LastLast
    Deleted
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    How did you find this out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Sauce?

This message is apparently too short. :l
    Added Tweets from a couple Blizzard employees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    You know, I would've loved that one ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I assume blizzard is seeing Overwatch > WOW right now.
    Even though Overwatch will never get to WoW succes
    Think it is more, it was the last project he handled.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    So very, very wrong.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...er-15m-players

Wow's maximum player count was 12.5m during Wrath.

And Metzen was the lead on Overwatch, hence Winston.
    WAS being the optimal word, WoW's current subs are estimated around 3-4 mil, 5-6 If you're a fanboy and don't ever believe wow will fall. WoW Is failing and they know It, another MMO will take It's place In the coming years and sadly none of them will be even remotely good at WoW was at Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Todrazok View Post
    Why is Metzen not wielding the Doomhammer?
    Baby Gorilla is a far more versatile weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    15m players since launch doesn't mean 15m active players. Wow has had over 100m players since launch...
    especially by those metrics, over 9 days, on average each player played 17 hours total
    under 2 hours a day, while healthier than what most gamers spend on their specific games, if that average holds true
    what more than likely happened is 15m players playing 5 hours a for a couple days, then 8m playing 4 hours a couple of days, to 1m playing 4 hours a couple of days to 500k playing 4 hours a couple days.

more likely that than the whole 15m playing an under 2hr a day, for the whole 9 day span that's quoted.

so yeah, those metrics mean nothing unless it's in a graph separated by days. overwatch could have 500k people playing 4-6 hours a day right now, more, or less, but players vs active/daily players, are very different metrics
    To get an idea of how much Overwatch has grown since launch, it previously had 7m players who played it for a total of 119m hours nine days after release.
    Overwatch has accumulated 15m players globally since its launch on 24th May.
    i don't see anything about active or daily, simply having an account means you are part of that 15m, having ever logged in, made a char, said you don't want to play this game, or to laggy on ancient computer, etc.
    Of course, this is player numbers, not copies sold. Households could have multiple accounts tied to the same copy of the game, after all, but it's still a very impressive figure by any measure.
    that means, even if 15m accounts, doesn't mean 15m copies sold

and, wow has active paying subs, vs buy2play, not sub
    looking at the article that links from the one OP linked to, shows this
    Overwatch has more than 7m registered players since its launch nine days ago on 24th May.

That's not as many as the open beta, which drew in 9.7m players, but people didn't have to pay for the beta. They did for the game.
    so only 7m/9.7m felt like the game was worth buying after beta, so they lost what...a little over a quarter of their playerbase right there?
    their active players will be much much lower now i'd guarantee you, but blizz likes wording things for their stockholders,
    instead of we had an average of X active players this quarter
    they will say
    we have 15m copies sold / players / etc...because it's not lying, it's smudging data.

btw i love the idea of a baby gorilla, and is the statue going to be solid bronze?
    doubt it's plastic but making a mold for one statue is meh... so more likely carved with power tools, polished up etc?
    not sure how machining one of a kind mini statues work lol
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-17 at 05:58 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

How much is it on Ebay?

Great statue! You will be missed Metzen!

I saw this coming when I watched how unenthusiastic you were on the set of the Warcraft film, even saying "makes me feel like a fan again". I wish you the best and hope you never fully give up on WoW!

I mean I think Doomhammer on the ground would be neat. Like he's leaving it behind to head into the future with his little ones.

I think baby Winston is the representation of his Children.

And each games symbol on the bottom
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Nice to see they photoshopped few pounds off him :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis View Post
    WAS being the optimal word, WoW's current subs are estimated around 3-4 mil, 5-6 If you're a fanboy and don't ever believe wow will fall. WoW Is failing and they know It, another MMO will take It's place In the coming years and sadly none of them will be even remotely good at WoW was at Wrath.
    Not a WoW fanboy, but didn't they recently say that the game has more active players than it's ever had, even back during the Wrath days? Legion is doing serious good for WoW right now.

They should have made this a statue instead.

I know this isn't a popular opinion, but that guy comes off as a 50 year old still trying to dress like a teenager. It is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar The Space Laser Bear View Post
    So very, very wrong.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...er-15m-players

Wow's maximum player count was 12.5m during Wrath.

And Metzen was the lead on Overwatch, hence Winston.
    heh, that's numbers of active subs. Warcraft reached over 100m players many years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without a doubt he deserves a statue, despite whatever some may say.

Doesn't he like orcs? Why did they give him an alliance hoody? Its a cute statue though. Something nice to show your kids.

Deleted
    A stupid monkey out of everything?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I know this isn't a popular opinion, but that guy comes off as a 50 year old still trying to dress like a teenager. It is just weird.
    He's not 50. And us 40 year olds don't appreciate being called 50

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Doesn't he like orcs? Why did they give him an alliance hoody?
    As a hater, i'd like to think it's some not-very-hidden middle finger for him, lol. Or maybe he just grew up and chose the better faction.

Though seriously, wondering this myself. I always thought he was a green monkey (orc) fan no.1
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2016-09-17 at 11:14 PM.