Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanMS View Post
    AcidBaron, i knew the state what i dont understand is why they hotfix warrior stuff and simply forget about Frost Dk. Is because DK community is not making 1 million threads like warlocks crying for a revamp? So for them as long as the community doesnt complain it means its all fine.
    Well if enough people cared, there prolly would be a bunch of posts. I for one never enjoyed frost, so I don't care. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Azyurel View Post
    I feel your pain, because I loved Frost and couldn't stand that Frost was bottom of the barrel and Unholy is still at the bottom 50% of Sustained Single Target.
    How do you know this? Simulations? LOL.

Sure, simulations are great for determining spec rankings so long as you are willing to your alpha at 0.95 rather than the standard 0.05

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Boo-hoo.

Chilling to the bone.
    Ahhh... Is that a good or bad chilling?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanMS View Post
    AcidBaron, i knew the state what i dont understand is why they hotfix warrior stuff
    For the record, they hotfixed nerfed arms warriors. So I wouldn't use that as justification for frost to get some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Ahhh... Is that a good or bad chilling?
    Depends on the season, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    There's a Frost thread where people have discussed everything wrong with Frost. You can check it out.
    There are multiple threads with extreme details about how the Warlock class as a whole is fucked. It was mostly ignored and given 2 extra shards as a band aid. Good luck with that.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    There are multiple threads with extreme details about how the Warlock class as a whole is fucked. It was mostly ignored and given 2 extra shards as a band aid. Good luck with that.
    Frost has largely been ignored since cataclysm....we probably understand it more than any other class/spec.

I know. The fact is WoW devs do what they think the game needs. How is it they supposedly need feedback when they have the besttools to determine what each spec needs? It's all a stall tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyssey View Post
    Frost Death Knights as a fantasy class are really interresting, but Blizzard's class developers have totally ruined them. Lets start from the very beggining.
    Lorewise Death Knight's never used exclusively only frost spells or just shadow spells. They used both. To me, one of the biggest mistakes blizzard ever did is that they're trying to make Frost Death Knight's to look like frost mages. Huge mistake. They should be able to use a combination of both shadow and frost power with frost being their main feature. I mean, look at Lich King's spells: Defile, Rise Dead, Remorseless Winter, Ice Block, Necrotic Plague and the list goes on. And the worst part, is that our artifact is actually the freaking Frostmourne, and its abilities are soooo lame. A sword so well known that shapped the history of Azeroth, it doesnt deserve such treatment. Seriously crystalized swords is the best thing the class developers can do? Is there no imagination? It's a sword that harvest souls and rise dead to do our bidding, apart from using some frost abilties, so where is that element? They took one of the best weapons and transform it into a frost mage weapon. Hypothermia? Frozen Soul? seriously? Even Sidnragosa's fury doesn't make any sense. She is free and dead for good this time, so how are we even able to summon her? Just because Lich King summoned her in a cinematic trailer and looked cool, it doesnt mean that it should be a spell. At least imo. That's really lazy to me. The whole spec needs a lot of rework and the developers should for once use their imagination. Oh and btw, the random proc element which is considerable huge on both UH and Frost DKs is really annoying. At least that's my opinion.
    Pardon me for my english.
    My opinion is that they ALMOST have a pretty good fantasy with both specs but frost is lacking one crucial thing: Souls. Unholy is mostly about the physical aspects of death. Something that you can see affecting you. Plagues, rot, disease, and raising the corpses of the fallen to fight as mindless slaves. Frost should deal with the internal aspects of life and death. Freezing effects chilling you from the inside out and manipulating the spirits of the fallen and not the corpses. Arthas did both. He would sometimes use ghosts in his army like banshees or whatever the first two bosses of Halls of Reflections were. He ripped out the souls of his enemies and locked them inside of Frostmourne. I feel like this aspect of the death knight class has been completely forgotten somehow. I suppose they don't want the two specs to feel similar but you don't have to make the souls fight for you like a ghoul does for unholy... just something else. I'm not a game designer but I'm sure I could come up with some good ideas that would still be different enough from other specs.

Deleted

haha warlocky hyperbole at best, there is nothing fucked with warlocks. If you want a real gutted class, go check hunters.

You just care about numbers thats all, didn't see many warlocks complain when they were braindead during MOP or the legion pre patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Get in line.

