it's "difficult" and there's nothing to learn here. Answering with what ammounts to "git gud" when people are annoyed at being forced to take excessive detours because direct paths are blocked off and artificial borders all over the place makes no sense. This has nothing to do with an inability to reach their destination, it has to do with how long it takes because Blizzard goes out of their way to make it take as long as possible.

Being forced to take a huge detour to get up a cliff and around some artificial giant trees blocking of the way has zero to do with "learn to navigate", people can do this very easily. It has everything to do with them on purpose using this as a timesink by forcing people to waste excessive ammounts of time on it.
    And I see it as nature's architecture being nature's architecture. You seeing it as Bliz being maniacal says more about your mindset than anything else. Sorry the mountains don't bend to your will.

Deleted
    Artificially making it look bigger aswell as a time sink. Not much reason otherwise.

And I see it as nature's architecture being nature's architecture. You seeing it as Bliz being maniacal says more about your mindset than anything else. Sorry the mountains don't bend to your will.
    You are baiting here, right? You can't be for real, there's no way you are. You just called something completely and entirely artificial, line of codes written by a human on an artificial device as "nature's architecture" and "mountains not bending to one's will". These aren't mountains, they're numbers in a program made by Blizzard.