Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

blizzard said they want dungeons to be relevant

anyone remember blizzard saying they want dungeons to be relevant, well yes mythic plus will be but only a handful of people will be sucessful at those but once raid hits on the 21st for EU,dungeons are already irrelevant as a DK with ilvl 843 normal dungeons dont drop anything apart from vendor trash,heroic can drop warforged but very rarely so no incentive to go back to those, when emerald nightmare opens and people start getting there raid gear mythic dungeons will be phased out aswell for gear, so only raids and mythic plus for pver's which is basically same dungeons you have done over and over just with some added little quirk to make it a little harder

Deleted
    When raids go live there will be a chance for 860+ ilvl titanforge gears from dungeons so all this rabble is nonsense...

And from what you are typing rng doesnt seem to fit you since having a chance is not enough for you to go back and do the content that is still relevant so in short maybe wow aint your game?

That's why you go mythic+ and use keystones for better loot.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I wouldn't call them irrelevant. You can get a max level peice from a mythic and 875 from heroics. It makes sense that they don't drop them often but considering once your 860 running all the mythics and or a couple heroics for a chance at something better will be trivial. They can't make it so they drop the highest level as consistantly as raids or it takes away from the raids. I think its a pretty good start. Maybe some tweaking so its a bit more likely to get warforged or titanforged based on your ilvl.

Edit, I know you can't go that high now but it will continue to expand as the xpac progresses. Titanforged is up to 50 ilvls higher.

Dungeons are not aimed at regular raiders but still offer the potential for something useful if the raider wishes to fill their spare time with dungeons. They are aimed at players that don't raid at a high level for various reasons. And there's so many varieties of difficulty and reward that everyone can find something that suits them.

I'd say dungeons have never been more relevant to a larger portion of the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    which is basically same dungeons you have done over and over just with some added little quirk to make it a little harder
    ...what?

"Blizzard said dungeons should be relevant all expansion!"

"Mythic+ is just running dungeons over and over again all expansions with slight differences"

Uh... ergo, dungeons are going to be relevant all expansion?

I don't really understand. You are unhappy that dungeons will be irrelevant soon, then complain that Mythic+ doesn't count because you will be running the same dungeons over and over again? If they kept heroic/normal dungeons more relevant it's still the same bloody dungeons. Unless you expect a new 5-man every week or something.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    ...what?

"Blizzard said dungeons should be relevant all expansion!"

"Mythic+ is just running dungeons over and over again all expansions with slight differences"

Uh... ergo, dungeons are going to be relevant all expansion?

I don't really understand. You are unhappy that dungeons will be irrelevant soon, then complain that Mythic+ doesn't count because you will be running the same dungeons over and over again? If they kept heroic/normal dungeons more relevant it's still the same bloody dungeons. Unless you expect a new 5-man every week or something.
    you forgot the keystones with Mythic+ changes a lot..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    When raids go live there will be a chance for 860+ ilvl titanforge gears from dungeons so all this rabble is nonsense...

And from what you are typing rng doesnt seem to fit you since having a chance is not enough for you to go back and do the content that is still relevant so in short maybe wow aint your game?
    and who is gonna run dungeons for that like 1-2 percent chance of getting a lucky upgrade, when you will prolly have better luck in your weekly raids

Quote Originally Posted by Linkenqt View Post
    From what I remember it's still 850 max from dungeons for the first week of raids.

Deleted
    and who is gonna run dungeons for that like 1-2 percent chance of getting a lucky upgrade, when you will prolly have better luck in your weekly raids
    Still doesnt make the content irelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    From what I remember it's still 850 max from dungeons for the first week of raids.
    Aye but its still coming so dungeons wont be useless for people not raiding.

Why would they want normal and heroic dungeons to remain relevant as your iLvl increases? That's exactly why Mythic+ was invented.

Deleted
    Make heroics drip in AP, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    I am tired looking for mythic dungeons, mostly i got rejected and idk why.

I got allready 845 ILvL but still...

People who don't raid. You know, the vast majority of players.

Raids will always reward the best gear in a blizzard game, so dungeons will always struggle to be "relevant."

For some reason, the fact that you have manage more people in a raid setting makes it somehow greater of a challenge in Blizzard's eyes (which means greater rewards).

Personally, I think the most challenging encounter is a well designed solo encounter, since you have to beat it yourself and can't be "carried." In almost every raid group there is the person that is being somewhat "carried" (sometimes even more than one), which is why I am so surprised that Blizz is so adamant that the best gear must drop from a raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you can't just raid 24/7, quite a few people are gonna enjoy, that you have a small chance of getting upgrades in dungeons. In the end, they are not trying to make non-mythic+ dungeons on par with raiding when it comes to reward. They just want players to feel like that running dungeons as a raider is not a complete waste of time. There is always the chance for an upgrade, which will proberly increase the number of players, who will help people gear up, since they can maybe also get a reward at some point
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    That's why you go mythic+ and use keystones for better loot.
    spending up to 40 min doing a dungeon with 1 shot at loot is not something many people will do for a long time. Not after they screwed us over by removing 3 pieces in the end chest.

Mythic + just doesn't feel rewarding enough for the time it takes.

So you make yet another complaint thread and are proven wrong once again and here you go moving the goalposts how nice.
    Last I checked not everyone raids so maybe these people will run them.
    Last I checked can't raid every second of every day so maybe a raider will do these when not raiding. Any raider worth his/her salt does everything they can to improve themselves so they will be running these.
    Last I checked these are filled with achievements so achievement hunters will do these which a large portion of the player base is but the way.
    Finally the players said they wanted 5 mans to stay relevant and this system does just that.

So why are you wasting everybodies time on this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    spending up to 40 min doing a dungeon with 1 shot at loot is not something many people will do for a long time. Not after they screwed us over by removing 3 pieces in the end chest.

Mythic + just doesn't feel rewarding enough for the time it takes.

For you maybe for a lot of other players myself included anything I can do to make my toon stronger I do. Add in the achievements and just the challenge alone to see how far I can go I will do it and many others.
    Why did people do challenge modes?

What I'm asking myself is: when does the OP think punctuation, proper syntax and using paragraphs are going to become relevant again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What I'm asking myself is: when does the OP think punctuation, proper syntax and using paragraphs are going to become relevant again?
    Make layouts great again!

OT: I don't see the issue, you claim that dungeons won't be relevant, while at the same time mentioning mythic+ which will be relevant.