Everything is under or overtuned. They already said there is going to be a balance patch prior to raids.
    Balance patch will be at the end of the first week of raiding they said.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    haha warlocky hyperbole at best, there is nothing fucked with warlocks. If you want a real gutted class, go check hunters.

You just care about numbers thats all, didn't see many warlocks complain when they were braindead during MOP or the legion pre patch

MoP....

Of course they didn't cry then, they were ~20% ahead of everyone else and guilds were taking 5-10 warlocks for Garrosh 25HC progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    Balance patch will be at the end of the first week of raiding they said.

MoP....

Of course they didn't cry then, they were ~20% ahead of everyone else and guilds were taking 5-10 warlocks for Garrosh 25HC progression.
    those hilarious times where you started thinking "im pretty sure the Warlock can tank this"

and then he did...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    What is frost like in PvP?
    First random BG I tried, it felt like garbage. Then, I gave it another shot, and... it was fucking beastly. If you have competent healers, Frost can dish out a LOT of AoE damage, AND single target pressure at the same time. Solo BG queue, probably better as Blood, unless you feel lucky or have 2+ healers on your team. Only PITA is Razorice not working in PVP instances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Just give it a bit man.

Frost is in a good position to get decently balanced for the first time in a long time - they don't have the 2H v. DW excuse anymore, so I'd just say wait.

Also, it's seriously not that big of a deal if you're not the most cutting-edge raider, and if you are, then you would probably be playing Unholy anyway since it typically is the stronger spec.

But just give them some time, that first tuning could at least show us that they're ready to give Frost a good showing.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Rerolled DK for this expansion. Wanted Frost cause of theme / artifact. Horrible state that spec... At 110 rerolled again.

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt frost fantasy to be undertuned?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    First random BG I tried, it felt like garbage. Then, I gave it another shot, and... it was fucking beastly. If you have competent healers, Frost can dish out a LOT of AoE damage, AND single target pressure at the same time. Solo BG queue, probably better as Blood, unless you feel lucky or have 2+ healers on your team. Only PITA is Razorice not working in PVP instances.
    in PvP it's not as good as Unholy on bigger AoE turtle shitfests (used to be the reverse). The new AoE icy touch they call "Howling Blast" ain't what it used to be anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Since i dont have a legendary yet (grumble!) and the respec cost is only 1k AP, it would not bother me at all really, i have kept my frost and blood weapons with the best Relic's possible so a quick respec and im ready to go in either case.
    That isn't how that works. The respec is within the same weapon, it doesn't let you put power in the other weapons.

Frost is a glass cannon in PvP, except it lacks the mobility of DH or sheer retarded design of rogues to be useful. I feel like it'll see some play due to sheer burst potential with a good healer + another super bursty class by it's side, but it's too slow / too glassy to be fun in BGs or 2v2. It does need buffs though. Wraith Walk needs to be a 25-35s cooldown and make you immune to CC, and frost fever slowing should come back in some way to bring frost DK on par with other classes in utility.

Even with that, I feel like unholy is just better in every way. It has less frequent burst but it's not a full rot spec like it was in the past, it can do some very brutal damage if played right. AND it's not boring as sin to play. It's p. mediocre in PvE (Not BAD, but just middle of the pack) so I hope it gets buffed, though at this point I think we're all used to blizz overbuffing mages and nerfing DKs when the former are in top 5 and the latter are BARELY in top 10.

Deleted
    Just play unholy then and shut up.
    I am always first in damage at bosses and trash as frost. I never had an instance where I had better gear than my party as well.

In bgs im first, if not, then second in damage done and third-fourth on healing done. But please dont degrade bgs into a damage contest. There are objectives and teamplay going on.

Even in 1v1 pvp situations (this is not a thing, however many idiots like you care for it much), we shine and we have really really awesome damage, burst and defensive cds. We also have the most hp than any class / spec i think.

Now if you are talking about the sims, the raids to come and whatnot, please go away. This is only speculating.
    I am 100% happy with my toons performance (both strengths and weaknesses). Its only l2p issue from most of you.

And something else. I had so much "free time" off wow and I read ALL threads regarding frost dks. Every single time I read I always decided to reroll according to the posts... I finally played again and pproved it (again) to myself hoe much you suck.