Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Problem with the Alonsus Chapel was that this was the last and only Place that remained strong with the light and that couldn't be reached by the corruption of the Scourge. That's why Aurius hid there, because in the Alonsus Chapel the Corruption that should turn him into a Death Knight couldn't reach him.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    we have to forgive everyone who doesn't even feels sorry for the sake of being a political correct asshole
    From Liadrin at the end of the Sunwell Plateau raid: "Our arrogance was unpardonable. We damned one of the most noble beings of all. We may never atone for this sin."

She does feel sorry for what she's done, and helped SAVE AZEROTH, something the Argent Dawn were apparently too busy for.

Liadrin has more than made up for victimizing a naaru that knew exactly what was going to happen and willingly sacrificed itself and surrendered without a fight to Kael'thas in Tempest Keep, specifically BECAUSE it would lead to the Blood Elves' rekindled relationship with the Light, and gaining another ally for the Army of Light.

The Argent Dawn are the guys who left the Silver Hand because its leaders were too pre-disposed and proud and self-absorbed to ask help of the Horde, or even the other races of the Alliance. Their goal was to save the world by destroying the Scourge. They cast off all political and racial prejudice in order to come together for the greater good, accepting help from orcs, forsaken, tauren, trolls, and the rest of the Alliance too.

I don't see why you think those guys who forgave the orcs for the first and second wars would be too upset over a silly chapel that was already falling apart anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

The Problem with the Alonsus Chapel was that this was the last and only Place that remained strong with the light and that couldn't be reached by the corruption of the Scourge. That's why Aurius hid there, because in the Alonsus Chapel the Corruption that should turn him into a Death Knight couldn't reach him.
    Good for Aurius. Too bad the Argent Dawn and Scarlet Crusade didn't give two shits about it.

Deleted
    I don't talk about a long term "Yeah, we hate you Blood Knights and we will always hate you". I just think it would be more satisfying and consequent to turn things right with the Silver Hand for this Chapel, instead of acting like their was never something. Could also have been some involvement of Liadrin, helping us to obtain an artifact to repay her debts, kindal ike Aethas did with Felo'melorn.

But now that I think about it, my idea is better than that of Blizzard. Like Hell, why serving the Naaru who will never do something for us and give a shit about those who followed the Light all their lifes, instead only caring for the corrupted and evil? With the Blood Knights in the Silver Hand, we should totally take what rightfuly should belong to us, capture the Naaru to take their power and finally use it to purge the Burning Legion from the Cosmos. Instead of some wise-ass inactive Naaru, we could have the Power of a Ashbringer or even one that excels this old, useless sword for every Paladin. If one Naaru was enough to turn some corrupted unbelievers into Paladins, what could People who already believe and have the Power of the Light do with more Naaru? And probably not even only the Naaru, also those weak Anachorets, the remaining Scarlet Crusaders, Velen, all this holy Power of those who are to weak minded to use it proberly in the Hand of worthy chosen Few could form an Army that equals the dreaded Illidari as a threat to the burning Legion. After all, what are morals or honor against all those lifes that could be saved, but the Naaru don't want to save?

10+ Year Old Account
    It make sense lorewise now with the fact that Elune may be "The Light" or have some to do with the Naaru...sure....I remember when I told folks about that gnome hunter in Shadowmoon was a sign that gnome hunters was coming they laughed at me. It's strongly possible that night elves paladin will be added at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    any class that can be Priest should be able to be Paladin
    Nope, because the Priest is about both Light and Shadow. Paladin is about blind dedication to the Light. Nelves are not like that and other races that have Priest and no Paladin aren;t like that either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Nope, because the Priest is about both Light and Shadow. Paladin is about blind dedication to the Light. Nelves are not like that and other races that have Priest and no Paladin aren;t like that either.
    Most Priests are either Light or Shadow. Holy, pure Light without any Shadow, Shadow pure Void without any Light. Only some Discipline Priests are somewhere in the Middle but even they can be played with using any shadow spell

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    The first Paladins were Lordaeron knights taught in the ways of the Light by Alonsus Foal and other clerics, so I do not see why a cleric cannot be taught in the ways of the Warrior to become a Paladin (EDIT: Turalyon was a Northshire cleric then trained in the ways the knight to become one of the first Paladins).
    Didn't Legion retcon it? I think Prot (or maybe Holy) Pala Artifact quest overview mentioned something about a hidden, ancient order of Paladins guarding it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Most Priests are either Light or Shadow. Holy, pure Light without any Shadow, Shadow pure Void without any Light. Only some Discipline Priests are somewhere in the Middle but even they can be played with using any shadow spell
    Even if they exclusively focus on one, they tend to have an understanding for the opposite side. In the order hall campaign, we see Velen being completely open to a prophecy from the Void, despite being an iconic Holy Priest.

On the contrary, Paladins see the Shadow as something entirely abberant and only bear hostility towards it as opposed to Priests.

Deleted
    Even if they exclusively focus on one, they tend to have an understanding for the opposite side. In the order hall campaign, we see Velen being completely open to a prophecy from the Void, despite being an iconic Holy Priest.

On the contrary, Paladins see the Shadow as something entirely abberant and only bear hostility towards it as opposed to Priests.
    Don't remind me on that shit.

