Page 38 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kota887 View Post
    hmm 46% crit, 2% haste, 15% mastery and 9% versatility. This doesn't seem right, stupid drops
    Yes it seems right because you were lucky. 15 mythics without a drop I didn't have or with shitty stats at the same ilvl. 3 total drops. Yes you heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendoor View Post
    Not expecting a nerf to Havoc burst AOE was a little naive. At least the mentioned it will mostly just be Fel Barrage.
    They should buff our sustained aoe then tbh, some classes will wrech us on sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by collata View Post
    I did some simulations with my char and wonder why Demon Blades performs better in ST and even in MT then Prepared.
    Unfortunatly I can't link the simulations I did because of my restrictions of new member...so did anyone else has the same results?!

Are my simulations "wrong" or did anything changed about that talent choices?
    This happens when you get more and more crit compared to other stats.

Vanyali (or anyone with experience from raid test)

Could I ask for any tips or tricks on how best to use Momentum on the upcoming Emerald Nightmare raid? Are there any that Momentum would be particularly bad on?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by benj3 View Post
    If you read the first post it would tell you absolutely everything you need to know.
    Im new in wow and i dont really understand what those Stat Weights means. can u explain at least this one thing to me?

Out of curiosity is anyone else simming extremely low on Single Target? Obviously I know it's simming and 'extremely low' is a relative term, but with 844 ilevel 40.16% Crit, 12.16% Haste, 15.91% Mastery and 5.91% Versatility (all unbuffed) I'm only simming around 163k DPS. Compare that to a Fire Mage who's a few Ilevels ahead with some nice stats (no legendary either) who's simming 287k on a Patchwerk style fight. I understand we're more geared towards AOE as are my talents at the moment but is the severity that high? Over 120k DPS difference? Just wanted to check if this was 'normal' or for some reason I'm mucking something up on my sims.

On hectic add cleave I absolutely destroy aforementioned mage, but I think we all expected that anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Draekan

If you're using SimulationCraft, download the mod SimulationCraft from curse and use that to copy/paste your character string for simming. Importing from the armory doesn't take the artifact in to account, so it always displays abnormally low DPS.

If you're using something else to sim, look up some trouble shooting, they may suffer from the same issue.

(Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Fel Barrage proc rate changed to be consistent, regardless of target count.

welp, not as bad as it could have been. larger pulls allowing for 5 stacks then fury then 5 more stacks is pretty stupid, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    @Draekan

If you're using SimulationCraft, download the mod SimulationCraft from curse and use that to copy/paste your character string for simming. Importing from the armory doesn't take the artifact in to account, so it always displays abnormally low DPS.

If you're using something else to sim, look up some trouble shooting, they may suffer from the same issue.
    Hey man cheers for the reply. I believe, and I'm not entirely sure, that SimC just put out a new version today that works. I could be wrong but I downloaded it just and it appears to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by Phanex View Post
    Vanyali (or anyone with experience from raid test)

Could I ask for any tips or tricks on how best to use Momentum on the upcoming Emerald Nightmare raid? Are there any that Momentum would be particularly bad on?
    There's really nothing notable, except *learn the encounters*. they'll help massively.

Ah man thats really lame I liked how it would generate a lot of procs it made it a more core part of your rotation in AoE situations. If it doesn't generate stacks faster it will feel like you basically never press it. Would rather they nerf the damage instead but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkraven View Post
    Ah man thats really lame I liked how it would generate a lot of procs it made it a more core part of your rotation in AoE situations. If it doesn't generate stacks faster it will feel like you basically never press it. Would rather they nerf the damage instead but oh well.
    That would be a nerf to single target aswell, so no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing, if they go through with this hotfix for Fel Barrage, we're all going Chaos Blades for all situations ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    I am guessing, if they go through with this hotfix for Fel Barrage, we're all going Chaos Blades for all situations ?
    I don't think anyone knows to what extent they nerfed the procrate yet.

Is there a set opener in paper anywhere? I for the life of me cannot figure out the proper single target opener. This is assuming there is no adds involved what so ever.

Here is what I'm currently doing:

Fel Rush
    FoTI
    2xGT
    Demons Bite to 50-80 Fury
    Metamorphosis
    Fel Rush
    2x Chaos Strike/Annihilation
    Vengeful Retreat
    Chaos Strike/Annihilation
    Glave Throw
    Chaos Strike/Annihilation
    Fel Rush
    2x Chaos Strike/Annihilation

And I can't seem to do over 300k on a single target fight, but I've seen other Havocs do well over 300k

Deleted
    Quick question is the stat prio still the same as it says on the first page ( Crit > Versa > Haste (for fle barrage) and Crit > Haste > Versa (chaos blades)?? )
    Cus i've seen alot of dh's running around with gear and having their stat prio like Crit>haste>mastery or something like that?

That's probably more to do with gear drops than choice. My vers is really low, like 3% I think and mastery is at 16%

- - - Updated - - -

Will be interesting to see how the nerf fel barrage to be less bursty but still (hopefully) retain the same average damage output. Was thinking what if they reduced the charges that can be banked to 3 or 4, but increased the proc/recharge rate so it's up more often?
    Demon Hunter Chakan [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/chàkan[/URL]
    Death Knight Eosforos [URL=https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/frostmourne/eosforos[/URL]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    This happens when you get more and more crit compared to other stats.
    My stats are atm
    Agility 22071, Critical Strike 41.89%, Haste 7.72%, Mastery 17.87% Versatility 4.60%
    So should i "follow" the simulations and go for DB insted of Prepared? The difference is around 6kdps so not that minor

EDIT:
    I did some simulations where I increase statas like Haste and Versatility while staying at ~42% crit.
    In every simulations DB was the better talent. So it seems like we should rethink our talentchoice.
    Last edited by mmoc752173a35b; 2016-09-17 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    That's probably more to do with gear drops than choice. My vers is really low, like 3% I think and mastery is at 16%

- - - Updated - - -

Will be interesting to see how the nerf fel barrage to be less bursty but still (hopefully) retain the same average damage output. Was thinking what if they reduced the charges that can be banked to 3 or 4, but increased the proc/recharge rate so it's up more often?
    Seeing how they only changed the proc rate, I see our burst being exactly the same. ST the recharge is also the same, only in pulls we're not going to use FB two times, but that's minor, honestly.

We will still be bursting for 2M lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by collata View Post
    My stats are atm
    Agility 22071, Critical Strike 41.89%, Haste 7.72%, Mastery 17.87% Versatility 4.60%
    So should i "follow" the simulations and go for DB insted of Prepared? The difference is around 6kdps so not that minor

EDIT:
    I did some simulations where I increase statas like Haste and Versatility while staying at ~42% crit.
    In every simulations DB was the better talent. So it seems like we should rethink our talentchoice.
    what how?!

I simmed mine and using prep is a 6k dps increase over demon blades, I'm 40% crit, 5% haste and 18% mastery and 9% vers unbuffed