Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    But soon in this case is almost certainly this expansion. Unless Blizz intends to force Artifacts going forward come hell or 80 talent points.
    Yes, by soon I meant this x-pac. Should've clarified. End him forever? Probably not. Insert plot-device to push final boss back from whence he came but it doesn't end up actually killing him.

I think we are going to start world hopping in WoW.

If there is an Azshara expansion, she will teleport to a different world and we follow her or something along those lines, because the standard "seas" expansion there just isn't quite enough to do with it and it's too standard. UNLESS they somehow figure out a way to completely connect the whole world seamlessly and we sail around in boats, which would be pretty awesome, but I don't see that happening.

I think we will take legion technology and start using it to go to different worlds. Creatively this makes a ton of sense as they can essentially go on forever and there could be 50 other worlds similar to Azeroth deep in the cosmos. All with continents and unique races and history, etc.

New threat will be void lords and they will be going forward for basically ever as they are the biggest threat to the cosmos (see chronicle)

New features:

- New spell animations
    - Race and class customizations. More customization to current races and unique ways to customize your class.
    - Some classes will have better mobility due to the DH's being so popular (I personally feel they should increase movement speed across the board to make movement feel more fluid and less sloggy)
    - Azeroth, Pandaria, Northrend, Draenor will have level scaling, so you can level an alt where you want.
    - 2 new races, potentially completely new to WoW.

Given how 3 more senior staff left today from Wow and in conjunction with the others that have been leaving for different reasons in the last few weeks, Im more and more inclined to think there isn't going to be another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Given how 3 more senior staff left today from Wow and in conjunction with the others that have been leaving for different reasons in the last few weeks, Im more and more inclined to think there isn't going to be another expansion.
    This game will go on forever. They make ridiculous amounts of money on it and they've said more than once they are already working on future expansions and have them lined up and organized now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Can we already stop with this last expansion bullshit? ty

With everything legion has done for races and sub races, I can't fathom them not doing a character creation/sub races massive overhaul.
    Theme, I'd put good money on nzoth/kul tiras/under sea but not necessarily all swimming zone.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    or...mind you tell me if i'm wrong.
    so the broken isles are on azeroth not the twisting nether.
    so we aren't even killing them, just making em waste their energy opening portals, so we push em back for a timie now
    then azshara / pirates-south seas, which at the end of, we are warned by some demons we made friends with in legion(or enslaved races)
    that they will be coming back.
    and then we assault them on their own damned world?
    Twisting nether expansion? (maybe 1-3 expansions before that, lots could be done)

how about one of the filler expansions be the version of azeroth that had its link severed to our WoD'raenor, comes asking for help? no heroes there to stop ragnaros, etc...who knows... but Warlords of Azeroth, has a nice ring to it, even if it is more of that timetravel/alternate reality bs...
    (no one stops the new azeroths evil villains)
    edit--_anyone good enough with Lore, that they'd be able to say what would have gone wrong in Azeroth had dark portal never popped up? could be a huge anti-alliance expansion since the orcs are what bound the horde into a faction, tauren belfs etc subjugated to an evil alliance bent on world domination since they never got their butts handed to em? what else? (just that there's been a lot of anti-horde sentiment going on with expansions, it's about time there's an anti human, or straight anti alliance element(ofc not our azeroths alliance, what the old world alliance became with not orc invasion)

since wod, blizz could do ANYTHING.
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-17 at 06:30 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

So just thought of this to go with my earlier theory that we world hop...

The ley lines under broken isles come can be used to power the portal and we make one after we activate the last ley line presumably under Nighthold.

We combine that power with legion technology we now have. It fits like a glove

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will pull a new card from their sleeve:

Arcadia, a new continent to the west of Kalimdor. Volcanic, and full of turtles and war.
    ...Just a guess. We go there because we, the main heroes, are banished with Khadgar for tampering with demonic magicks.

8.0 = Zandalar/Seas or Old Gods or both.
    Subrace Revamp
    World Quest 2.0
    All BGs Revamped (Textures)
    All Arenas Revamped (Textures)
    Profession Revamp (Think Runescape or EVE)

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Blizz will pull a new card from their sleeve:

Arcadia, a new continent to the west of Kalimdor. Volcanic, and full of turtles and war.
    ...Just a guess. We go there because we, the main heroes, are banished with Khadgar for tampering with demonic magicks.
    This is neat and I like how you referenced the turtles. An entire continent based around war and fire would be cool.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-09-17 at 08:41 PM.

