Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    ...I dunno what Riot is gonna do with all the talent they're hoarding though. Their playerbase is huge, their revenue is on point, and it all goes to a game that just adds champs, web pages and not much else.
    Riot are working on at least one other game, it doesn't take much imagination to guess what kind of game that is.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Legion is the last expansion. Get ready for Warcraft 4 boys.
    definetly seems so -they even told that this time expansion could be longer - so my guess we are looking for 3 + years expansion with warcraft 4 seting new lore milestones somewhere around early 2019.

People are romanticizing their favorite video game developers. It's childish. They act like it's the Beatles. They think it's the chemistry of John, Paul, George and Ringo sitting together, making magic happen. Oh no, someone left the band.

Time to grow up kids.

Simply a byproduct of time.

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that many blizz staff have remained there way over the average for the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Riot are working on at least one other game, it doesn't take much imagination to guess what kind of game that is.
    Heh World of league of legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Not offending you OP but seriously, who gives a fuck? As long as they provide content to me (or the players in general), I don't give a flying fuck on who leaves and who stays.
    Sums it up for me.
    Don't care who works there. The only thing I care about is the game.

that would be depressing...ending on a weak point. : /

This game will get expansions for many, many more years, although I don't think they will ever be as grand as Legion. The game is still popular and they make a lot of money on it. It does sort of feel like the end of an era with this expansion though.

I do feel it is kind of strange so many people top people are leaving Blizzard after the launch of Legion and it seems more than one is going to Riot (hint?)

I'd say if anyone has a chance at going against Blizzard, it's Riot. There a relatively fresh-blooded company with retarded amounts of money and the #1 game in the world.

Blizzard is kind of becoming the cool guy from high school that is clearly showing his age, but still tries to be young and cool.

Riot is kind of the current cool guy.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2016-09-17 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadiib View Post
    Yeah with them redoing alot of the lore to make it more cohesive and flesh stuff out, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with an mmo in the Runeterra universe within the next 7 years.

Deleted
    I take it nobody has ever left Blizzard before, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I take it nobody has ever left Blizzard before, then.
    Not 5 or so senior staff from the same game of bliz in the span of a few weeks. No.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    I dunno what Riot is gonna do with all the talent they're hoarding though.
    I always wondered why they're called "Riot games" when they only have ONE game? Maybe they are working on another project.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    that would be depressing...ending on a weak point. : /
    Seems like you're already chronically depressed. Legion is awesome dude, you need to take the necessary steps to become able to have fun again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinesun View Post
    Not 5 or so senior staff from the same game of bliz in the span of a few weeks. No.
    How would you even know that? Have you been so closely following the hirings and firings and people quitting their jobs at Blizzard for the past 12 years?

Sometimes people are thinking about leaving but stay on because working with old friends is a big draw. When some of those quit, not only is the thing holding you back removed but their enthusiasm about trying new things might inspire a desire for change.
    And let's not forget that many of these people are quite well off, so they can afford to take risk with their career.
    The generally good reception of Legion could also create the impression that you're leaving on a high note and not bailing ship cause you wrecked the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    How would you even know that? Have you been so closely following the hirings and firings and people quitting their jobs at Blizzard for the past 12 years?
    yes, that's the whole point of the post. When your senior staff like Metzen leave, a little bit of the spirit of the game goes with it. He basically formed much of what WoW is today. When those staff leave the game takes on a different persona, for good or for bad. For example, it's no secret the game has become more and more accessible over time to a much larger audience. Guilds are basically worthless now since they have added cross realm grouping. Alt characters are basically dead with the advent of artifact weapons. All of these concepts came from the Sr staff.

Once you lose the core of the product management and development team the game takes on a different personality.
    You may love it or you may hate it but it will definitely be different.

Deleted
    I think it is normal for changes to occur just after they release an xpac. They were surely hanging on because of that; keeping until release of xpac so all of their work would be finished. So, nothing strange here.

Many people wait to leave their jobs until all their projects are finished.

They have to stay working there till they die.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Whats the draw for a LoL mmo though? There's no heavy emotional investment leading in, the market is saturated as is, the subscription model is kinda dead, and it's a shitton of work to support an mmo. They're making money hand over fist churning out champs to run around on their 2(3?) maps. I mean i gues there are other options but I cant think of any right now. Guess we'll find out.

Deleted
    red flag for the company. something is really going down over there.

although according to his twitter the james waugh guy seems to be a narcissistic Hillary supporter, so can't be that big of a loss.

Infracted: Remarks about current U.S. politics are off-topic and unnecessary in this forum. {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-09-18 at 12:58 AM.

I like to dream to.