"Oh yeah, we're totally working together with a Force that is pretty much Evil Incarnated, that made Sargeras into the Insane Monster he is now because that's the Will of the Light, the natural opposite to the Void".

And we're speaking of Velen. He's also totally cool with the Orcs raping, torturing, demonic sacrificing and genociding his people.

Everytime you her Velen taking, imagine a Jew who protects the Nazis, that's pretty much how serious we should take him.
    Last edited by mmocfbbaf337eb; 2016-09-16 at 11:46 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe M-Ra has a point. While I personally like the new Liadrin, I would have liked the introduction of the Blood Knights (and the Sunwalker to be precise) to the Silver Hand being more natural. To this extent, for an Alliance Paladin, it would have been more fitting to have Arator as an early follower with Lady Liadrin being an instrumental part of the campaign with a final "forgiveness" and the introduction of the Blood Knights in the Alliance structure.

Also, does anyone know if Liadrin has a unique conversation with a Paladin character or does she keep treating you like a nobody? Or Rommath with an Horde "traitor" Archmage?

Turalyon was a priest before he became a Paladin; Shadow has nothing to do with a Holy Priest.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-09-17 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Like making the Blood Knights those who help us with the Shield of Tyr or the Silver Hand instead of some Cowpriests or Retcon Paladins.

When M-Ra goes headcanon, he goes full headcanon.

I think pre-Sunwell Blood Elves were Lawful Neutral more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Didn't Legion retcon it? I think Prot (or maybe Holy) Pala Artifact quest overview mentioned something about a hidden, ancient order of Paladins guarding it.
    If so then I completely missed it. I have never played a Paladin and I do not intend to anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Don't remind me on that shit.

"Oh yeah, we're totally working together with a Force that is pretty much Evil Incarnated, that made Sargeras into the Insane Monster he is now because that's the Will of the Light, the natural opposite to the Void".

And we're speaking of Velen. He's also totally cool with the Orcs raping, torturing, demonic sacrificing and genociding his people.

Everytime you her Velen taking, imagine a Jew who protects the Nazis, that's pretty much how serious we should take him.
    I think Velen understood that the Orcs were being used by Kil'jaeden and didn't hold them completely responsible for their actions - as an exceedingly long-lived being with a very long-range view of history he would be in such a rarified place to do that. It's not a stance those most other Draenei seem to share in, though; exemplified best by Maraad but pretty prevalent throughout the Draenic populace of Azeroth. As the Prophet, Velen seems to deal in timelines and causalities and he's situated well above the movements of more immediate concerns - even the genocide of his own people.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    It's no secret now, she becomes a Paladin. This means we officially have a Night Elf Paladin in lore. Any thoughts about this? Think the new lore will extend to us, the players, being able to be a NE Paladin?

http://www.wowhead.com/champion=756/...fang#abilities
    According to the chronicles, anything and anyone can wield the light.

So according to the logic you are implying...

MURLOC PALADINS

Deleted
    Doesnt bother me really.

Saying that a night elf cant pick a different path in life and become a paladin makes just as much sense as saying a muslim cant pick a different path in life and become a christian priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Doesnt bother me really.

Saying that a night elf cant pick a different path in life and become a paladin makes just as much sense as saying a muslim cant pick a different path in life and become a christian priest.
    And I doubt Tyrande's gonna declare Delas an apostate and order her executed, so it's even easier.

I mean, look -- if we generally agree that the quest in Wrath with Aponi was sufficient plot justification for Tauren Paladin, than certainly Delas being a major plot line of the whole Paladin class campaign will be enough for Night Elf Paladin. I pretty much judge all these things by whether they make me getting a blood elf druid more, or less, likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think Velen understood that the Orcs were being used by Kil'jaeden and didn't hold them completely responsible for their actions - as an exceedingly long-lived being with a very long-range view of history he would be in such a rarified place to do that. It's not a stance those most other Draenei seem to share in, though; exemplified best by Maraad but pretty prevalent throughout the Draenic populace of Azeroth. As the Prophet, Velen seems to deal in timelines and causalities and he's situated well above the movements of more immediate concerns - even the genocide of his own people.
    Yeah, Velen has as much self-respect is to taken as seriously as a hypothetical jew who claims that the workers in Death Camps only followed orders and are in truth heroes and are not to blame.

So, why should a Paladin ever forgive the Blood Knights only because Velen and the Naaru, beings that watch and laugh while their followers die, say so? When did the Naaru ever something for those who already believe in Light?

Yeah, Velen has as much self-respect is to taken as seriously as a hypothetical jew who claims that the workers in Death Camps only followed orders and are in truth heroes and are not to blame.

So, why should a Paladin ever forgive the Blood Knights only because Velen and the Naaru, beings that watch and laugh while their followers die, say so? When did the Naaru ever something for those who already believe in Light?
    Because the Naaru objectively know better?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Well there is the old Pandaren Death Knight follower everyone knows about, but I would not expect them to be able to be DK anytime soon. However any class that can be Priest should be able to be Paladin imo. Night Elf and Undead Paladins would be real cool. Neither are anymore outlandish then Tauren Paladins : p
    Same could be said about any race who can be a warrior. The Light can save them and teach them holy powers a lot quicker than a Priest can get good with a sword and shield.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!