Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Jokes on politics and politicians are as common in the US as oxygen. You are making a much bigger deal out of it than it is, because of your bias.
    I'm only interested in it since people are taking it so seriously. I guess you don't think this is a big deal, but I think you might be underestimating the impact here. It might actually be a good strategy for the anti-Trump crowd to 'make an example of' anyone who humanizes Trump, or the strategy might actually help Trump if the targets either fight back or non-partisans think Hillary supporters are acting like zealots.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Yeah hold on, let me whip out that letter from Kim LaCapria confessing to her personal liberal bias, so you could proceed to tell me why that doesn't prove anything.

I could hardly imagine a bigger waste of time than trying to "prove" anything to you or your ilk.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
    Pretty sure there's no such letter, or you're mistaking her personal political outlook for bias, when they aren't the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Careful Big Red, you've done your fair share of source shaming.
    There's a difference. My issue with outlets like Fox News is that they explicitly state their intentional bias, like when Chris Wallace said their goal was to show "the other side" of the news. That's stating that they present a deliberately biased outlook, to "balance" the rhetoric against others they perceive to be similarly biased. And let's not pretend there aren't reams of studies and analyses that quantify their specific bias; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Ne...reporting_bias

My issue with others is that their stories are often wild misrepresentations of fact. It has nothing to do with their political leanings.

This is my point. There's quantitative analysis that shows bias, in those cases. The only thing I've seen about Politifact (or Wikipedia) is that they aren't equal in their treatment; Politifact shows more lies by Republicans. That's only bias if Republicans aren't actually lying more often. If they are, it's just good reporting. So pointing to that imbalance does not demonstrate bias, not unless you can actually point out issues they've flagged incorrectly.

Which isn't to say there aren't sites biased against the right/for the left. Rationalwiki, for instance, isn't anything I'd consider reputable. I wouldn't link it. But linking to the likes of Breitbart is just as bad.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-09-17 at 01:49 AM.

Yes, the Clinton blogs are of the highest standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    here's a difference. My issue with outlets like Fox News is that they explicitly state their intentional bias, like when Chris Wallace said their goal was to show "the other side" of the news. That's stating that they present a deliberately biased outlook, to "balance" the rhetoric against others they perceive to be similarly biased. And let's not pretend there aren't reams of studies and analyses that quantify their specific bias; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Ne...reporting_bias

My issue with others is that their stories are often wild misrepresentations of fact. It has nothing to do with their political leanings.

This is my point. There's quantitative analysis that shows bias, in those cases. The only thing I've seen about Politifact (or Wikipedia) is that they aren't equal in their treatment; Politifact shows more lies by Republicans. That's only bias if Republicans aren't actually lying more often. If they are, it's just good reporting. So pointing to that imbalance does not demonstrate bias, not unless you can actually point out issues they've flagged incorrectly.
    I get what you're saying friend but there's truth and then there's political truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    So was birtherism good or bad?
    Was Trump lying about Obama being born in the USA today? Or was Trump lying the last 8 years about it?
    I skipped over pretty much 98% of that fad. I don't know what he said - and at this point questioning Obama's birth is equal to saying "he was born in Kenya" even though there's a big difference. I just thought it was funny to watch Huff-N-Puff dance haha.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what you're saying friend but there's truth and then there's political truth.
    That sentiment is exactly the issue.

It's flat-out wrong. There's just reality.

...what does that even mean...

- - - Updated - - -

I skipped over pretty much 98% of that fad. I don't know what he said - and at this point questioning Obama's birth is equal to saying "he was born in Kenya" even though there's a big difference. I just thought it was funny to watch Huff-N-Puff dance haha.
    Here is a 3 minute refresher of the birther claims Trump made. Was he lying when he made them? Or is he lying today?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    ...what does that even mean...
    He has a grand-master degree in liberal arts, don't question him.

That sentiment is exactly the issue.

It's flat-out wrong. There's just reality.
    Nah, political truth is a real complex.

Hillary Clinton broke 5 laws.
    Hillary Clinton is innocent.

Unemployment numbers are manipulated.
    Unemployment numbers aren't manipulated.

Securing the border is a matter of national security.
    Securing the border is racist.

You are very very adamant about always being right and about everybody else, if they disagree, always being wrong and I hate to break this to you its just not how the world works - especially when it comes to political discourse.

Not trying to be rude, that's just my observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Here is a 3 minute refresher of the birther claims Trump made. Was he lying when he made them? Or is he lying today?
    Sounds like he took a worthwhile issue of confirming a President's citizenship and drove it to a whole batshit crazy level. Given what happened today it sounds a lot like typical politician flip flopping. These snakes are always saying what they really believe right up till the moment they are judged for it on a larger scale; elections. When elections are involved all of the sudden a life-long belief changes to align with whatever opinion will yield the most votes at the time. Sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    He has a grand-master degree in liberal arts, don't question him.
    Huh? Was this referring to me?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, political truth is a real complex.
    What you call "political truth" is just propagandic lies.

Hillary Clinton broke 5 laws.
    Hillary Clinton is innocent.
    The former isn't true. The FBI investigation was pretty clear about this; there were no grounds on which to bring charges. Here's a tip; for most things to be considered "breaking the law", you need to have intent. Accidentally stepping onto your neighbour's lawn while mowing yours isn't "trespassing", no matter how much your asshole neighbour rants about it.

