Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Yea, his name is Cho'gall. Not sure what this has to do with the thread though
    There were ogre-magi in WC2 iirc. That was awhile ago, it might have been WC3. Anyway, the reason I said it was because the OP said:

Give ogres to horde to match the sizes and it is going to be perfect.

I would be in favor of this. We need more races that don't look idiotic. How we've got Pandas and not Vrykul is beyond me.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    What classes would they be? Warriors / Shamans / Hunters only? No other class makes sense to have for em.

Possibly Paladins, saw some Vrykul warrior with wings at the end of the zone before the Sylvanas cinematic.
    I'm thinking:

warrior/shaman/paladin/death knight/priest/hunter

honestly, they really only fit the plate and mail wearing classes, with priest stretching it.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-09-14 at 07:58 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    I would be in favor of this. We need more races that don't look idiotic. How we've got Pandas and not Vrykul is beyond me.
    We got the more important race first. Woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    remember auric
    Captain Auric Sunchaser says: This blade has been returned to us for a reason, my lords. Now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'Delar and avenge the destruction of Silvermoon and the Sunwell.
    That was who I was referencing :P

I think it's time for subraces. It's a long requested feature. High Elves should go to alliance, by the way. They are just Blood elves with blue eyes as far as looks goes. Pretty boring for the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    I think it's time for subraces. It's a long requested feature. High Elves should go to alliance, by the way. They are just Blood elves with blue eyes as far as looks goes. Pretty boring for the horde.
    ask the blood elves !! we want to choose eye color

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Just gimme naga

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    Vrykrul should be a horde race. They need a 'human' race that's not a barbie/ken doll.
    Undead were human, they're not Barbie or Ken dolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    They would have to remodel every building in the entire game to make the doorways higher. LOL.

Vrykul are the predecessors to Humans, confirmed in World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1. Besides the obvious issue of "they are just bigger humans! blizzard lazy af!" rage that would ensue, Tauren already have a hard time getting through doors as it is, just imagine Vrykul and Ogres - whom are much larger than the Tauren - trying to get through those same doors! I can see a Vrykul trying to get into the Trade District Inn, but simply cannot because he or she is simply twice the size or larger than the doorway.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, no they don't. Ogres fit the Horde and should be introduced. Vrykul are the ancestors of humanity and before various groups of them were corrupted were relatively similar in terms of lore and attitude to how certain human groups are nowadays. They still even share things such as their Tyr based history amongst other things.
    Vrykul hate the humans and their brutal nature and closer story of the valkyr through Sylvanas makes it a much better kit and feel. The ogre are a horde race as well, but we are not talking about Ogres here so your argument is invalid.

I REALLY want Vrykul Shamans. Don't know how likely that will be though :\ they'd have to play with the lore.
    Look at your racial leader, now look at Magni, now back at him, sadly, he isn't Magni.

The Bronze Beard King is now diamonds!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Vrykul hate the humans and their brutal nature and closer story of the valkyr through Sylvanas makes it a much better kit and feel. The ogre are a horde race as well, but we are not talking about Ogres here so your argument is invalid.
    Vrykul do not specifically hate humans anymore than they hate other outsiders. King Ymiron in a crisis of faith and being convinced their very creators had turned upon them when more and more of their children were born as humans rather than Vrykul ordered them killed to stop them from spreading and possibly overtaking the entire population. Enough Vrykul went against this some paying with their very lifes to get their children and those of close relatives out because they were still their flesh and blood.

There is no further specific hatred beyond that that isn't applied to other groups aswell. It really feels you're conjuring up pseudo reasons as to why Vrykul would fit your favorite faction rather than the opposite one because you specifically want to have them as playable race for yourself.

They'd fit better on the Horde. They have zero reason to like humans but seem to have a lot in common with Tauren and Orc. They'd probably like Dwarves more than their cursed kin.

