Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Blizzard can't make content faster than people consume it, it's just impossible.
    Wrong as well. FFXI and EQ did it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    but those two games suck tho :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is shaping up to be one of if not the best expansion they have made.

Also love that OP was torn apart on page 1 and basically vanished lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    I personally do not believe that Legion will have more content than previous expansions, and I feel like the beginning of the xpac is very telling of the rest of it.

World quests are just dailies with some better rewards (for now, the rewards will become eh soon), heroic dungeons now have a weekly lockout (mythic = heroic, mythic + = mythic this expansion), drawn out garrison class quests (not that bad, but it's a major time gate, would have preferred "clear all dungeons" or something), and they've shown they are planning on releasing raids more spread out, but it's clear they aren't planning on doing "more" raiding content, just more spread out. It's like taking HFC, splitting the bosses into 3 groups, then releasing 1/3rd at a time every 2 months.

It's clever to keep people playing the game, but without MORE content, it will end up feeling exactly the same, perhaps even worse because we have less bosses to clear weekly.

Why can't Blizzard just make MORE content, rather than resorting to extreme levels of time gating to keep people subbed?
    What do you mean worried that it will be a major time gated expansion? It already is on release. Honestly, it feels like a mobile game such as clash of clans. You log in once or twice a day and do the small amount of progression that you can and you're not allowed to go any further. I'm having fun, and playing lots of alts and loving the artifacts. But all the time gated stuff does feel very cheap, almost like an illusion of content.

I don't think you even played vanilla, you joined MMO-champion in... 2014.
    Yea, cause we all know mmo-c membership is required to login to the game.

Some people ...

I don't think you even played vanilla, you joined MMO-champion in... 2014. This site is generally the go-to for WoW stuff.

Content was fast and furious then, same with TBC. I can assure you that before WoD and pandaland the content was much better... well, and cata, you joined at a time where you didn't really get to experience the game when it had a ton of content. You can argue that there would be more bugs, but I don't mind bugs if it means more things to do. Didn't mind it in Vanilla/BC.
    are you..... Are you actually stating that someone can't have subbed to wow and not mmo at the same time?

I can't speak for vanilla as I joined wow early tbc (or did I, my mmo join date is after that time :O ) but content was not fast and furious, it was just structured differently.

Levelling, levelling was a lot slower, as the guy you quoted it's a different type of gating. You needed nearly 700k exp to go from 60-61. You'd have to do every single quest, and the hellfire dungeons just to hit 61. Now, we can do one zone just do the bulk of the zone and we get two levels and a bit.

The raids, this is what I thought tbc did better, we had 10 mans or we had 25 mans. We didn't have 10 man versions of 25s and visa versa. Furthermore we didn't have hard modes or different difficulties, we had each raid getting progressively harderm and actually inside the raid, each boss was progressively harder than the next. the reason this system worked was because, it made a continuous progress path, unless you poached the realms best players, when you started a guild you had to start with heroic dungeons, kara and maggies, you worked your way through those, until you had them on farm status, had enough gear and moved on to gruls caverns etc. that was the case no matter if you started at launch or BT patch or sun well patch

The problem now is, (let's use wod) you could of started a brand new guild, full of brand new players, all level 100 boosted. Run lfr hfc and started the first wing of hfc all in one go. Alright a little extreme example but the point still stands, you can now jump into end content straight away. This makes anything before obsolete, thus we can feel like there's less to do

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I didn't know FFXI and EQ are Blizzard games. Reading comprehension problems?