Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if OP is telling the truth. Yesterday in a mythic HoV run I watched the group leader kick the highest DPS so that his guildmate would be top of the meters. I've been kicked myself (as a tank) for refusing to give people an item that I got, asking DPS to interrupt heals/fears/spells on trash mobs, "not tanking" untankable adds, and in some instances for literally no reason at all. I was kicked from mythic Arcway last week for "not giving" a rogue a pair of gloves - despite the fact that I tried to trade it to him but he was locked out of loot. On principle now I immediately leave any heroic or mythic where all four players are from the same realm/guild; I've had nothing but problems with a bunch of assholes who want to give a fifth wheel a hard time.

This is one of those posts where you're like 100% sure the OP isn't telling the whole story.

You run into a few bad players and blame the game for it instead of taking to opportunity to improve the playerbase. You got what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know that explicitly says "received infraction" but what it actually means is just that someone reported you. If you get an actual infraction you'll have the red letters obvious in your post and won't be able to post for a bit.
    Im not retarded.

http://imgur.com/a/eYuXV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know that explicitly says "received infraction" but what it actually means is just that someone reported you. If you get an actual infraction you'll have the red letters obvious in your post and won't be able to post for a bit.
    This isn't true at all. Sometimes mods leave infractions without editing the post. The cards on the bottom right always indicate an infraction was given.

That said, please review our rules here http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php

Which include bringing issues with moderation to the correct channels: PM a blue moderator or an admin. Do not keep discussing it here, thank you.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    When people post these things I always wonder if they're just making it up. I've run probably 40, maybe 50 heroics so far as a tank. I've haven't been booted since my earliest days as a noob tank in Wrath in dps gear without 540 def. Not once has a healer told me I don't "take enough damage". Not once have I heard of a tank kicked for being "unfun to heal".
    Indeed, perhaps it's "cultural" for some regional server, but I could never imagine getting kicked for those reasons on a EU server.
    I could think of perhaps "going too fast" - so that the healer has to panic-spamheal you all the time could be a reason, but not taking damage or not being fun to heal seem like awfully strange reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I always pull at the speed IP can handle in a heroic cause they are a joke.

But yes, i wasnt told to slow down, after the boss i was given a "You go too fast" and "You have been removed from the group" followed.
    Was this eye of Azhara? Because I think you were my groups tank and we booted you without a word after first boss. You pulled literally like 3 groups of trash at once, we all said 'Um... what the fuck?" and then pulled boss just as second group of 3 trash died. Sure healer had some mana but boss was pulled when healer had 50% mana and arcane mage had like 10% and was eating.

If it was our group, you fucking deserved it.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    When people post these things I always wonder if they're just making it up. I've run probably 40, maybe 50 heroics so far as a tank. I've haven't been booted since my earliest days as a noob tank in Wrath in dps gear without 540 def. Not once has a healer told me I don't "take enough damage". Not once have I heard of a tank kicked for being "unfun to heal".
    It's usually because they have some other off-putting trait that they're unaware of.

I got kicked from LFG because I did TOO much dps!

I got kicked from LFG because I was too good at healing!

These things never happen.

I've pulled pretty fast in pugs before, you just gotta make sure you give them time to breath sometimes. Sometimes a simple readycheck before a boss is enough. If you are with random people, you gotta try to communicate a little if you do something out of the ordinary.

I think the problem here is that you weren't going fast enough, clearly you gave them time in-between pulls to initiate a kick.

On a serious note, I find it hard to believe that his stuff actually happens - In all my years i've never seen it.

I don't believe you
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    This smells like bollox in a vain attempt to boast about your tankiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Since the majority of this forum isn't any good at WoW they won't understand the issue. I remember back in MoP where you could solo the heroics in 5 minutes. The rage from the other 4 people would be priceless. Keep up the good fight though, OP.
    Oh i know, i was just venting cause of the hunter group i mention in the post, the tank suddenly went all capslock "I NEED A CIG!" and vanished for 5mins giving me time to post this.

I'm not surprised you were kicked. Tanks run dungeons at a million mile per hour. It ruined my first experiences of the 5 mans and took longer to learn any of the mechanics for mythics.

Probably because too many people in the beta for 8 months. Doing these dungeons now is just an old boring grind for them, and want it over fast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickyick79 View Post
    I'm not surprised you were kicked. Tanks run dungeons at a million mile per hour. It ruined my first experiences of the 5 mans and took longer to learn any of the mechanics for mythics.

Probably because too many people in the beta for 8 months. Doing these dungeons now is just an old boring grind for them, and want it over fast.
    I legitimately don't understand your perspective on this. You actually believe people in these dungeons run them quickly because they practiced on beta for 8 months?

Do you really think heroic 5-mans are that difficult? Jesus...

They became a grind after the first clear. Joke tuning, joke mechanics. None of the fights took more than 2 minutes even with absolutely atrocious gear, well-below the minimum for group finder.

@ OP sorry I don't believe u at all. I have been a healer all the way from vanilla to legion and a tank who doesnt take any dmg is a "recreative break" from the stressful healing that we also get from bad groups. Getting kicked for being too tanky, NO WAY!
    U might have rushed through too fast for the other players to "enjoy" the dungeon.
    Watch ur minimap, watch ur group and make sure they stay with u close up. Its not fun as a healer chasing down the tank arround 3 corners ahead.

I know what it's like OP. I frequently get kicked from dungeons for being too good.

The group will praise my performance but they'll always say something along the lines of "we're not worthy" and "we're but maggots". After I singlehandedly clear most of the dungeon while healing, DPSing and tanking everything on my own while going at optimal speed (while still ensuring it is an enjoyable pace for all parts) they just don't feel that they deserve to be in my presence and remove me as a sign of respect.

It's getting really annoying.

sup with all the mad nerds claiming this didn't happen? it's lfd, i've seen people get kicked multiple times for no reason at all other than to piss them off.

Depends if you were doing something stupid.

If all your group are casters with ground targeted aoe and you never stop moving then it's annoying as a pint of piss. If you're gathering them all up that's fine, but some tanks literally never stand still, so stuff takes longer to die.

If you pulled a bunch of healing aura mobs (the ones in DHT) so it actually took longer for stuff to die than if you'd pulled properly, like a tank did in a dungeon I was in recently, then that's not going fast. That's pulling loads of mobs because you think that's what to do to speed up a dungeon without understanding what anything in the dungeon does.

If you're doing something that you think is fast because you're tanking loads of mobs (BIG NUMBERS! - DERP), but actually just slows down the dungeon overall, then it's going to annoy people.