I'll just recycle my guess from last time and go with The Darkside of Elune. Short expansion, no new race or classes, mostly involving the elf/troll ancestry as well as going to the moon and confronting Elune.

My one wish so far for the next expansion: subraces.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I love these kinds of threads!
    A new race or two? Sure, I can see that happening!
    It is either going to be sub-races or 1 / 2 new races for us to choose between.

I really do want an Azshara expansion like I've mentioned so many times before, but I do not know if there's enough content for her to have her own expansion after
    Legion. They did afterall use the Broken Isles for Legion and I am pretty sure we'll kill off N'zoth in 7.2 or 7.4, and that leaves us with her alone. One big baddie is not enough to drive an expansion forward, you're gonna need more than that, but I can be wrong. They can save N'zoth for later and let us deal with KJ first, but I think he'll be the final boss of Legion.

So if we're gonna make speculations we gotta first start with what Legion is gonna contain so here goes:
    Legion: Karazhan / Valor > Zandalar(N'zoth)> Broken Shore escalation (Much like how Icecrown was before the ICC raid) > Tomb of Sargeras
    OR if they are planning on doing no content gap there might be patches up to 7.6 so that means after Zandalar > Kul Tiras > Azshara raid > Broken Shore > ToS

Azshara Expansion: Undermine, Ny'alotha (If we do not kill N'zoth in Legion), Nazjatar, Tel Abim, Some Atlantis type shit, Kul Tiras.

Argus: No idea about zones on that planet, but Army of the Light would mean that every race gets the paladin / priest class, sub race expansion this time around as in lore it says the Army of Light was made up by every race etc

Then there's the issue with Illidan becoming this child of light, and it would be weird if they put an Azshara expansion inbetween Legion and Argus, we can't leave Azeroth until Azshara is dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I think we are going to start world hopping in WoW.
    I would enjoy it if we did have world hopping. It would be nice if there was a whole new world to start out on that's as large and expansive as Azeroth. Is it possible we will be going to Argus?

I would like them to change retribution, protection paladin, beast mastery, marksman hunter, demonology, affliction warlock, guardian druid and all the rogue specs to the way they were in WOD. I would like them to restore their specification abilities back to the way they were in WOD.

Theme wise, I think it would make sense to add two new classes. A necromancer class that is ranged dps and healing. A steam punk tinker style class with a ranged dps spec, a melee tank spec and a healing spec.

I don't really care if the added another race to the game. I would like to be able to play a tauren and draenai demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I certainly hope the pre-argus expansion event is us actually traveling to the planet in the Exodar.

Actually, now that I think about it, an Azshara expansion might not seem that far off, 50% of WoD was legion related, 100% of the current Expansion if they did Argus right after then that'd mean we'd have to have three expansions in a row with demons being the main bad guys (let's be honest, the orcs weren't the big baddies in WOD) and that is not good for business.

And they said they want to scale the old zones as well, so I think we might see Azshara flooding some of the zones as a pre-expansion event, Naga invasions and thus they'll have to redo some of the more boring zones like Desolace. I am not talking about a complete overhaul like Cataclysm, just a few of the zones. Much like the Legion only invaded certain zones in the Pre-legion event.

And if we're getting a new race next expansion then it might as well be the Coilskar Naga, they're certainly big in numbers so that would make sense.
    And to anyone saying it is too hard for them to be a race, no it is not. The Worgen is a perfect example of how a clunky race can be put into the game as a playable race.

Azshara will open a portal to Argus, which we will follow her into.

We'll use the ley lines in Suramar and legion technology to open the portal and follow her to Argus, which will be a totally new planet, although we will be limited to one region.

Once there we will seek out the "army of light" and join their cause. Illidan will be our leader and our tie to them for some contrived reason.

The new "big bad" will be the void lords and their minions, but Argus is a whole world with a history in and of itself, so there will be lots going on.

Going forward in WoW we will be venturing more into Argus and go to other planets, which is essentially endless.

Next time we go back to Azeroth we'll have boats which will be a feature and allowing the whole world to finally be travelled seamlessly. This also means adding the areas the game has been missing (Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Undermines). This will be 2-3 expansions away.

You heard it here first!

10+ Year Old Account
    With mention of the Army of Light attacking Argus in Legion, I suspect we'll see that world as part of the final Legion patch.

Deleted
    Tinker as a class and the end of the bullshit faction war, that would make me wet my pants.

its pretty much either Argus or fighting NZoth and Azshara