The last artifact weapon upgrade to ebonchill cost me around 1k ap... the next one...

costs over 6k ap...

O K, I think it might be time to start pumping ap into another weapon! Time for some aluneth boosts. When did you all stop pumping all your ap into one weapon? or did you ever stop?

I switched from fury to arms at the 16k trait. Figured that I didn't want to pump any more AP into those until they balanced them out a bit. While I dislike arms, I dislike low dps even more.

The more you increase your weapon, the higher the cost.

One super strong weapon is better than two other mediocre weapons that you aren't using.

Make sure you are researching at your order hall.

Most hardcore players have about level 20, most casual raiders have 16 in their primary.

That said, it is extremely easy to get the first 13 levels of an artifact. Most people will get 13 for all specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The more you increase your weapon, the higher the cost.

One super strong weapon is better than two other mediocre weapons that you aren't using.

Make sure you are researching at your order hall.

Most hardcore players have about level 20, most casual raiders have 16 in their primary.
    *cough* 23 *cough*

filthy casual <3

Scrub Resto Druid Trying to Make a Difference

I put 13 points into 1 weapon and I'm working on point 20 for my main weapon.

Most people (raiders, at least) are pumping 1 weapon or maybe 2 if the second spec is better at mythic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may think that is high but my next trait costs 50,880 artifact power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a mage, I'm a druid, but I hope I can still chime in. I got all my weapons to 13 evenly, then got guardian and resto to 16, then pushed resto to 22. So my current split is 22-Resto/16-Guard/13-Balance/13-Feral

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loktark View Post
    You may think that is high but my next trait costs 50,880 artifact power.
    It only gets worse. 64,800 strug life

The only AP I've gotten is from zone quest rewards and some missions, I will just barely have my first artifact research upgrade today so that will start to speed things up a bit.

I started leveling after legion came out though since I came back from a long hiatus since 2010. But at this point I would be spinning my wheels trying to get another 6k at my current ap gain intake so I'll just pump points into Aluneth. I still regret not using it more since apparently it smack talks.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    costs over 6k ap...

O K, I think it might be time to start pumping ap into another weapon! Time for some aluneth boosts. When did you all stop pumping all your ap into one weapon? or did you ever stop?
    Um. Hm. You're worried about 6k AP eh?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

All my AP will go into fire until it's max. I enjoy fire more then the other specs and I agree that a super strong weapon is better then 2 or 3 weapons at a lower level.

Gotta balance AP between specs you play often enough I guess though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    Do you have 4 legendaries now with all those 5mans you run?

I have 18 points in my Havoc weapon and 14 in my Vengeance. I plan to dump another 2 or 3 points into Vengeance to get the second golden trait and then move back to Havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm enjoying that you don't actually have to 'play' too much in order to collect AP. my only leveling toon is 105 (Havoc DH) they cleared 1 zone and are working on a second but for a while now I've just been doing missions with the order resources I'd collected and their next trait is a second golden dragon. granted I also just ran out of resources tonight so I need to get back to questing / treasure collecting. the reason that I've been doing it this way is it's a good way to feel OP while questing. granted Havoc may feel that way anyway.. not sure.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well frost is my main spec So I'll stop leveling Ebonchill once it's maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Actarius View Post
    *cough* 23 *cough*

filthy casual <3
    I went hardcore and just 1k to hit 21th trait and u got 23!?

Are you even human?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pumping all my AP into Fire since I don't plan to play frost/arcane very much but on my pally I've put most into ret but once I got to the BoP trait I started level prot since it can be useful for dungeons/WQs. Makes more sense to split when your OS' are actually useful some other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curnivore View Post
    Do you have 4 legendaries now with all those 5mans you run?
    I have 0.

Heart Broken </3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I went hardcore and just 1k to hit 21th trait and u got 23!?

Are you even human?
    I am machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    costs over 6k ap...

Very constructive. I am glad you have posted here. See, my post is just as constructive.

Do artifact research.