I would love to play Vrykul and would change mains (I been paladin since wrath) if that's what it took to play one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Vrykul do not specifically hate humans anymore than they hate other outsiders. King Ymiron in a crisis of faith and being convinced their very creators had turned upon them when more and more of their children were born as humans rather than Vrykul ordered them killed to stop them from spreading and possibly overtaking the entire population. Enough Vrykul went against this some paying with their very lifes to get their children and those of close relatives out because they were still their flesh and blood.

There is no further specific hatred beyond that that isn't applied to other groups aswell. It really feels you're conjuring up pseudo reasons as to why Vrykul would fit your favorite faction rather than the opposite one because you specifically want to have them as playable race for yourself.
    Ok, so yes they hate humans.. this a fact. Without that whole story you just told me which I already know, we still have Sylvanas that has some nice hooks with the Valkyr or I guess that whole storyline more then any race has with the Vrykul.
    Their brutal nature and interesting storyline that we seen in cata woth the forsaken is only being refreshed in Legion.

Their are no links ingame with any other race that we see in questing or story why we would believe the Vrykul want to be with the alliance.

You seem mad and missunderstood. Sorry to burst your bubble bit 2 human races isnt that abit selfish my dear?

Also you realy think: I`L EAT YOUR HEART!
    Ihow does that brutal way not scream horde?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-09-16 at 10:36 PM.

Yeah I really want to see Ogres/Vrykul become playable, and for both factions as well. Going forward stop forcing races into certain factions, and just label them as "Mercenaries." Basically neutral races where you self-decide if you want to work for the Horde or Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ok, so yes they hate humans.. this a fact.
    No, they don't. Not more than they hate everyone else. Ymiron is also dead, just as reminder as is Skadi who was his enforcer.
    we still have Sylvanas that has some nice hooks with the Valkyr or I guess that whole storyline more then any race has with the Vrykul.
    No, just no, Sylvananas has about 1 1/2 Valkyrs left. These Valkyrs don't even directly relate to the ones seen in Stormheim for that matter either. They are Lich King knock offs of the real thing. The Lich Kings Vrykul were annihilated. You are making up stuff again, it's unsightly.
    Their brutal nature and interesting storyline that we seen in cata woth the forsaken is only being refreshed in Legion.
    "Interesting storyline = Horde" what?
    Their are no links ingame with any other race that we see in questing or story why we would believe the Vrykul want to be with the alliance.
    Neither are there for the Horde.
    You seem mad and missunderstood. Sorry to burst your bubble bit 2 human races isnt that abit selfish my dear?
    Not an argument.
    Also you realy think: I`L EAT YOUR HEART!
    Ihow does that brutal way not scream horde?
    Once again, not an argument. Horde has no monopoly on being savage or war like. It would also mean that Belfs, Tauren and Pandas aswell as Trolls to some extent would need to be expelled from the Horde. They all don't fit this "brutal" and "savage" thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stormheim has story with Sylvanas trying to get more valkyr so yes there is more story and there will be more with the odyn raid.

I am loling hard on your not an argumemt comments all the time while you provide nothing realy why they are an alliance race.

The only connection that the Vrykul have with any race is throught the forsaken. The Valkyr were unemployed back in wrath and joined the horde. Your right that that they were part of ymiron. Why does it matter they are still Valkyr and there are more Valkyr in stormheim who she tries to get. The Vrykul look up against these great warriors. Its the only connection in game(again) with them.

It was a little bit of a joke but guess that dint came through, still think they fit the horde so much better. The horde always had the more Savage races which is a fact. The Vrykul fit that theme and I am realy not the only one on this.

Saying they are humanlike so they should automaticly join the alliance is not an argumemt realy. The curse of flesh was still a topic and nothing in the current story states they would like to find their dumped babies so why would that story change they dont hate humans?

Cba trying hard to quote you.. haven`t seen anything worth quoting.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2016-09-19 at 10:10 AM.