Unemployment numbers are manipulated.
    Unemployment numbers aren't manipulated.
    You're using "manipulated" incorrectly, if you're claiming the former.

Securing the border is a matter of national security.
    Securing the border is racist.
    This aren't even contradictory, and I've never heard anyone claim the latter.

What you call "political truth" is just propagandic lies.

The former isn't true. The FBI investigation was pretty clear about this; there were no grounds on which to bring charges. Here's a tip; for most things to be considered "breaking the law", you need to have intent. Accidentally stepping onto your neighbour's lawn while mowing yours isn't "trespassing", no matter how much your asshole neighbour rants about it.

You're using "manipulated" incorrectly, if you're claiming the former.

This aren't even contradictory, and I've never heard anyone claim the latter.
    Not true that you need to prove intent. Just as the one guy on the Trump/Clinton Forum - if he did things that Hillary has done, he'd be in jail, even if he didn't intentionally do it. And even if he they didn't throw him in jail, he would have been dishonorably discharged.

Thus, the simple is that the things Hillary has done, should disqualify her from being elected president. And that's just one aspect and more coming out every day.

Further, intent really doesn't matter in a lot of cases. You can be thrown in jail for involuntary manslaughter. If you trespass on government property, you can get thrown in jail, if you violate the White House perimiter even if you have no designs on harming the president, you will get thrown in jail.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-09-17 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, its a non-plan plan. Its exactly what we are doing now with drones, but we aren't going to do what else he wants to do. You know target the families and waterboard them like he wants to. His plan, is the current one already in effect. With airstrikes.
    A "non-plan plan" still sounds like a plan to me. And we could be doing more on a scale of drones to Dresden there's a lot more that can be done with airstrikes.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Thus, the simple is that the things Hillary has done, should disqualify her from being elected president. And that's just one aspect and more coming out every day.
    Please explain why breaking laws to a degree that was considered not sufficient for prosecution disqualifies Hillary. The only answer I've ever gotten out of anyone is 'I think it should therefore it should.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    A "non-plan plan" still sounds like a plan to me. And we could be doing more on a scale of drones to Dresden there's a lot more that can be done with airstrikes.
    Not really. If we step up airstrikes, it steps up accidental airstrikes that also increase the chances of terrorists being created and terrorist acts committed.

Please explain why breaking laws to a degree that was considered not sufficient for prosecution disqualifies Hillary. The only answer I've ever gotten out of anyone is 'I think it should therefore it should.'
    that depends on who you ask? There are many who think the FBI is in on this and in Hillarys pocket. Just as a lot of the DNC fraud issues, and the firing of those DNC heads magically get rehired by Hillary within an hour of them being fired.... or at least those that didn't wind up dead....

If it disqualifies Clinton, then Trump should definitely be out.

- - - Updated - - -

that depends on who you ask? There are many who think the FBI is in on this and in Hillarys pocket. Just as a lot of the DNC fraud issues, and the firing of those DNC heads magically get rehired by Hillary within an hour of them being fired.... or at least those that didn't wind up dead....
    That is because those people live in this little place where reality doesn't exist and conspiracy theories are the only way of life. You know, like Infowars, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity. You know, like you just did with the bullshit "wind up dead" comment that isn't based on reality. Or DNC officials being hired by Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    If it disqualifies Clinton, then Trump should definitely be out.

- - - Updated - - -

That is because those people live in this little place where reality doesn't exist and conspiracy theories are the only way of life. You know, like Infowars, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity. You know, like you just did with the bullshit "wind up dead" comment that isn't based on reality. Or DNC officials being hired by Hillary.
    DWS..... Seth Rich.... look it up

There's an amazing amount of information out there about Hillary, all you have to do is look.

Granted, that doesn't make Trump a good candidate. I wouldn't vote for Trump either, but Hillary is hiding a lot.

Further, in terms of email issues, she admitted it. She said it was a mistake that she didn't know even though she knew that what she was doing on her private server was classified. And it's completely illogical to think that a person like Hillary who has worked in the government, essentially all of her adult live, and worked with classified material for a lot of that time wouldn't know what classified material is. Claiming she didn't know then has to be an outright lie.

Then blaming it on the Russians, yet still, even if it was Russian hackers exposing this, it's still an admission by her.
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2016-09-17 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that depends on who you ask? There are many who think the FBI is in on this and in Hillarys pocket.
    Well that sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. And since the GOP asked the Attorney General and the Department of Justice, and they haven't done anything (yet, I guess) they must be in on it. And since the House and Senate never moved to censure her (well if they did, I can't find it and it was never resolved -- the House and Senate haven't censured anyone in years) they must be in on it too!

As for the deaths, this might help.

http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/10/4th...ed-to-the-dnc/

Yeah...see that "snopes" in the address? You know this won't end well for your suggestion. But I guess the DC police and the Omaha World Herald are in on it, too? That's a pretty strange conspiracy.

If hillary bowed out of the race today and was replaced would you democrats be happy or sad?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If hillary bowed out of the race today and was replaced would you democrats be happy or sad?
    Is she even legally capable of stepping down and/or being replaced? She's already on the ballot on all states. Many states have already had absentee voting open.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.