Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    honestly, if you spent 2 hours mining infinite felslate from an exploit, 14 days is actually pretty good. People were selling each ore for 1k on my server on first week. I still haven't touched my engineering because prices are way too high, now you are telling me it was not even a rarity problem. You should have been banned for a year, or ever, like I care.
    Umm, what? Maybe it's my complete obliviousness when it comes to economy talking, but wouldn't shit tons of felslate being in the market reduce its price and make it more available to you?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Ban should have been longer tbh.
    Perm no appeals.

Sick of exploiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Umm, what? Maybe it's my complete obliviousness when it comes to economy talking, but wouldn't shit tons of felslate being in the market reduce its price and make it more available to you?
    Yes this is generally how it works, until people use an exploit to cash in tons of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by phuzy View Post
    I don't want you to feel bad for me lol.
    I got tempted briefly and I accept the punishment.
    I did the crime I'm doing the time.
    However what I don't like is blizzard picking and choosing who to let off scott free. Seems like #whiteprivilege

- - - Updated - - -

Ya the markets are being flooded with the people who did this for hours on end and made bags full of stacks of ores.
    Amazes me how blizzard unlocked their accounts and to top it off sent them an apology email.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the email they sent with the unban:
    "Greetings,

As part of our ongoing effort to combat exploitation and abusive behavior, Blizzard recently closed a World of Warcraft license on this Battle.net account.

After performing an additional review of the evidence considered in this action, we've determined that this closure was an error. We are reopening this license for play and hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the mistake.

It is our mission to make Battle.net a fun and safe environment for all players, and we are truly sorry that we affected your experience in this fashion. We are always refining our processes and we will learn from this experience as we continue in our ongoing efforts.

We look forward to your safe return to the game, and thank you for your patience and understanding."

you just lost any and all respect I could've ever had for you. fuck off cheater.

I always found the all cheaters should be banned for life attitude to be a bit much. Like there are obviously ways that people can cheat that would deserve a life ban, but exploits that don't really affect you much really shouldn't get a life time ban. This would be one of those cases. I mean realistically this exploit lowered the price of felslate and in increased its availability for the entire server and most players that bought felslate at this time wouldn't have known where it came from. Now if you truly believe that these people should be perma banned than that would mean any ore that you bought at this time should be taken away from you if it was gotten through the mining exploit because it was gotten from a cheater. Would that be fair? No not really because you have no way of knowing. But your the person that believes that all cheaters must be perma banned and by thinking that any items in the game that were gotten in a cheating fashion should also be deleted. this includes any crafted items that you might have made during this time with bought ore.

I think what I am trying to say is this, in the grand scheme of things is not a perma ban exploit and in my opinion this really didnt do anything to hurt the player base in any way. Gold exchanged hands because a unnatural shock to the ore market happened. The only people that I see as potentially getting hurt by this were people that were trying to sell their legit ore. However if these people were smart they would have reinvested there legit ore into crafted mats and made even more money than they would have if this exploit wasnt a thing to begin with.

With that in mind two weeks seems a proper punishment to me. Especially when, from what it seems, was an exploit of an in game bug that was allowed to pass unnoticed. If they were altering the game in someway then your getting into the perma ban realm that everyone seems to want to rush to. Also, side note, if it is true that blizzard is unlocking accounts of people that actively partook in this exploit because an automated process told them that they were wrongfully flagged then that is fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    What was the bug anyways?
    I'm sure he used the MissingNo bug to duplicate ore

Two Be honest it was stupid of blizzard to give them a code and unban them.

And? It's Blizzard's fault for leaving the bug in-game. Punishing other people for it would be immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's actually something like this: you rent a flat and its owner tells you that you can use literally everything in the flat, and doesn't realize that he hasn't locked the door behind which he keeps something that he only wishes for himself. You use it. Whose fault is it? His.
    No it wouldnt be "immoral". You knowingly exploited a bug which is against the rules blizzard has set for you playing this game which means you are doing a bannable offense
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The "ban" stuff doesn't even matter. Anyone could have made an alt account and exploited this then sent the mats off to their main. In fact, it is what the smart exploiters did. You guys are whining about unbans that are only the tip of the iceberg. People made over 26.000 ores and sent them away to accounts that were never even touched by Blizzard.

And? It's Blizzard's fault for leaving the bug in-game. Punishing other people for it would be immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's actually something like this: you rent a flat and its owner tells you that you can use literally everything in the flat, and doesn't realize that he hasn't locked the door behind which he keeps something that he only wishes for himself. You use it. Whose fault is it? His.
    When u started playing this game u agreed not to exploit known bugs, its on the ToS, u know the thing people dont read and just straight up check the box. Is this the first time you played a computer game? Having bugs is unavoidable, but you knowingly exploiting a bug is not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    No it wouldnt be "immoral". You knowingly exploited a bug which is against the rules blizzard has set for you playing this game which means you are doing a bannable offense
    Yes, I'm saying the rule is immoral in the first place.

I love how some people are so weak-minded that they can think something being a rule or law immediately means it's not wrong or immoral.

Unbanned? Heck, they shouldn't have been banned in the first place, but rewarded for forcing down the price of that crap with their exploitative farming technique.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Unbanned? Heck, they shouldn't have been banned in the first place, but rewarded for forcing down the price of that crap with their exploitative farming technique.
    To be fair, the prices are okay. Gold has inflated a lot lately, so it might seem like the price is high, but I've got no issues with earning something like 30k gold a day with hardly any effort.

Interestingly I was in a mythic pug last night and the healer said he'd just been unbanned for felslate exploiting and Blizz had credited his account with a month's free game time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    Interestingly I was in a mythic pug last night and the healer said he'd just been unbanned for felslate exploiting and Blizz had credited his account with a month's free game time.
    There are literally people in a well-known hack/exploit forum busting with laughter becuase they exploited the felslate thing and got thousands of ore.

Then Blizzard unbanned them, let them have their ore and millions of gold AND EVEN GAVE THEM A FREE MONTH OF GAMETIME for the inconvienience caused.

ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Hassliebe View Post
    There are literally people in a well-known hack/exploit forum busting with laughter becuase they exploited the felslate thing and got thousands of ore.

Then Blizzard unbanned them, let them have their ore and millions of gold AND EVEN GAVE THEM A FREE MONTH OF GAMETIME for the inconvienience caused.

ROFL
    Yup,
    All the people I know (excluding me RIP) got unbanned, kept all their gold and ores and got 30day free gametime credited.
    Exploit game, not only is it No problem to blizz, but they give you benefits!

Deleted
    Which made me lose a serious amount of trust